In memory of my brother

DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

In memory of my brother

Post by DC.LegenD »

Hey my friends,

I hope you are all well.

Some of you know, my little brother suddenly passed away last december.
He used to play RC yearssssss ago in a french clan (HOR) that some of you may know. He didn't play much, a majority of you don't know him, but still I found screenshots in which he made nice stats in DM, and some RTG. When we were talking about RC, he was often asking me "so what about Vash? Did you beat him in 1v1? and how are Samo and Judge doing?". He had a lot of respect for TX.

He was going to celebrate its 20th anniversary on 18 December 2018. He disappeared on the night from saturday to sunday 9 december 2018, at the exit of a nightclub. We found his body the day before his anniversary, on monday 17 december.
After this, my way of mourning was to come back to my origins (I played a few matches on RC in january), mostly in sport, spending hours running and cycling, and after a bet with some friends, I found myself registered to one of the biggest Trail-running competition in the world: la Diagonale des Fous (Grand Raid La Réunion). From there, everything went faster and I finally discovered trail-running in april, by participating to 2 competitions (respectively 70 km/3300D+ and 70 km/5000D+) which I respectively finish 38 out of 220 and 61 out of 180 (I had to do this to get the needed points to be allowed to run la Diag).
Last week-end, in preparation for la Diag, I finished my first ultra distance (115km/5000D+).... 3 out of 500 !!!
Next race is the Diag, on 12th October.

But that's not the reason I'm here. I would like to do something in memory of my little brother. He was going to go to Togo with his friend Nils, in order to make a film/report of living conditions, education, health... of young people living in remote villages in Togo.

In my own way, I would like, in his memory, to continue his project.
2 week ago, I started a charity pot, to raise funds which I'll fully give to the charity association with which Axel was planning to travel to Togo. Today, the kitty almost reached.... 600 euros ! And I really thank Judge for his participation. Some other old SWRC players also participated.
After discussion with my parents, we'll also give Axel's economies (~2000€) to the association.
I made a video to explain the project, and I putted some english subtitles (sorry for my approximate english...).
Every kind of participation is welcome... if you don't want/can't give some monney, do not hesitate to share the project, to talk about it with your family, friends...
The charity association is called AGERTO, and is based in Germany :alien:
The advantage is that we exactly know where our monney is going to go, no unnecessary expense, as Nils (the friend of my bro) is working since years with it, and goes to Togo many times a year.

Thank you for everything you'll do, for my bro, and for Togo.
// egenD

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBZRN-f8ykM&t=1s
Cagnotte: https://www.leetchi.com/c/la-diagonale-pour-le-togo
AGERTO: https://agerto.jimdo.com
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/victorguerdin/?hl=fr
Last edited by DC.LegenD on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Click for watching:
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Re: In memory of my brother

Post by Judge »

lol je repassais ici par hasard, je m'attendais absolument pas à trouver un message datant d'aujourd'hui

bonne chance avec ton projet :) en tout cas c'est une super initiative

hello guys :) haven't been here for a long time, was bored and found it fun to read old threads lol

i really encourage you to help victor with the project
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Thank you very much Judge :-)
Click for watching:
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

My deepest condolences. Is that you in the video?

Judge wrote:hello guys :) haven't been here for a long time, was bored and found it fun to read old threads lo
Me too. :cereal:

[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Du brauchst kein teamwork.
[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Du brauchst ne shotty und ne dunkle ecke.
[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Das ist alles.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Žarbon wrote:My deepest condolences. Is that you in the video?
Thank you Zarbon, and yes it's me
Click for watching:
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Hi guys, just to give you some news

Trailrunning "La diagonale des fous" is done, and I collected almost 2300€. With 2000€ of my little bro on his bank account, we'll give about 4500€ to Agerto which I'll manage with a friend of my little bro (Nils) to build a full new school in Togo.

It is still possible to give if you want to, even 5€ is a lot for Togo,

Thank you very much :up:

https://www.leetchi.com/c/la-diagonale-pour-le-togo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click for watching:
1StepClØser
Omicron Sergeant Major
Omicron Sergeant Major

Post by 1StepClØser »

Sincere condolences...
]-TX-[•»1eShit.™{Om1Lt}: Es gibt Leute
]-TX-[•»1eShit.™{Om1Lt}: die können nichts
]-TX-[•»1eShit.™{Om1Lt}: und du gehörst dazu
]-TX-[•»1eShit.™{Om1Lt}: :D
Pricey
Veteran
Veteran
STEAM: sinisterprice
XBOX Gamertag: MisterJPrice

Post by Pricey »

My condolences DC. <3
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Thank you guys <3
Thanks to donations, I sent more than 4700 euros to Togo 1 month ago, perfect timing because they had major issues with coronavirus...
people can still give if they want to, I'd love to reach 5k :cuinlove: :up:
Click for watching:
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

My condolences as well!

I like your effort and dedication to this project. I really wish you all the best and success with it. :up:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Bølty
Epsilon Private 1st Class
STEAM: Croissant
BATTLE.NET: none
XBOX Gamertag: none
LoL Name: none

Post by Bølty »

I remember when this tragedy happened... Feel sorry man. my dear condolences my friend. A very nice project indeed.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Thank you very much Vash and Bolty <3
Click for watching:
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Hey Legend, just a message from me to you to tell you I'm still around for us to finish our 1v1 tourney. :alien:
It's good to read that you're doing great and you're on your way to continue Guerdin's legacy.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

SAMO wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:50 pm Hey Legend, just a message from me to you to tell you I'm still around for us to finish our 1v1 tourney. :alien:
It's good to read that you're doing great and you're on your way to continue Guerdin's legacy.
Hey Samo thank you very much :cuinlove:
Yeah, still studying for final national contests and rankings in exactly 3 weeks :roll:. I only played a few games in march since we last played together one year ago... But after these contests I'll play a bit and yeah let's play our final 1on1 match :up:
Click for watching:
Bølty
STEAM: Croissant
BATTLE.NET: none
XBOX Gamertag: none
LoL Name: none

Post by Bølty »

i will need to give u guys 35 euro's to the winner :).

Return to “General Talk”