Newbi needs advice.

Randul

Newbi needs advice.

Post by Randul »

HI. I just started playing Republic commando and normaly play on Tx gamings public arenas. I normaly dont play FPS games, becuase i stink so badly that i cant get many kills in a online setting. So i tend to do only single player games and MMOs. I just hated being humiliated. Im tired of not liking FPS games, and hating them becuase of my lack of ability to master them. So im going to play this game online till i figure this stuff out.. There are so many good FPS out there, i want to try them and not be humiliated..

So fastforward to now, i have finished Republic commando and loved it. I have been trying to survive online and some sessions are better then others. Mostly i just suck badly and really need advice. I know that i cant stand still or ill get hit so i try to dodge as much as possible. I know i have to aim and hit with as few a misses as possible. My issue lies with combining dodging and aiming.

I find if i get into a close up fight, we both end up dodging back and forth, i end up trying to aim at his head and missing alot either to the left or right. Then inevitably one of a few things happen. Either i start getting hits and run out of ammo and die, i get a solid set of hits on him and win the fight, or i end up trying to aim more then dodge and end up dead. So what am i doing wrong. How do i get better at aiming and dodging. Just now, i was using the arc shotgun, and even with that at close range i cant seem to keep the aiming orb on the enemy, i cant belive i missed with a frigging shotgun. Its like my orb goes left then right, andi keep trying to hit them but im always shooting either to there left or right of there heads. Head shots are all that matter as i have learned, people die quicker with them.

Apparently the pistol is useless, as i have found out.

Im decent with grenades, seams i get most of my kills from them. I normaly try to help others with there kills, assist them. Tobad assists dont count on the score card.

Only one session on one map did i ever fall into a grove and start doing well. It was a outside desert map, and it took me about 20mins, but eventually i got the menace message twice. Which i know isnt the highest message that you can get, but for me its the best i have ever gotten on a public server in any FPS EVER. In those last 10mins killing seamed easy, and i would get 1-2 and sometimes 3 kills and lots of assists before geting fragged. I just cant seam to replicate that night. Tho i think there may have been more newbs on that night and i just happend to not suck.

YOu would think that since i start out with the basic laser rifle i would have a decent skill with it by now but i dont. Oddly the crazy thing seams to hit right of were you aim.. Like if i put the center of the aiming orb on a baddies head, the shots seam to go a little to the right. Tho i think that is a product of how the character holds the rifle.

So im sure some here have run into me, Randul is my Online name in that game. Any opinions and advice? Should i set the single player game to hard and just practice there for a bit? I dont think im making any progress online, things just seam so frantic sometimes in the arenas when there are 30+.

Thanks for reading my wall of text, I look forward to any assistance you can give.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Newbi needs advice.

Post by DC.LegenD »

Point and clik.
Click for watching:
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

Hey. I did have some of these problems in my younger days (6yrs or so ago) however. i feel that if you are really determined to get better anyone can improve. If you wish to play with some members of clans and other things i recomend Xfire. you can then ask players individually for tips on certain things.

The dodging and aim: yes it is hard to combine i see how it is difficult and yourself not being a player of FPS Republic commando is a very hard game to pick up. I would be happy to play with you at some point any time just to give you a few tips. This is the best clan in Swrc (well skill wise i beleive) so therefore you have come to the correct place but don't expect us to spoon feed you skill. You will be required to word very hard and train hard for this type of skill to come to you. If you are up to do that i see no problem.

My Xfire: 066com.
Randul wrote:i was using the arc shotgun, and even with that at close range i cant seem to keep the aiming orb on the enemy, i cant belive i missed with a frigging shotgun.
Ask Pacio he knows too much about the use of acp shotgun in game hehe.
Randul wrote:Apparently the pistol is useless, as i have found out.
No. nothing in that game is useless exept for noob weps.

Goodluck i hope this helped if not just ask.

Legend. always you. Be nice to him thats why i acctually tired to help.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
1eShit
TX Judge - RC Staff Sergeant
STEAM: 1eshit

Post by 1eShit »

Do not continue using ACP (shotgun). It sucks!

