Keybinds and YOU.

About StarCraft II

Moderator: SC2 Moderators

Xana
STEAM: Xana
BATTLE.NET: Xana

Keybinds and YOU.

Post by Xana »

Alright, finally today I found the thing I needed to never forget a regular injection as zerg. We all know about macro's being illegal, to some extent.
We also know that not all hotkeys in SC2 can be revamped, hence why some keyboards are special made for SC2 play. However...
What I found was "KeyTweak." Wich basically lets you re-mod your keyboard's and mouse keys in any way you would like. What this means for me is quite simple.

I have remodded my "F" keys in the following way:
F1: V.
F2: Shift.
F3: Backspace.

So injection basically gets done by holding the F1+F2 down, hitting F3 the amount of times you have hatheries, and clicking the middle of your screen. Best thing is, its COMPLETELY LEGAL. Also, checking your hatheries progress becomes quite easy. At least for the ones of us with regular keyboards. ( =( )
While I am pretty sure there's other goodies this nifty little program can be used for, I have yet to toy playing around with it.
Irony

Re: Keybinds and YOU.

Post by Irony »

Or you can just replace it to the spacebar and use grid, it's almost the same. shift - X - Spacebar. :)

Edit: SC2 has customizable keys. So why use that program which you're saying?
Xana
STEAM: Xana
BATTLE.NET: Xana

Post by Xana »

Not all keys in SC2 can be remodded without changing the SC2 files, wich is considered illegal. Besides my keyboard won't normally let me keybind my F keys to anything, because they in windows have a standard 'special' function - like opening explorer. On top of that, I have a whole other set of keys above my F-keys that I can now use for different things aswell. ( Basically my buildings are laying on keys called"''1''" and "''2''" etc, where my 'combat' control groups are laying on the regular 1-2-3. I hope that makes sense?

- Using grid is a matter of preference to playstyle. I've gotten used to playing with the standard layout. With the specific keyboard that I have, it has been a blessing to my playstyle. Wich is why I'm sharing it :)
Irony

Post by Irony »

Alright, well anyway I play with both standard and grid, whatever is turned on when I play.
Shanks
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shanks »

For me it depends on which race I play... with protoss I prefer standard while I use Grid with Zerg and Terran...
Darken
STEAM: Skod
BATTLE.NET: Darken

Post by Darken »

I for one don't use spacebar, as it should be... but i tend to click on map were i get those "alerts"

I moved my backspace to spacebar... as simple as Irony changes...
do what you fell is best for you. but at least try the things out, some might improve your play...

I intent to use F2-F4 to lock map positions... grate way to allways have your chockes or ramps locked on F4.. so you can just press F4 to check your ramp..
Pestilenz

Post by Pestilenz »

I must say that i have absolutely no idea of what that "grid" thing is... (figured that it is something with the hotkeys and even if i someday figure it out i do not intend to shift my setup (my setup=<3).

I use the standard hotkeys for every race plus screen capture for ramps hatch/comm and nex. I find it very easy to just have all your queens in 1 group and then just screen capture the hatches.

I have thought about using the mouse buttons for something, but just can not figure out for what.. yet.
Bear

Post by Bear »

I talked to Xana about this matter, and I got some nice ideas from him.

Now I would like to hear from any of you tip top protoss players. How do you customize your hotkeys? any easier way to macro than just using the default hotkeys? Opinions and inspiration, thank you :D

Return to “StarCraft II”