LoL Patch Notes

Moderator: Command Council News

Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

LoL Patch Notes

Post by Drift »

With Patch 4.6 being released on all servers and reaching the major milestone of having a League div for a year, it's time to make some changes based on all the experiences we've had from this past year. Quick a look back on our progress (placed in spoiler since not all may be interested in it).
Hidden content:
LoL Division has had it's up and downs for the past year and about 3 months it's nice to see where and what we've been doing. Much of our information was deleted by the forum reset which we had no control over, but last estimate had our total memberlist including all inactive members numbered around 50-60 people. To give you an idea of this number, in the past 3 years Tx's "main repcom division" has only recruited 43 people. Our original vote system encouraged members to become participants and play with the apps, but as of late it currently turns to become our problem. We first implemented the current format of divcom over 6-7 months ago nearly half the entirety of our division. TX has also attempted at hosting a few internal tournaments via Warzone and sponsored two ranked teams including Crusher and Deathy, and the TeamXtreme One squad lead by Matark. A member's guide section (most of the information was wiped) was also created for different builds, but is currently a bit sparse of other information.
The problem we are facing in the division is the inactivity of the managerial members of the division thus leading to the inactivity of the general member base. We expected the managers to be active and continually throw out new ideas for the well-being of League and handle all in-game organizations, but due to inactivity it completely destroys the purpose of having such a rank.

The following changes entirely gives back the division to the hands of the member's so they may decide what they want. Every member will have the ability to vote in a redesigned application system plus the ability to create polls in all forums. Basically now instead of having manager's spend months talking about something that usually doesn't work, any member can create a topic say "I want 2v2 ARAM Tournament, how many are interested" and then attach a poll to see how many yes's there are.

Below listed are all the changes to the MEMBERS ONLY
  1. The rank of manager has been removed
  2. The rank of adviser will remain, but it's total memberlist and permissions will be edited (more on it below)
  3. A new "rank" of honored member will be created for all inactive and active advisers and members who have been in the clan for over a year. This rank will henceforth be known as Poro. (see below)
  4. All members will receive additional rights on League forums.

Advisers will be changed up a bit to reflect the "member's are in control" mindset of the division. Advisers will be seen as those members who you can contact if you ever have any problems and can especially be seen as leaders in setting up ranked teams and as forward thinkers. That being said advisers have the same weight as every other member with no specific difference then just a badge next to the name. In the new application system and voting for tournaments their vote will be worth the same as a member, 1.

The current advisers are:

Numb
Barcode
Skirata
Hasero Will retake his position once computer problems fixed.

The new poro rank will be for those members who have stayed loyal to the division active or inactive for a period of a year. You are not required to be an adviser to receive this rank.

The current poros are:

Fresh
Destiny
TehSold3y

Changes to Application System

1. Applicants will still place their application into the application forum however only 5 votes are required to be accepted into the new "Grunt" rank and to the Grunt Forums. *IMPORTANT* ALL PORO AND ADVISER VOTES WILL BE COUNTED AS ONE.
  2. Grunts will be removed from the system (!)
Changes to Division Leadership
Time to throw DC a curveball, something I was considering which would be best. The original plan called for a division commander rank that would manage the entire division however, it seems unfair to invest so much power into someone who may become inactive especially for someone who is 6-8 hours behind everyone else. With that being said, anyone who has been in the division can see how fast our activity died without managers around and I can only assume this can be a problem with our new system as with all different styles. To prevent this, a few fail safe positions will be kept, however will not be in use UNLESS the division is in jeopardy.

The following changes will be take place effective after this post:
  1. I will remain in position of division commander, however I will take a background role in the division until DC's return to command.
  2. The manager forums will remain open to those who currently have access to it only. Since everything will be taking place in the member's forum, these forums will be kept in the vault so to speak unless inactivity occurs and administrative action is needed.
  3. DC and I will still have the ability to assign rights to the forums, please PM us if you ever need anything.
TL;DR -> League fixes.

Post any questions or concerns here if you have any.

Last edits made 5/5/2014
Last edited by Drift on Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Last edited 5/5/2014

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
NanigVengeance
LoL Member
LoL Member
STEAM: NanigVengeance
LoL Name: Nanig

Re: LoL Patch Notes

Post by NanigVengeance »