Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division

About the game.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division

Post by DC.LegenD »

Have fun Aphex, it will be cool to make some scrims again :alien:

I didn't read any messages in this topic, so I don't know if someone has already said this and is sharing my opinion: I bought the game and played it years now because I accepted it as it was: with noobs, with spammers, with guys I was never able to kill, with bigs maps like garden or ghostship in ctf, with clanwars etc...

I'm agree it's boring to play against players that are always and only using their nades in scrims (<3 Syndicat <3), but everyone has his own gaming style even if it sucks I think you should deal with this and not restricting everything.... I'm even more happy when I win a 3v3 3:2 against a clan that was maybe just UNFAIR but against which I had difficulties to take the flag and score than winning 3:0 in 5 minutes with nade/acp/blablabla restrictions.....
Click for watching:
Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

Post by Drift »

Ironhide wrote:
Drift wrote: there's no reason to limit spamming for the runner considering the other team is going to throw all their nades the moment they respawn.
There is one reason as I just mentioned before, another one is that the S in FPS means "shooter" and not "spammer". I seriously cant think of any game where you can get 5 nades in a few seconds and keep getting 2 more for every kill you make...

Yes, but most games are based off of an assault style basis ( and CS mode) or TDM, I don't think I can actually think of a game that premiers CTF as its "competitive" game-play. If any games did do that, they allowed the carrier to use their weapon while moving at a reduced speed, which is a command that the server auto-kicks for. To go further, there's few occasions in repcom where anyone walks in a spot and picks up 5 or 3 nades at once, especially when the map is open and most people are waiting on either side. I enjoy scrimming, but that doesn't mean I am going to enjoy 30-45 minute matches of picking up the flag and almost instantly dying due to no defense, no cover and large open maps. If we played American style maps with more cover and more running routes THAN 1 nade fits, but until then it just makes no sense.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Drift wrote:Yes, but most games are based off of an assault style basis ( and CS mode) or TDM, I don't think I can actually think of a game that premiers CTF as its "competitive" game-play. If any games did do that, they allowed the carrier to use their weapon while moving at a reduced speed, which is a command that the server auto-kicks for. To go further, there's few occasions in repcom where anyone walks in a spot and picks up 5 or 3 nades at once, especially when the map is open and most people are waiting on either side. I enjoy scrimming, but that doesn't mean I am going to enjoy 30-45 minute matches of picking up the flag and almost instantly dying due to no defense, no cover and large open maps.
Take 2 nades, kill someone = 4 nades in a few seconds.

I actually think not being able to have a weapon while taking the flag is one of the things I enjoy most in RepCom compared to other games, its quite a challenge to drop the flag and kill someone before he is able to return it. Or throw it on something to get more time, kill the opponent and retrieve it afterwards. I think its simply boring to have 5 nades and spam everyone, where's the challenge and fun in that?

And I cant really understand your argument of "large maps with no cover", I think there are just a very few large maps (and those arent played) and 99% of them have enough cover. At least not less than retail maps (A17, G9).
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

Also nade physics are horribly broken in repcom.
Just look at the random nade chains when a nade explodes in your hand, when it explodes too early or when it explodes but does zero damage....
ImageImage
Drift

Post by Drift »

I mean it's just my opinion comparing it to US scrims ^^ . I still prefer Us scrims for the less modifications and the ability to play the stock game.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Drift wrote:I mean it's just my opinion comparing it to US scrims ^^ . I still prefer Us scrims for the less modifications and the ability to play the stock game.
Oh god lets not start this "stop changing the game" shit again. Which modifcations exactly are used on 1337? None actually... The reduced nade limit is nothing but an admin command, US servers use the admin feature as well. :confused:
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Ironhide wrote:I actually think not being able to have a weapon while taking the flag is one of the things I enjoy most in RepCom compared to other games, its quite a challenge to drop the flag and kill someone before he is able to return it. Or throw it on something to get more time, kill the opponent and retrieve it afterwards. I think its simply boring to have 5 nades and spam everyone, where's the challenge and fun in that?.
This :)

But still I prefer without nades restriction. Because for some people this is the only way to kill me, even when I've the flag :ugly: (yeah I'm also considering the fun for others players to play this game), and I also spam (2 nades) sometimes when this is needed (and I'm sure here everyone spams when it's needed)
Click for watching:
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Ironhide wrote:
Drift wrote:I mean it's just my opinion comparing it to US scrims ^^ . I still prefer Us scrims for the less modifications and the ability to play the stock game.
Oh god lets not start this "stop changing the game" shit again. Which modifcations exactly are used on 1337? None actually... The reduced nade limit is nothing but an admin command, US servers use the admin feature as well. :confused:
Tickrate which will be changed back to some stupid jacked up rate as soon as Vash figures out Storm changed it.

Most BS you read all day^
Syndicat

Post by Syndicat »

DC.LegenD wrote:
I'm agree it's boring to play against players that are always and only using their nades in scrims (<3 Syndicat <3)
:confused:
I dont spam.

in Memories of Zeta<3
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Penguin wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Tickrate which will be changed back to some stupid jacked up rate as soon as Vash figures out Storm changed it.
The recent tickrate fucked up the game for me... Really prefer the previous setting.

Return to “Republic Commando”