A faster cheese?

About StarCraft II

Moderator: SC2 Moderators

Xana
STEAM: Xana
BATTLE.NET: Xana

A faster cheese?

Post by Xana »

The build is something I came up with, after pondering quite a bit upon the 11 pool build Zerg have been using slightly in the past, and mixing it up with the 3 RR. This build lets you pump out a lot of Zerglings on one base. To the point where it becomes next to impossible to defend. Especially in a ZvZ setup. Even though the build is something I came up with recently, I feel like this build might have quite some power.

The build goes:

10/10 Gas. ( Only send TWO drones into this gas after it completes! )
11/10 Pool.
10/10 Overlord.
26 Hatch.

Right as your pool finishes, you'll have exactly enough gas to get speed, and exactly enough minerals to also start your queen. From here, you simply spam speedlings and overlords. This works out well enough for you to have exactly enough minerals to keep pouring on lings and making ovies. Even so, you'll have extra minerals to start an expansion eventually. Notice: This build does not have to go all-in.
- You can opt to only mine 75 gas, and build a roach warren if you prefer. That is quite a powerful bust, but it won't be with speedlings.

- Pro's -
- Grants you absolute and total map control. There's no way something sneaky could be going on anywhere, if you're worth your salt at controlling your lings.
- Grants you a huge amount of larvae early, allowing you to quickly swap between making units and making drones.
- Gives you quite a tool for agression. You can have ten speedlings at the enemy ramp just around the time where the Cybercore finishes.
- Can be used with a few extra drones, to turn into a quite powerful baneling bust versus weak walloffs.
- Works insanely well in 2v2, where your partner is now free to do whatever he pleases. It was in this scenario I first took advantage of the build.
- CAN be turned into an all-in with a few banelings and all your drones.

- Cons -
Cuts quite a bit of economy. If he somehow manages to kill your lings, you're done for.

Uses:
- This build is effective on most maps, in all matchups. Matches with large ramps are especially favoring this kind of cheese. The Terran that doesn't go for more than one raxx opening, is very exposed to the early baneling bust.
- The Protoss that feels like getting out a stalker first, or fastexpands, will be ripped to shreds.
- The Zerg that goes with 14 gas / 14 pool or Hatch first is exposed aswell.

----------------------------------------------
Xana
STEAM: Xana
BATTLE.NET: Xana

Re: A faster cheese?

Post by Xana »

Tested the build, and approved! Now adding screens.

Return to “StarCraft II”