Moderator: BFBC2 Moderators

1eShit
TX Judge - RC Staff Sergeant
TX Judge - RC Staff Sergeant
STEAM: 1eshit

xFire - Important For Applicants

Post by 1eShit »

Hey,

xFire is the common ingame browers, and way of communication (besides the forum) for TX members. Now that you apply for TeamXtreme, you need to download it if you want to join. If you are new to xfire, there are some important points which you should know.

• Where can I get xFire and does it cost money?

xFire is for free, you can download it here: http://www.xfire.com/

• Why does my xFire not work ingame in BFBC2?

If you want to use xFire ingame in BFBC2, there's a thing you need to fix, how to do that is explained in the spoiler:
Hidden content:
1. Open your xFire main window:

2. Go to the "Extras" tab at the top of your xFire window:

3. Afterwards choose "Options" to continue:

4. Now that you opened the Options window hit up the "Games" tab in the right corner:

5. In the last step, chose at the left side of the window "Battlefield Bad Company 2", and at the right side change the "In-Game Renderer" to "D3D10":

6. Now hit "Ok" and it should work!
• How do I take screenshots with xFire, and how do I post them here?

How to take screenshots via xFire ingame is explained in the following spoiler:
Hidden content:
1. First of all you have to bind a key for taking the screenshots later, for doing that, open your xFire main window:

2. Go to the "Extras" tab at the top of your xFire window:

3. Afterwards choose "Options" to continue:

4. Now that you opened the Options window hit up the "xFire In-Game" tab:

5. Now you have to bind a key which will be used to take screenshots ingame. I used the "Print" key for that:

6. Last but not least hit "Ok". Now you can take screenshots ingame.
How to upload screenshots via xFire, and publish them here on the forum is describes in this spoiler:
Hidden content:
1. Take a screenshot ingame by pressing the key you binded for that ("Print" in my case) » You'll recognize that you took a screen by the camera sound which will appear

2. After closing the game, a window will appear in which you have to put a check. Put it where you want it to be (Upload | Delete | Uncheck to keep but not upload it)

3. After hitting "Ok" your screenshots will be uploaded on your xFire account. In order to post them here, follow the next steps: open your xFire main window again, and click on the camera at the left side:

4. Afterwards make sure to close the "Local Screenshots" folder, because these are the files which are on your harddrive and therefore not uploaded. If you closed it, the "Remote Screenshots" folder will appear, these are the screenshots which are uploaded on your xfire account. Double-click on a file to open your screenshot on your xFire account:

5. Now that you double-clicked the screenshot, your xFire account with the screenshot will open. When that happened, change the size of the screen to "Natural":

6. Now that you've done all this, copy the "BBCode":

7. Your last step is to post your screenshot(s) in the forum. Therefore, enter your copied BBCode in a post, and post it. Now you're done.

Keep in mind that you have to chose every screenshot from your xfire main window, and NOT by moving with the arrows on your xfire account!

I hope this tutorial gave you a little overview on the screenshot features of xFire.
If you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Regards,
~1eShit
.............]-TX-[•»1eSh¡t.­™{StSgt}............
Hidden content:
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: Im jelly
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: and mad
]-TX-[Penguin{OmCpt}: i suck#
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: gah i suck
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: /retarded me
]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: Me dumb
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: IM SO DUMB
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: ofc i am gay
]-TX-[•PengusQ3{DivCom}: damn im dumb

Return to “Join Battlefield: Bad Company 2”