Cheaters on RC

About the TeamXtreme Game Servers.
rgc

Cheaters on RC

Post by rgc »

Can anything be done about the people who use the throwweapon cheat on RC CTF so they can shoot while holding the flag?
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Re: Cheaters on RC

Post by SAMO »

Wich server? TX servers have a protection against these kind of cheats.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Yeah, solution is not to play on BS servers.

Most BS you read all day^
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Actually he is right. If I remember well the protection avoid people to abuse of the 'throwweapon' in order to avoid server crashes but you can still use it once without getting kicked immediately. I don't think this protection was set up to prevent the flag cheat.

I'm not sure about this, but I believe that it's pretty hard to ban the 'throwweapon' because you couldn't throw and pick up an other weapon then, that's why you need it.
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Judge wrote:I'm not sure about this, but I believe that it's pretty hard to ban the 'throwweapon' because you couldn't throw and pick up an other weapon then, that's why you need it.
It's already too much time ago where we implemented our cheat protections on our public servers. But as far as I remember it only kicks you if you _ABUSE_ 'throwweapon', not if you use it normally. So only if you do it very fast etc.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
rgc

Post by rgc »

Can you do something about people using it to cheat? All they have to do is type in throwweapon and they're able to shoot while holding the flag. In fact, I think it hides the fact that they're holding the flag so you don't even know who to go after. The same few people use it and whenever they join the entire server begins to suffer.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

rgc wrote:Can you do something about people using it to cheat? All they have to do is type in throwweapon and they're able to shoot while holding the flag. In fact, I think it hides the fact that they're holding the flag so you don't even know who to go after. The same few people use it and whenever they join the entire server begins to suffer.
No, sorry. That's simply called "bug abusing". It's a bug of the game that you can shoot while holding the flag... we can't fix that.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
rgc

Post by rgc »

I'm guessing they can't be banned either...One thing I always disliked about RC is how it offers no way for players to deal with cheaters like on Battlefront.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Well, admins can ban them.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

I always ban them.

Unfortunately the majority of people who do this are the idiots such as JB who can get around the admin system in SWRC.

Feel free to add me on xfire and message me when i'm online however. My xfire is on the left.

I know it's gay but you'll get used to it, a lot of us have lived with this bug for well over 5 years now.

Most BS you read all day^
Atti.
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Atti. »

Yes the most of these cheaters arent very skilled so its easy to kill them :xD:.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Atti. wrote:Yes the most of these cheaters arent very skilled so its easy to kill them :xD:.
JB isn't that bad though... Sadly he doesn't even realize how stupid he is.
Atti.
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Atti. »

SAMO wrote:
Atti. wrote:Yes the most of these cheaters arent very skilled so its easy to kill them :xD:.
JB isn't that bad though... Sadly he doesn't even realize how stupid he is.
True.
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Post by Aphex »

Yeah well you can't just remove throwweapon as because there are times when you actually need it; occasionally you get weapon bugs which prevent you from shooting etc.

As was mentioned, if your experiencing foul play on one of the servers just contact one of us on xfire and we will try to deal with the situation.
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:
Liquid_Silk

Post by Liquid_Silk »

Earlier today, someone on the TX TDM server was able to team kill with grenades, I think his name was SilentKiller, he had -180 points...

Return to “Our Game Servers”