help with upgrading

Moderator: hife

Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Re: help with upgrading

Post by Ridley »

All of you just fail.
First of all ninja wants to build a mid-range system for about 500€, so you guys shouldnt suggest high end technologie.
2nd, irons system fails. Buying an 8800 GTS fpr around 100 buckz is just stupid, since a 9600gt, which has the same performance, can be bought for around 80.
Also stop arguing about extra cooling fans. The standard one that came with the processor should be just fine, same goes for the default one that came with the case.
Also buying a pc from one for example would be wasted money. If you buy all the components seperate you will send less money than on one of those.
Another point: DONT BUY VISTA. Windows 7 is set to come out by the end of the year, and it'll be 10x better than vista. Even XP is 10x better than vista.
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Ridley wrote:All of you just fail.
First of all ninja wants to build a mid-range system for about 500€, so you guys shouldnt suggest high end technologie.
2nd, irons system fails. Buying an 8800 GTS fpr around 100 buckz is just stupid, since a 9600gt, which has the same performance, can be bought for around 80.
Also stop arguing about extra cooling fans. The standard one that came with the processor should be just fine, same goes for the default one that came with the case.
Also buying a pc from one for example would be wasted money. If you buy all the components seperate you will send less money than on one of those.
Another point: DONT BUY VISTA. Windows 7 is set to come out by the end of the year, and it'll be 10x better than vista. Even XP is 10x better than vista.
You fail as well, some shops are selling unboxed processors, where is no fan.
And for me, they are too noisy anyway.
Well the graphicscard is maybe better then the one I said :-)
and I agree, that it is better to buy components seperate.
Vista sucks, I got it legal and fore free, but I am not very happy with at, I have no XP CD so I can't change it anymore, but I will buy 7 when it is finished.
If you have an old XP CD, you should use it!
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
ToXic

Post by ToXic »

Ironhide wrote:Who cares about the manufacturer? Price wont change hard
Yes it can. Some manufacturer sell cheap versions of new graphicscards or "overclocked" versions, these are shit
Ironhide wrote:Well the price belongs to the shop, I could get 4 GB DDRII for about 50$...
Maybe If you buy a good ddr2-800 clocked. But that's not good enough for new games...
Ironhide wrote:Mainboard is comaptible with the processor <.< AM2 Socket fits to AM2 Socket...
Anyway, I don't know his case, so I said which fan I would use, because it fits in my case =O
http://www.chip.de/preisvergleich/10009 ... l-AM2.html
Look at the "Datenblatt" it is an AM2+ Socket. It won't fit.

@Ridley
My suggested systems aren't high-end PCs. And ninja said he is a "noob" such things, so I don't think he is able to build a computer on himself. Ofc Vista is shit, I never have had vista on my Computer just XP. But Vista is cheaper then XP atm and using it for one year should be okay. If he has his old xp disc, he can use it , I'm not against it. btw: windows 7 ftw!
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

I did not said buy an overclocked version, did I?
And no, I don't talk about DDRII 800, just get the right shop. Well, the shop I know is very little, and very cheap at all,
in usual shops it is more expensive I think.
And the board fits...AM2+ mainboards can support AM2 as well, so does this one.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

My suggestion.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E Socket AM3 ~ €120
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 710 AM3 ~ €110
GFX: Sapphire HD4870 512MB ~ €160
RAM: 4096MB-Kit OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Fatal1ty Edition CL9 ~ €60

Total: ~ €450

All the rest pieces of hardware are variable. I just posted the most important parts who set the computer's power. You will be able to play any game with this configuration; maybe not any with highest details, but most of them.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Well Vash, power supply and case missing. I'd say that would charge 100€ extra. And I'd like to know where you get a 4870 for 160€.....
Also i would not suggest a Phenom. It would be better to spend some more oney on a Core 2 Quad, you'll get like 2 times more the performance.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Ridley wrote: Also i would not suggest a Phenom. It would be better to spend some more oney on a Core 2 Quad, you'll get like 2 times more the performance.
And two times more money.
And I think he can use his old case anyway.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Ridley wrote:Well Vash, power supply and case missing. I'd say that would charge 100€ extra.
He'll use the old case, like Ironhide already said. And yes, a good power supply will cost like €60 additionally.
Ridley wrote:And I'd like to know where you get a 4870 for 160€.....
http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articled ... 4&agid=717
Ridley wrote:Also i would not suggest a Phenom. It would be better to spend some more oney on a Core 2 Quad, you'll get like 2 times more the performance.
Where did you get that kind of information from? The new AM3 based Phenom II CPU's are as fast as most of the Intel CPU's. You get alot more power for the same money you'd spend for the Intel pendants.

Many people said things like "Yea, AMD's back in action!"
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Vash wrote:http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articled ... 4&agid=717
You bitch, last time i checked hardwareversand they did not have the 4870 GDDR5 for 160€ yet :mad:
Vash wrote:Where did you get that kind of information from? The new AM3 based Phenom II CPU's are as fast as most of the Intel CPU's. You get alot more power for the same money you'd spend for the Intel pendants.

Many people said things like "Yea, AMD's back in action!"
Well i have to excuse then. I based my statement on the comparasion between the Athlon X2s and Core 2 Duos and the ones between the Phenom Is and Core 2 Quads. I flew over the Pehenom II in your prior post :ops: .
ToXic

Post by ToXic »

My question to ninja: Do you have any clue about how to build a computer?
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

ToXic wrote:My question to ninja: Do you have any clue about how to build a computer?
That's easy anway, things like graphicscard, hdd, disc drive, processor ar very easy to install.
The mainboard and fans got an own manual, so it's easy as well.
And in the mainboard manual you can see which cable from the power supply should be on which place,
and if not, the connectors got a special forming, you can't take the wrong one =)
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

ToXic wrote:My question to ninja: Do you have any clue about how to build a computer?
Actually he doesn't need to know that. He just makes a list about the pieces e.g. we suggest and give it to a computer shop and they'll build it. Where is the problem?
Pricey
Veteran
Veteran
STEAM: sinisterprice
XBOX Gamertag: MisterJPrice

Post by Pricey »

Vash wrote:
Actually he doesn't need to know that. He just makes a list about the pieces e.g. we suggest and give it to a computer shop and they'll build it. Where is the problem?
The problem is that you could just buy a new PC for like £800 instead of £500 upgrades...
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

ThePrice wrote:The problem is that you could just buy a new PC for like £800 instead of £500 upgrades...
No upgrades at all. All parts would be new. He just needs someone to build the computer, that's it.
ninja
Epsilon Lance Corporal
Epsilon Lance Corporal

Post by ninja »

for all those asking if i know how to build this in my comp its called TUTORIALS believe me they are everywhere.. and i'm going to work extra careful and write down everything i took off and where so i know how to put it back just in case

Return to “Hardware”