1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Changes: GFX SECTION

Post by DC-17 »

The GFX section has been changed.

The forums

Besides the "GFX Staff Only" forum, there are only 2 forums remaining: General Artwork, and Requests. I think their title talk by themselves

General Artwork

basically regroups all "General/Other/Gift Area/Sig of the month/Resources/Tutorials/Video editing/WarZone Requests" forums into one. Most of them were very inactive or with a little handful of topics in them, and I am sure it will look way more professional and less inactive to have all this stuff regrouped into one forum only. It basically concerns the same thing: general GFX'ing.

Requests

is the forum where all requests from non-GFX members have to be posted. They can either be Personal Requests (such as a signature or an avatar) or Clan/Divisions' Requests (such as headers for posts, youtube channels background etc.).

The GFX forums are quite "messy" at the moment, as old forums must be merged into the new ones. This will be fixed very soon by the staff.

The GFX Staff

About the staff

We want an active GFX staff.
We do not want to "force" anybody to work on GFX, as it is time consuming and as we know how much effort it takes to fulfill a request. However, joining the TX GFX staff is your own decision, and it implies to take the responsibility to fulfill requests. If you just want to train your GFX skills and learn new things, you are welcome in the GFX forums, but you should not apply to the staff. The first role of the staff is really to create artwork for the clan and its members.

By the same occasion, please note that there is a "hierarchy" upon the different types of requests, and that there is priority for the most important ones:

1) Clan Requests must be treated in full priority. They concern the entire clan and should thus be fulfilled before any other request.
2) Divisions Requests are the second most important ones. They have to be treated before Personal Requests as they also concern a big group of members.
3) Personal Requests will then be treated.

// Note: members can post as many Personal Requests as they want, don't get the message wrong. It is just important (especially for the staff) to understand there is a sense of priority in the work to be made.

Staff requirements

Anybody from any clan willing to join the GFX staff is welcome. You do not have to be a TX member to be in the TX GFX staff, however you will work for TeamXtreme. A minimum of skill in GFX is required to join the staff. For more information regarding GFX skill requirements, contact the current GFX members.

You can post an application either in the GFX forums, or send it to myself. I will then transfer it to the "GFX Staff Only" forum so it can be treated.

As a GFX staff member, you will get full moderation power over the TX GFX forums, and access to the "GFX Staff Only" forum. You will also receive an orange name. However, you must be active. If you are inactive too long, your orange name will be removed. If you still don't show enough activity after a certain ammount of time, you will be removed from the staff. The orange name should really stand to identify staff members who are active and available for work.

Note: Of course you can go inactive for a while, we do not ask you to work 7/24. The only thing you have to do is warn the other staff members in the "GFX Staff Only" forum. You will then lose your orange name, but you won't get removed from the staff immediately.

Staff members

No staff member has been removed from the GFX Staff group for the moment. However most GFX members have lost their orange name. Just post a message here to say you will be active and you will recover your orange name. Here is the current GFX Staff Memberlist:

Graphiix
War
Sharp

Steel
Numb
ninja
Resh
Barcode
nBurbidge (Nathan)

// If members are inactive too long, they will be removed from the staff.

Anybody who is willing to join the staff is welcome to send me an application!

Also, please note there is no "leader" within the GFX staff group. If the staff members have really different opinions on a matter and can't come to a common conclusion, Vash or myself will take the final decision. However this never happened so far as there is a very good cohesion and a lot of friendship within the staff members.

By these changes we really intend to make our GFX section more professional and more effective. Know that everybody (TX and non-TX members) are very welcome to browse these public forums, where you can find a lot of tutorials, advice and tips from experienced members to immerse yourself in the GFX universe!

Should you have any question, do not hesitate to contact the GFX Staff members ( ;) ) or myself.
Splatter
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran

Re: Changes: GFX SECTION

Post by Splatter »

That looks really good, hopefully this will work out well. :up:
NeXiS
LoL Member
LoL Member
STEAM: brogamer3
BATTLE.NET: UnbreakableD
LoL Name: AngelusIustitia