Veteran
Veteran
STEAM: Milouexotic
BATTLE.NET: Graphiix
XBOX Gamertag: Nexo Graphx
LoL Name: Graphiix

A laptop

Post by Graphiix »

Guys, last time I told you about a nice computer ( a fix one ) but I don`t think that`s my type of computer, you know?

Even if Vash sent me some nice ( rly nice ) computers! I think I rly want a " laptop " you know? I don`t think if it`s the good word to this...

I spoke a lot with a friend and he said me that some Dell or AlienWare are nice!

But for a computer, I`m gonna search something like Dell or HP because I can buy it in a Shop or something, maybe you`ll understand this I prefer to see the computer by my eyes, in reality but if you find some nice one on internet, then I could search for a shop in my country and find the one you told me it would be rly nice!

For the price, something between 700€ and 940€, I hope I`m not that idiot...
About the computer, something that can rune easily, some games ( minimum/least Crysis 1 ) that would be nice.
„ « TeamXtreme
Wikkid » “
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: A laptop

Post by Vash »

You have to pay like 800 - 1000 EUR for a very good desktop gaming computer. For a laptop, with comparable performance, we talk about 2000 to 3000 EUR. Do you see what I mean?

As a gamer it is just silly and idiotic to buy a laptop, unless you're travelling around the world with it...

Anyways, I recommend you to go in a local computer store and ask for a custom configuration. You say what you want and they will build it for you! In this way, you decide how your computer will look like, what the specs are and how much you're going to pay for it. We can help you with the single parts. Then you just go there with a list and they'll build it for you.

Way better than those ugly "prebuilt" computers from HP/DELL/ACER etc.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Graphiix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Graphiix »

Well, I don`t want to play super games, but a good one.

I mostly play League Of Legends which doesn`t have an important quality and maybe something which can accept the incoming games; BF3 & MW3.

Do you think a laptop for gaming is to much expensive for what it is?
„ « TeamXtreme
Wikkid » “
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Graphiix wrote:Do you think a laptop for gaming is to much expensive for what it is?
Yes. A "better" laptop, around 1000 - 1300 EUR, is able to run a few older 3D games. But in latest games you would have to lower down the graphics to a minimum to run them without laggs. And a title like BF3 on lowest possible graphics looks like a piece of shit.

Seriously, go into a local store and get a custom-built computer and have fun with maximum graphics quality!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Graphiix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Graphiix »

Yeah but I`m really bad about computer builds, and I don`t know anybody to make me one for a price like 800€... :slash: could you tell me something simple to do?
„ « TeamXtreme
Wikkid » “
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Do you even read my posts?

Look for a computer store which is close to you. Ask if they build custom PCs. If yes, I give you a list which will be about 800 EUR, you go there and say "I want this!".

Normally the building itself incl. warranty etc. costs usually around 70 - 100 EUR.

Here is my suggestion:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 boxed
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE R.3.0
Video card: SAPPHIRE HD6950 DIRT3 Edition
HDD: Samsung HD103SJ 1 TB
ODD: LG GH-22NS
Case: Chieftec BM-01B
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-500CXV2

Graphiix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Graphiix »

I'm gonna see for this type for materials, and I hope I`ll have this soon!
„ « TeamXtreme
Wikkid » “
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

+10€ if you need 2TB instead of 1TB, I'd suggest to do that.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Ironhide wrote:+10€ if you need 2TB instead of 1TB, I'd suggest to do that.
No. Cheap 2TB drives are way too slow as main system HDDs. 1TB is fine.
Graphiix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Graphiix »

I don`t even understand what you're speaking about but, I`m gonna do what Vash said...

No offense, Iron` ^^'
„ « TeamXtreme
Wikkid » “
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Vash wrote:
Ironhide wrote:+10€ if you need 2TB instead of 1TB, I'd suggest to do that.
No. Cheap 2TB drives are way too slow as main system HDDs. 1TB is fine.
They are fast enough for a normal user.

Samsung's 1TB HDD could write 91 MB/s during a HD Tune test (average), their 2TB drive has an average of 85 MB/s. Maximum performance for a few seconds had a difference of 35 MB/s, which is way more, but when you copy large files the average speed is more important. And when you copy small files it does not matter wether the song will be copied in 0.2 or 0.17 seconds.

I'd prefer having +1000GB for 10€ instead of copying files 20 minutes faster a month. That's more important in my opinion, if 1TB are enough for him he should get it, but if not it's just smarter than buying 1TB now and noticing that you need to buy another HDD in a couple of weeks. Saves time and money.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

I'm talking about the response time. For example: HD204UI 2TB vs. HD103SJ 1TB:

System boots alot faster, programs react alot faster etc. I've seen both live in action and I know what I am talking about. A slow 2TB drive is NOT recommended as system HDD drive.

Return to “General”