PC upgrading

Don't know what fits for you? Request a purchase advice from the TX hardware supporters!

Moderator: hife

Raksha
CC Advisor - Veteran
CC Advisor - Veteran

PC upgrading

Post by Raksha »

Hey there everyone

I think about an upgrade for my PC. I got pretty outdated components which should get a replacement.

My components are:

RAM: 4GB-Kit Corsair Twin3X4096-1333C9A DDR3, CL9
Motherboard: ASRock P55 Pro, Sockel 1156, ATX
GPU: ASUS EAH5770 CuCore/2DI/1GD5, Radeon HD 5770, 1GB, PCI-Express
CPU: Intel Core i5-750 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156
power supply: Tagan TG600-U33II SuperRock, 600 Watt

I would like to exchange GPU, CPU, the Motherboard (if i need a new one for the components) and update the RAM.

I think I can keep the power supply since 600W should be sufficient for the parts.
My price range is around 600-700€
Any suggestions for components?

Thanks a lot and merry christmas!

~Raksha
~ Veteran ~
sense of life: Nobody knows what it is. But It has no sense being the richest man on the graveyard
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: PC upgrading

Post by Vash »

Hey Raksha, how are you? I think I made your old config when I remember it correct. Now I can do it again :wink:

Here is my recommended config:

CPU:
http://geizhals.de/intel-core-i5-4590-b ... 50219.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mobo:
http://geizhals.de/asrock-z97-pro4-90-m ... 08614.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RAM:
http://geizhals.de/crucial-ballistix-sp ... 39120.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GPU:
http://geizhals.de/zotac-geforce-gtx-97 ... 67955.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With this config, you can play all games on highest settings and you have some backup for upcoming releases.

If your budget allows it, I would strongly recommend getting a SSD as system drive. You will love it! I would recommend you Crucial MX100 series. They are good quality, fast and cheap. Depending on your budget, you can choose 128GB, 256GB or 512GB: http://geizhals.de/?cat=hdssd&asd=on&as ... al%20mx100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And yes, you can keep your PSU. Tagan was (unfortunately the company crashed :( ) a nice brand and 600W is more than enough!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Raksha
CC Advisor - Veteran
CC Advisor - Veteran

Post by Raksha »

Hey Vash. You are right, you made my old config about 4-5 years ago. And again you provide me with fast and high quality help :up:

Thanks for your recommended config. I will use the mentioned parts.
Will there be any difficulties with the operating system when I use a SSD as system drive and my hard disc whcih is in use atm as additional storage?
~ Veteran ~
sense of life: Nobody knows what it is. But It has no sense being the richest man on the graveyard
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Raksha wrote:And again you provide me with fast and high quality help :up:
You're always welcome. :-)
Raksha wrote:Will there be any difficulties with the operating system when I use a SSD as system drive and my hard disc whcih is in use atm as additional storage?
Nope, that's what most of people do. :-)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Raksha
CC Advisor - Veteran
CC Advisor - Veteran

Post by Raksha »

Hey there

I got all parts and exchanged the ones of the PC. All parts are connected correctly. (No SSD due to budget)

When I start the PC I get a message that the booting assistant will open due to hardware changes. The assistant searches system errors which it does not find and reboots the pc. When I start windows normally, I see the starting screen of the motherboard and then a short bluescreen and the pc reboots giving me the option of booting with the boot assistant or booting normally.
Then the described process repeats.
What did I do or not do? Is is fixable or should I just make a backup of my hard disc and reinstall the operating system?
~ Veteran ~
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Of course you should reinstall your Windows! The hardware change is across of several generations and that's why it's not working correctly.

Just make a clean install. :-)
Raksha
CC Advisor - Veteran
CC Advisor - Veteran

Post by Raksha »

Alright. I already spent half the day making a backup of my data.
Hopefully I can find the windows key :D
~ Veteran ~
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

You can recover your key for free with Magical Jellybean (yes thats the actual name)

Most BS you read all day^
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

He is unable to boot. How can he run the tool?
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Sometimes the Windows key is written with the serial number (on the bar code) of your old PC if Windows was pre-installed on it.
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Vash wrote:He is unable to boot. How can he run the tool?

Booting not required, he can use a Linux live disk to retrieve ~\Windows\System32\config

Most BS you read all day^

Return to “Purchase Advice”