Saboteur review

Moderator: News Report

Shape
STEAM: myownlabyrinth

Saboteur review

Post by Shape »

Today I present you my first game review and I did not choose Republic Commando but SABOTEUR by Pandemic Studios.

**Spoiler Alert**
If you don't want to know anything about the story please skip this part!
Hidden content:
SABOTEUR is a videogame set in France [German-occupied] during World War II. We follow an Irish mechanic called Sean Devlin, who’s a full-hearted racing fan.

In 1940 at the Saarbrücken Grand Prix the german Kurt Dierker cheated cause him to lose an important race. Still in rage he and his best friend Jules Rousseau want to take revenge and sabotage the ‘winning-car’ of Dierker. After being captured Dierker killed Jules. ‘Lucky Sean’ escapes and moves to Paris, from now on searching Kurt Dierker to kill him.

In Paris he gets recruited by the French Resistance and the British SOE to fight the germans, but this is just the background story. The main plot is about Sean-Dierker-Jules.

7/10

**Spoiler End**

Gameplay

The gameplay reminded me of the GTA series, You play in a 3rd person view and the gameplay is really simple. You run through Paris, have to complete missions to continue with the main plot and if you don’t want to play the story-line, you could also play some other tasks for a while, like cleaning up areas with a high-nazi-rate. A negative aspect is that you always have to repeat the same tasks and with time it’s getting really boring to keep destroying the same buildings to ‘clean up’ an area.

What’s different to GTA is for example that Sean’s able to climb buildings, which is really helpful to avoid a fight vs. many opponents, you just can camp on one building and they can’t kill you that easy. Also it makes you really flexible and you can get away really fast.

If you play every single mission it’s getting boring too. It’s only: Drive there, shoot that guy, get invisible, drive back. A really positive aspect is that you have a really huge map, which has a lot of cool places and the length of the singleplayer has similarities to the Assassin’s Creed series. You just can go everywhere and kill Nazis all the time. I like that I get to enjoy the whole game for more than just 3 hours [like some Call of Duty singleplayer-campaigns].
The gameplay is limited fun, it’s no game to play all day long, eventhough the story has potential to fullfill this.

7/10

Graphics

Now I come to THE positive aspect of SABOTEUR: the graphics. I kinda bought the game because it’s cover. I really liked it and normally the ‘decision’ just because a cover fails, but not this time. I got exactly what I wanted.

If you like the movie SIN CITY, you’ll like some parts of SABOTEUR too. Areas with lots of german activity are shown in black-white with some colors like red, color of blood or yellow. As said before you have to clean up those areas and once you’ve done this the color’s coming back to that areas, a really good idea, it’s a great atmosphere. The normal look is not that great, just a little bit boring in comparison to the Sin City stuff. These two styles are side by side and you can run from one color-area in a black-white-area.
Also the look’s really like a comic, I liked the style and this look is a really positive aspect of SABOTEUR.

8/10

To get a little impression on the game watch this video:

All in all I enjoyed playing SABOTEUR. Well, there are a few negative aspects, like repeating elements, but the graphics and sound design are great, the story and the gameplay are good. The map and the length of the singleplayer are huge, which is awesome! If you like 3rd person video-games like GTA you definitely should take a look at this game. I can fully recommend it to you guys!

Result: 7/10

Hope you enjoyed it.

Shape
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Saboteur

Post by Penguin »

Nice review :cuinlove:

Most BS you read all day^
Drugy
Former Member
Former Member

Re: Saboteur review

Post by Drugy »

Ye. Very good Job I enyoed Reading it.
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: btw
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: how do i move people on ts?
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: to another channel??
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Drugz™: LOL

Proud Co-Leader of ZoomBlast appreciation society!
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Re: Saboteur review

Post by TheSold3y »

Added a banner. Really Nice review man!

Return to “Reviews / Previews”