Looking Back: Forza Motorsport 2

Moderator: News Report

Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Looking Back: Forza Motorsport 2

Post by Ridley »

We're in the middle of the summerhole right now, which basically means that there are not a whole lot of new games to talk about right now. This leads to me dusting off some games that I haven't played for a while and showing some old favourites some love. Now, This whole idea will be the basis of a new segment of articles that I'll publish over the next couple of weeks: "Looking back", a quick look back at some older, but still very enjoyable title. So, let's kick it off with "Forza Motorsport 2".
Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360) [2007]
The Forza series is probalby an unkown entity for most of you, since it's a franchise that appears exclusively on the Xbox and Xbox 360. Basically, it's Microsoft's answer to Sony's hugely popular and successful Gran Turismo series, which means it is a racing sim.
But don't let the word "simulation" scare you away. Forza Motorsport 2 is actually much more accessible than you might think, with a ton of helps and cruches that are designed to make the game enjoyable for even the most casual racing fans.
Ideal lines, traction controll, extra car stability, eased AI drivers and the ability to turn off real time damage are only some of those ways that help to make Forza 2 the perfect blend between Arcade and Sim racing.
The game features a wide selection of cars. Old Jaguars ...
What's just brilliant about this game, is it's vast and amazingly big lineup of cars. No matter if it's slow, fast, old, new, ordinary or exotic: Forza 2 got the lot, from a 1970 Porsche 917 to a 2005 Vauxhall Astra. And the ebst thing about it: All cars are upgradable in just a crazy amounts of ways. Turbos, new engine blocks, clutches, fuel pumps, tyres, breaks, suspeansion and even the paintjob can be completely customized and tweaked to your liking to ensure that you get the most out of your multi horse-power machine.
And those changes are not some generic number-tweaking, they actually affect the way your car handles and feels in a very big way. Stiffening up your suspension will realistically result in more understeer, while adding a supercharger will naturally make your car a lot more harder to controll. It's incerdibly deep.
The game-design is another strong point of Forza 2, because there is always something new to do for you. The deep career mode gives you a variety of different race events to choose from, each with their own requirements and special rules. You won't even have to buy new cars, since after every event you complete you are being awarded with a brand new machine and a set of coins, with which you can then in turn make it even stronger.
Unfortunately, since Forza 3 is already out and Forza 4 is emerging on the horizon, the otherwise incredible online component of Forza 2 finds itself in a lack of players that actually still invest in it. Still, you might be lucky and find one or two fellow players online.
... and shiny new Ferraris
Even four years after it's release, Forza 2 still is an incredibly fun game to play and will suck you in again in no-time. Sure, the graphics show their age and you might be thinking about picking up Forza 3 if you're already at it, but with the price of a used copy being at under 10€, anybody who owns an Xbox 360 and likes playing racing games from time to time can't go wrong by picking up Forza Motorsport 2. I dusted it off and started playing it again just about 1 week ago and I can fully recommend it!
Verdict:

Burn it!
Leave it!
Try it!

-- Play it! --
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Re: Looking Back: Forza Motorsport 2

Post by Barcode »

I play this still its a great game.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Well I didnt even play the game but it sounds really fun to play. A deep carrer is a must have for a racing game at the moment, though. Also for this kind of game which is Xbox exlusive I can't judge the gameplay because I never have played any racing sim on a console so far. As I know from Racings sims like Grid, Dirt & other famous series they are easier on a gamepad.

Also nice written review bro! What will be the next title you are going to write about?
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

TheSold3y wrote:What will be the next title you are going to write about?
I'm pending between Half Life and RepCom right now^^
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

You should do both at some point.

I am going to be writing alot of reviews on old Xbox games soon when we are finished with getting our activity sorted. It would be nice to use some of your review on old games to help me out.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Capgun
STEAM: MrCapgun
XBOX Gamertag: Confusiate
LoL Name: MrCapgun

Post by Capgun »

I used to have Forza 2.It was awesome.Now I play ForzaMotorsports3.The best part is TAG(VirUs).If you play xbox invite my gt.Hawkeye490 :fuuu:
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Thanks for the review Ridley! I guess I will try this game asap.
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.
VAsH wrote:[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader
XBOX Gamertag: Firetrap900

Post by Firetrap900 »

i enjoyed the graphics in forza but for me the gameplay lacks compared to awesomness of gran turismo. forza gives you good cars like as if they were candy sweets in grand turismo you really have to earn them buy saving up your hard earned dow. much better imo.

Return to “Reviews / Previews”