Volo's Servers

About the game.
Deity

Volo's Servers

Post by Deity »

Hey Tx, just dropping by to possibly have a discussion regarding the addition of all ten-thousand of Volo's new public servers. Its nice of the guy to put out a lot of servers for the community to use, but the fact that the community is very small (and obviously getting smaller) means that excess public servers are just going to end up over stretching the public community. Also on top of all of Volo's servers, Vash also has had his usual TX-Gaming servers up. So the european community has a fair amount of european servers running, probably a fair amount more than they really need. Before the addition of Volo's new servers, I believe there were more than enough decent european public servers up and running(correct me if I'm wrong).

On another note, the large amount of european servers also tends to leave the few american ones empty. Which of course is kind of annoying for an american player such as myself. The few times I have joined in on one of Volo's public servers the majority of the server population were american players with 140+ ping.

So I was wondering if you would perhaps like to make a few of your servers private, or maybe put a few of them down. It would likely force players to pack together more, eliminating those servers that continually have no more than 5-6 players in them at a time. It would also help with getting american players into american servers, and with european players into european servers.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: Volo's Servers

Post by Vash »

Deity wrote:Before the addition of Volo's new servers, I believe there were more than enough decent european public servers up and running(correct me if I'm wrong).
You are 100% right. I told Volo, before he got the dedi, that more servers would be just useless and won't increase the number of active players in this community.

I actually said, that my servers were fairly enough for every EU player and MORE servers would be kind of useless since they mainly would all be empty most of time.

I still don't know why Volo wants to waste money for hosting 3000 french servers. He could have donated for mine.... but that's his money and he decides what to do with it. I only said it was a stupid idea and I still have this opinion.

But as far as I know, Volo is only hosting his server for like 1 or 2 more months until he cancels his dedi again. So after that time, my servers will the only remaining ones from EU, like before.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Agreed. The more there are servers, the less there are players in them.
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Its boring to play on a serv with 2-3 players
I agree
Click for watching:
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

You are 100% right Deity.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I also agree with you guys, but Volo said that he will do it for one month, didn't he?
Just wait to see when he will stop for his servers and then you decide something?

Return to “Republic Commando”