After 4 years: a new forum design

Moderator: Command Council News

Apfel
Kappa Private
Kappa Private

Re: After 4 years: a new forum design

Post by Apfel »

Žarbon wrote:To be honest this looks more like a noobclan forum. I don't like it. The old design was made professional but not this one.
im pretty surprised that we share our opinion once ;)

I prefer the old design too. Maybe its because of im used to it for years now, but well so it is :3
More detail:

The design while being in a thread isnt bad and equal to the old one. (the post-a-reply site is even better as i recognize now xD)

But the index page just looks like it would come from a create-a-forum.com website (i think thats what zarbon means with noobclan forum)

Also I prefer the old unread/ no unread posts graphics and especially the graphics for the links to warzone, downloads etc. dont look good.

The other big point would be to switch the position of the 'last post by ...' and the thread and posts pictures, just like in the old design.
And imo the thread and posts pictures are WAY too big and bold, which really disturbs my eyes :3
Pi-Pa-Pacio Image
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: oh god
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you're so awesome
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you know i love you, right? :3

Hidden content:

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Apfel wrote:But the index page just looks like it would come from a create-a-forum.com website (i think thats what zarbon means with noobclan forum)
The design is unique - you won't find it anywhere else. Maybe the colors make you think that though.
Apfel wrote:Also I prefer the old unread/ no unread posts graphics and especially the graphics for the links to warzone, downloads etc. dont look good.
LOL, this is exactly the point I didn't like in the old design, because I made those images in a very short time because I was too lazy... in my opinion they looked very cheap and ugly.
Apfel wrote:The other big point would be to switch the position of the 'last post by ...' and the thread and posts pictures, just like in the old design.
Yea I could do that. I will test that, thanks for the idea.
Apfel wrote:And imo the thread and posts pictures are WAY too big and bold, which really disturbs my eyes :3
Which do you mean?

Btw. thanks for your detailed feedback!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

Would it at all be possible to make it so you know when you have an unread/new PM as i had a PM sitting there without knowing. It would have been nice to have been informed I had one so that I could respond to it faster.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Zafiro
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by Zafiro »

Barcode wrote:Would it at all be possible to make it so you know when you have an unread/new PM as i had a PM sitting there without knowing. It would have been nice to have been informed I had one so that I could respond to it faster.
There is a paper sticking out of the envelope at the messages logo in case you recieved a new PM, but it's kinda hard to see if you don't expect it.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

ZaFiro wrote:
Barcode wrote:Would it at all be possible to make it so you know when you have an unread/new PM as i had a PM sitting there without knowing. It would have been nice to have been informed I had one so that I could respond to it faster.
There is a paper sticking out of the envelope at the messages logo in case you recieved a new PM, but it's kinda hard to see if you don't expect it.
I can highlight it.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

That would be awesome, providing it is obvious.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

My PM's dont work anymore... I click submit and it doesn't send them to outbox.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Penguin wrote:My PM's dont work anymore... I click submit and it doesn't send them to outbox.
Just tested it: works for me. Did you receive my PM? If yes, reply please.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Vash wrote:
Penguin wrote:My PM's dont work anymore... I click submit and it doesn't send them to outbox.
I didn't receive it.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Penguin wrote:
Vash wrote:
I didn't receive it.
You replied on it?!
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

I also prefer the old one but maybe I need time to be used with this one !

I think this design is less structured, this is "too big"
Click for watching:
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

I just replaced the pic for new PM's.

Thoughts?
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
XBOX Gamertag: lnfinitii

Post by Infinitii »

Tbh I think it's better if u switch the read and unread emblem for the messaging menu. So if you have a new msg there should be a closed envelope and vice versa. Just suits outlook more that's why.
The prettiest colours!
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Well if you don't have new PMs the icon remains the same:
Skirata
LoL Manager
LoL Manager
STEAM: charcoaleater
LoL Name: framboiseattack

Post by Skirata »

Cool, like it.
-Sig by War.

Hamlet Coach (1:17): yea sure, sry i took long to answer but i had to google how to talk in chat while palying, i keep forgetting
Freshou (8:06): contact me *****

Return to “TeamXtreme Clan Announcements”