You'd always try to aim the enemys head with your weapon and try to move so that he is not able to hit you really well.
.............]-TX-[•»1eSh¡t.­™{StSgt}............
Hidden content:
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: Im jelly
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: and mad
]-TX-[Penguin{OmCpt}: i suck#
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: gah i suck
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: /retarded me
]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: Me dumb
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: IM SO DUMB
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: ofc i am gay
]-TX-[•PengusQ3{DivCom}: damn im dumb
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

l3arcode wrote:i feel that if you are really determined to get better anyone can improve.
Why did not you do it then?

On topic:
Get a sniper and train, skill will come with experience. Use melee and crouch. Do not try to aim at someone always, sometimes just wait for him to go through your crosshair and place it well.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Ironhide wrote:
l3arcode wrote:i feel that if you are really determined to get better anyone can improve.
Why did not you do it then?
Hidden content:
Good advice their ironhide.

You too Jelly for your own good.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Everyone starts as a noob dude, you can't begin as a pro. :up:

Well every weaps are usefull in the game, exept the noob ones.
Hidden content:
DC17M-AA
Concussion Rifle
Heavy reapeter
EC nades
Sonic Nades
Rocket
The rest is ok to use, do not listen those shotgun haters, they just cry coz it's so random. :P
Well the weaps the most used are sniper and blast. lower is your ping better is your blaster (you see what I mean guys - no arguing)
the little gun is used to run faster, the bow ( :ugly: ) is good in vents.
Then the only thing you have to do is playing to get a decent level in the goal to join a clan you will be able to be better. :up:
Randul

Post by Randul »

Thanks for the advice all. I didnt not intend to sound like i was asking to be spoon fed skill, only i can improve you cant do it for me. Im going to try as suggested, to let them cross infront of the crosshairs and then fire instead of chasing them around and missing alot. Problem is i only have about 1.5-2 hours to play a day, what with a full time job and kids and what not.

So dont use the starting rifle, and get something better. Gotcha, gonna have to remember that. I didnt know that your running speed was faster with the pistol, nice to know.

Edit to add, What is Xfire? I have never heard of it.

I have more questions, but i have to get back to work. So ill be posting more tonight.
1eShit
STEAM: 1eshit

Post by 1eShit »

Randul wrote: So dont use the starting rifle, and get something better.
No!! Do use the DC-17 Blaster! If you train with it is a really good weapon, just take a snipe if you find one, but you'd leave the pistol instead of the gun then ;)

Btw:
xfire is an ingame messenger.
.............]-TX-[•»1eSh¡t.­™{StSgt}............
Hidden content:
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: Im jelly
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: and mad
]-TX-[Penguin{OmCpt}: i suck#
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: gah i suck
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: /retarded me
]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: Me dumb
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: IM SO DUMB
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: ofc i am gay
]-TX-[•PengusQ3{DivCom}: damn im dumb
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Technically the Rocket/AA are probably the easiest guns to use in the game, hardly useless.

Just use ACP to win.

Most BS you read all day^
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Penguin wrote:Technically the Rocket/AA are probably the easiest guns to use in the game, hardly useless.

Just use ACP to win.
Are you enforcing noobing?

(don't lisen to him he loves noobs he jelly of their kills.)
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

l3arcode wrote:
Penguin wrote:Technically the Rocket/AA are probably the easiest guns to use in the game, hardly useless.

Just use ACP to win.

Duh. Of course I am.

Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Penguin wrote:
l3arcode wrote:

Just use ACP to win.

Duh. Of course I am.
Ohh. what does that say about Pacio :xD:
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Pacio is a noob :neutral:
Hidden content:
Love you really Pacio :ops:

Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Penguin wrote:Pacio is a noob :neutral:
Hidden content:
Love you really Pacio :ops:
Hehe.

If you want advice on use of acp feel free to Contact pacio. He knows too much about it.

Return to “Questions”