Power supply for my pc

Don't know what fits for you? Request a purchase advice from the TX hardware supporters!

Moderator: hife

Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Power supply for my pc

Post by Žarbon »

Hello guys,

I just wanted to ask whether this power supply fits to my PC

be quiet! System Power 7 300W ATX 2.31

http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/be-q ... 71337.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my pc specs:

Mainboard : Abit IP35P (Intel P35+ICH9)
Chipsatz : Intel P31/P35
cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2666 MHz
RAM :4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM)
videocard : NVIDIA GeForce gt 630
DVD: Toshiba-Samsung CDDVDW SH-S223C

My current power supply 700 Watt Xilence SPS-XP700 Silent is fucking annoying loud and disturbs me while I'm learning...

Or could you recommend me another better power supply which is more quiet than the bequiet power supply?
Last edited by Žarbon on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Du brauchst kein teamwork.
[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Du brauchst ne shotty und ne dunkle ecke.
[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Das ist alles.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Power supply for my pc

Post by Penguin »

*nods head in slight approval*

But it'd be very close get a 400w at least, it'll be quieter if you get a larger PSU as it doesn't have to work as hard. The reason your xilence is loud is because it's a bag of trash and likely to explode into 4000 pieces at any moment

Most BS you read all day^
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

You don't need 700W....

If you want really good quality, effectiveness and a silent power supply, I'd clearly recommend a Seasonic G-Series power supply.

http://geizhals.de/sea-sonic-g-series-g ... 30685.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to save money, go for the M12II EVO series:

http://geizhals.de/sea-sonic-m12ii-520- ... 97136.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though I'd clearly recommend paying the little extra money to get the G-series.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

Im not a pro in this area but I thought the less watt there are the more the psu will be quiet?

and isnt the bequiet fame or having very quiet products???

Well I would pay max. 40 €

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

"System power" series are the worst be quiet products. But since the good "Straight Power" series are as expensive as the Seasonics, I wouldn't go for them.

You don't have to buy a PSU anymore with buying a good one.... this is not a part of your PC you will change from time to time. Since you pay just one time for this, don't "save" this little step in between.... it's just 35€ extra.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Žarbon wrote:Im not a pro in this area but I thought the less watt there are the more the psu will be quiet?

and isnt the bequiet fame or having very quiet products???

Well I would pay max. 40 €
Heat causes noise (as the psu fan tries to remove the heat from the psu). A good quality higher watt PSU will run quieter because it is not using as much of its power, if you understand what I mean.

For your PC and needs, I would certainly not be spending 75 euro on a 450w PSU and I have no idea why Vash would recommend this for you. Without offence intended your PC is not remotely high spec. I barely paid that for my 750w modular... which runs one of the most power hungry video cards ever made with room to spare and is 4 years old.

For your requirements, this 29 euro PSU would be fine I have had one running a more powerful system for over a year now. It is a reliable PSU from a quality brand. http://geizhals.de/antec-vp400pc-076134 ... 18474.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a review of the 450 version: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ ... ew/1487/11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I would prefer for that machine to spend 29 and put the rest towards beer. Anything at or above 400w from a major brand like Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Superflower etc. will suffice.

Most BS you read all day^
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

Penguin wrote: Without offence intended your PC is not remotely high spec. I barely paid that for my 750w modular... which runs one of the most power hungry video cards ever made with room to spare and is 4 years old.
Yes, it isn't more gaming pc. In 2008 I bought the pc with the first gtx 200 series namely gtx 280 but the videocard got broken after 3 years and this was the time when I got more and more bored playing games, so since then I'm using the PC like an office PC.

I want really just to have an office pc, a really quiet one. For gaming I will buy someday a PS4.

Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

Guys, thank you for your advices, I greatly appreciate that.

But I decided for the bequiet company. Not the one I showed you ("be quiet! System Power 7 300W ATX 2.31").

It is the PURE POWER L8 | 300W. Why I decided for this psu is because it was released last year and I got convinced by so many fucking positive reviews/awards.
And the price is 36€.

Check out the number of positive reviews in the review area. "dozens" of them are there.

http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Penguin wrote:For your PC and needs, I would certainly not be spending 75 euro on a 450w PSU and I have no idea why Vash would recommend this for you. Without offence intended your PC is not remotely high spec. I barely paid that for my 750w modular... which runs one of the most power hungry video cards ever made with room to spare and is 4 years old.
The higher a PSU is under the load, the more efficient it will work. That's why having highly overpowered PSU's is nonsense. You only need more than 500W for multi GPU configurations.

That's why I would try to run a PSU at like 80-90% if possible.

Since I removed all the HDDs off my PC only keeping the SSD, my 700W Enermax is extremely overpowered as well. 450W would be perfect.

@ Zarbon
I don't like Bequiet because we made bad experiences with them. I've seen so many dead Bequiet PSU's.... they say they improved with the latest series, maybe that's the truth, but they managed to lose my trust and that's why I usually don't recommend them.
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

Btw I installed the bequiet psu. And finally...it is quieter in my room.

Next problem -> the noise of the standard CPU Fan of intel, gosh. :yuno:

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

http://geizhals.de/ekl-alpenfoehn-gross ... 72105.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

Thank you! :))

Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

what about the new cpu cooler alpenföhn Brocken eco(8-24 dba) or bequiet shadow rock slim (11,5-23,7 dba) ? Which of them 3, including groß clockner rev c (average dba of 17), is better? The dba has to be very low. I want to get the most quiet cpu cooler. Its very important for me for studying.

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Shadow Rock Slim is really silent and quite cheap.
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

has my mainboard a pwm port?

http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/abit ... 40667.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Purchase Advice”