Chuck

Moderator: News Report

Shape
STEAM: myownlabyrinth

Chuck

Post by Shape »

First review of a new series, containing movie and tv-series reviews.
I'm gonna start with the NBC tv-series CHUCK.

What to tell about CHUCK?

In this comedy tv-series from NBC, a normal guy, Charles ‘Chuck’ Bartowski [Zachary Levi], who is working in the ‘Nerd Herd’ at the Burbank Buy More, gets a program, called ‘Intersect’, with all secrets of the U.S. By seeing many different pictures from the Intersect, he gets all this secrets embedded in his brain.
Both, the CIA and the NSA, want to use this information, so Chuck gets two agents to protect and observe him: CIA-Agent Sarah Walker [portrayed by super-sexy Yvonne Strahovski] and NSA-Agent John Casey [Adam Baldwin].
With the Intersect in his head, Chuck has some really helpful ‘flashes’ by solving different cases.
Chuck now has to live between his ‘normal life’, always by his side: His best friend Morgan Grimes [Joshua Gomez], and the ‘agent-stuff’.

That was a really short summary of the main plot from CHUCK.
So, but what else is so awesome about it?

First, the cast is just great. Zachary Levi is really congenial and fits perfectly in the character of ‘Chuck’. He knows how to portray this computer nerd and has also really great acting moments in the series.

But Zachary Levi is not the only great part. Look at Yvonne Strahovski as the difficult Sarah Walker, Adam Baldwin as the kick-ass John Casey or Joshua Gomez as the funny-crazy friend Morgan.
And this is just the main cast; even the supporting cast is great!
Sarah Lancaster as Ellie, Chuck’s sister, who is married with Devon alias Captain Awesome [Ryan McPartlin], who is just awesome as well! Jeff [Scott Krinsky] and Lester [Vik Sahay].
Apropos Jeff and Lester alias Jeffster. You'll enjoy really funny moments with these two guys. To get a little impression, enjoy the winning Jeffster!

Another really positive aspect is the evolution of the story itself. It is really likeable to see how the different story-lines are developing. For example the relationship between Chuck and Sarah: really complicated, the friendship between Chuck and Morgan: just funny moments and of course Chuck’s own development. But I didn’t want to spoil too much.
Be sure that the writers always will surprise you and present a lot of funny moments to laugh about.

The music and the visual effects are quite nice too. You already took a lookat Jeffster. But the original score's awesome too. There are some composers like Tim Jones [composed tracks for season 3].
Just want to show you the heroic theme ‘The Dark Side’. In my opinion it’s AWESOME!

Great, right? But let me say: It’s even better to listen to it with the visuals!
To say something about the editing and the cinematography:
The stunts are well photographed. You never get the impression that the budget is limited, which would suck hard. There are some really awesome sequences, which leads me to the editing too. You can do amazing cinematography, but if the editing sucks, the whole sequence sucks. To get a little impression, look here:

All in all you definitely should take a look on NBC’s CHUCK. I am sure: Watch two or three episodes and you can’t wait for the next episode to see. You just want to know how ‘Team Chuck’ will improve in this story and: This tv-series is never boring!

Hope you enjoyed it.

Shape

You find all important information to CHUCK and nice extras here!
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Chuck

Post by Penguin »

Nice review, winning program :>

Most BS you read all day^
Shape

Post by Shape »

Thanks honey :> :D
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

I know this series and it is really, really awesome! I like Gary Sinise with his role, lol. Really nice review!
Aytsef
Omicron Sergeant Major
Omicron Sergeant Major
STEAM: Aytsef
LoL Name: Aytsef

Post by Aytsef »

LOL I like the serie and I like the review. nice job man but why did I know this would be your first rev? :P
]-TeamXtreme-[Aytsef{KappaSecondLieutenant}
Thanks for the awesome sig Graphiix :D
Hidden content:
Freshy
LoL Manager
LoL Manager

Post by Freshy »

Nice review Shape. :wink:
Enjoyed reading :P
Pacio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pacio »

I like this serie so much, I'm waiting for the 4th season in italian lol... too lazy to watch the english one D:
Nice review, Shape!
RTG COUNTER: 113
Hidden content:
Epic moments with epic team mates!

]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: and btw
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: tea is not that great all in all.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: now you've crossed the line
---------------------------------
]-TX-[»ApFeL: u like that expression
]-TX-[»ApFeL: seriously
]-TX-[»ApFeL: gtfo
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: srsly
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: gtfo
Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.
NOW DANCE, FUCKER, DANCE!
Shape

Post by Shape »

:D Just to say u: Season 4 is AWESOME! :D
Waiting for Season 5!
Thanks dude :> <3

Return to “Reviews / Previews”