Overheat Problem =/

Moderator: hife

WiNdeLwaLkeR
STEAM: Windelwalker

Overheat Problem =/

Post by WiNdeLwaLkeR »

i bought a new 8gb mushkin ddr-3 1333 mhz ram but its getting really hot after time =/
my pc always shuts down if its overheat and i think the cooler is damaged :(

do you have any ideas how to cool my ram on an other way?
should i go to an expert?
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Re: Overheat Problem =/

Post by TheSold3y »

Seem like you should upgrade your cooling system with a new fan.
WiNdeLwaLkeR

Post by WiNdeLwaLkeR »

but its so new :D
and how to do that with ram?
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

WiNdeLwaLkeR wrote:but its so new :D
and how to do that with ram?
1 front fan, 1 rear fan, CPU fan
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
WiNdeLwaLkeR

Post by WiNdeLwaLkeR »

okaay i think i know how ...
lets see if it works

thanks for help ;)
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader
XBOX Gamertag: Firetrap900

Post by Firetrap900 »

I used to have a problem like this and i solved it by taking of the side panel of my computer untill i saved for the right fan worked like a charm :up:
WiNdeLwaLkeR

Post by WiNdeLwaLkeR »

this sounds good ^^
i'll try that first and if it doesnt work i'll try the other option ;)

thanks for your help i'll tell you if it works :up:
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Your CPU gets too hot? Post some temperatures....
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
WiNdeLwaLkeR

Post by WiNdeLwaLkeR »

no my CPU is on normal temperature (40°C-65°C)
(GPU also normal)

but my ram (dunno what temp. but it felt like 90-120°C)are really getting hot after time =/
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

It's probably not heat, it's probably the stress from having all the slots filled. Try upping the ram voltage a bit.

btw post a pic of the insides of your case.

Most BS you read all day^
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Penguin wrote:It's probably not heat, it's probably the stress from having all the slots filled. Try upping the ram voltage a bit.
Definitely not! Higher voltage results in more heat!

What's your RAM's frequency?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
WiNdeLwaLkeR

Post by WiNdeLwaLkeR »

frequenze of old ram: (2gb) 1333mhz
new : (2x4 gb) 1333 mhz

a photo i have made before a few minutes ^^

do you need a caption in this pic. ?
do you need any other spec. infos of my pc ?
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

I suggest putting those modules not right together. Use slot 1 and 3 for better air circulation.

Btw: do you have a nForce chipset? Those get very hot!

I also suggest putting a fan on the place I have marked:

Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Vash wrote:
Penguin wrote:It's probably not heat, it's probably the stress from having all the slots filled. Try upping the ram voltage a bit.
Definitely not! Higher voltage results in more heat!

What's your RAM's frequency?
Yes but the RAM is 90% not likely to be overheating. Though it's possible in that case, sort out the wiring.
Also the modules should be kept together to run in dual-channel mode.

Make sure the RAM is running at the correct voltage in the bios, set it to the max the ram is specified for.

If it still does it, download and run memtest86 to test the RAM, if it passes then try just using 1 stick of ram. If you find it works fine with 1 but not the other then you know which one needs replacing.

And you should put another fan at the front 2, so you have 1 at the front blowing air in and one at the back sucking it out.

I think you should just get a new case if possible.

Most BS you read all day^
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Penguin wrote:Also the modules should be kept together to run in dual-channel mode.
It's up to the mainboard in which slots you have to put the modules to run them in dual-channel mode. Most of them require slot 1 and 3 for dual-channel.

But it does not matter. If they are really overheating, try slot 1 and 3. Dual-channel's performance push is under 5%. Perhaps +1 FPS if you're in luck.

Also, the AM3 platform does not really jump in dual-channel mode. I suggest, regardless if it results in non-dual-channel, putting the modules in slot 1 and 3.
Penguin wrote:Make sure the RAM is running at the correct voltage in the bios, set it to the max the ram is specified for.
First, try it with the default SPD-settings by setting it to "Auto". Then use a tool like CPU-Z to check the settings. If they're being set correctly (compare with the settings the RAM is offically specified for) everything is okay. If not, you have to set the settings manually to the correct values.
Penguin wrote:And you should put another fan at the front 2, so you have 1 at the front blowing air in and one at the back sucking it out.
An additional fan in the back is more important to get the hot air out. Without the front fan, an underpressure gets generated and the hot air is being sucked out very efficiently.

Return to “Hardware”