Nation based tourney

Everything about the TeamXtreme WarZone.

Moderators: Hasero, WarZone Staff

Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Nation based tourney

Post by Aphex »

I made the suggestion to a few people before, but i guess there is no harm in getting a wider view.

I was thinking that perhaps we should organise some nation based team event for Republic Commando.

The structure which i envisage would be teams of 4 - 8 players, who all must be from the same country
*. The game type is Capture The Flag**and matches can be played in anything from 2v2 to 8v8 nation vs nation.

Matches would consist of 2 rounds (with a third round if becomes 1 - 1), with both teams selecting a map each (same map can be used twice)

The reason i think this should happen is that the game is a lot less active these days and the chances for a competition of this type in say a years time might not be possible depending on numbers of active players.

*Countries with denser populations of players ( ie Germany, France etc) could have several teams of up to 8 people. Similarly countries which have very few players (ie Scandinavian countries) could form a team for that area of the world instead of for an individual country.

**In Team Death Match there is a ping advantage in certain areas of some countries which would potentially make it disbalanced

To fully organise and run this event, we would require a number of referees, and servers which could be used by teams to play their matches. Also the structuring of the system needs some improvement which are all things we can discuss in this topic. Also a full set of rules would need to be written and agreed on.

I hope that people like this idea, because its something which i hoped would happen for a number of years now.

People currently selected for Referee positions:

Aphex
Crimson
Last edited by Aphex on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Nation based tourney

Post by Judge »

I do really like the idea.
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
War
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by War »

Nice idea !

France will win of course, but well, we can do this.
"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Good idea, but the wrong game.

How many countries do have more than 8 players (to build at least 2 teams)? Germany, France, USA and probably the british noobs. I know you want to form groups then and not countries, but then the idea of playing a "country championship" gets lost.

And each team needs many subs because not everyone will be online at the same time, so there should be like 10 players in just one team. So if a country wants to have 2 teams, there'd be 20 players needed.

RepCom is just too inactive for that, but you could give it a try. However I doubt that It'll work, due to a huge lack of activity. It would work for a few matches in the beginning, but then turn inactive.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander

Post by Aphex »

Ironhide wrote:Good idea, but the wrong game.

How many countries do have more than 8 players (to build at least 2 teams)? Germany, France, USA and probably the british noobs. I know you want to form groups then and not countries, but then the idea of playing a "country championship" gets lost.

And each team needs many subs because not everyone will be online at the same time, so there should be like 10 players in just one team. So if a country wants to have 2 teams, there'd be 20 players needed.

RepCom is just too inactive for that, but you could give it a try. However I doubt that It'll work, due to a huge lack of activity. It would work for a few matches in the beginning, but then turn inactive.
I said teams of 4 - 8. One country could have 3 teams of 4 if it really wanted. And as they can play matches of 2v2 - 8v8, only small numbers of players are actually needed. I can see no reason why it wouldn't work out. Also it provides an opportunity for more people to take part if the larger countries can make several teams.

You say SWRC is too inactive for it, but its because we aren't regularly doing events and tournaments anymore that the game is becoming more and more inactive. People are losing interest because there's no longer much going on.

It's also a way of letting people enjoy the game while its still got this amount of activity. Soon there will be no way you could have an event like this so i say so it while we can.
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

I like the idea. By the way:
Hidden content:
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Dc-17 wrote:Image[/spoiler]
Make Blackstar active again. :P
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
Acer
Veteran
Veteran
LoL Name: AcerXtreme

Post by Acer »

I also like the idea! :-)

Russia FTW.
Zarbon + Boost + Me !
ReboosT
Kappa Sergeant
Kappa Sergeant

Post by ReboosT »

i will come active for it !
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

UK.
Have a few players...

]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander

Post by Aphex »

I think before each round the team who's choice of map it is will also be able to select if they want to play on WarPack6 or Retail mode as well. This will add another element to the competition, and hopefully make it a more open competition!

Please let me know your views on this, im sure some people will not want this and others will. I just think it would be restricting to not consider the use of this patch. Especially with the new grenades and such which add a whole different element to Capture the Flag.
Hidden content:
Crimson
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: GGCrimson

Post by Crimson »

Dc-17 wrote:I like the idea. By the way:
Hidden content:
Lived in Switzerland for 6 years. I guess that allows me to sub? :D

The tournament sounds like a great idea though. :)
Hidden content:
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: my internet
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: so bad recently
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: if i had
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: just 1%
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: of ur net
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: i'd have -10 ping
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: + 100MB/s download
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: :/
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: ;D
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: jelly?
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: actually
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: YES

"I don't have any problems with Vanity, he often talks the truth." - Penguin, 2013

Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Aphex wrote:You say SWRC is too inactive for it, but its because we aren't regularly doing events and tournaments anymore that the game is becoming more and more inactive. People are losing interest because there's no longer much going on.

It's also a way of letting people enjoy the game while its still got this amount of activity. Soon there will be no way you could have an event like this so i say so it while we can.
Do not get me wrong, I like the idea and would take part. I just do not have much expectations for this to work, but you should surely try it.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander

Post by Aphex »

Crimson wrote:
Dc-17 wrote:I like the idea. By the way:
Hidden content:
Lived in Switzerland for 6 years. I guess that allows me to sub? :D
I think this would be allowed if you lived in another country for some time, it will also help the prospects of some countries making teams of their own. However once your assigned to a country there will be no crossing over. For example Crimson wouldn't be able to play for both Switzerland and Austria, but would have to be assigned to 1 team. Your team mates and subs are dependent on each 8 man team.

@Ironhide I can see why you have your doubts, but i believe we can structure this event to be successful if we plan it well enough. Sure it comes down to activity but there is no harm in giving it the best shot we can.
Hidden content:
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Really are there any countries that have a hope in hell vs France or Germany?

I won't play either, before u ask ;D.

Most BS you read all day^

Return to “WarZone”