Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division

About the game.
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division

Post by Žarbon »

Penguin wrote:
Žarbon wrote: So you've got problem with this? Didn't know there are guys who can get psychologically disturbed by reading such sentences.

Well, I think I have to write more of these. Let's see how many will leave the clan. :troll:
I mean the flaming at you just because you wrote that you do not play anymore fridgeless noob! ;)

Ah now I get it. :OMFG:

[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Du brauchst kein teamwork.
[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Du brauchst ne shotty und ne dunkle ecke.
[22:04] ]-TX-[•AquaZ{ZeSgt}: Das ist alles.
krauser
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran

Post by krauser »

Well, there are a few more words to say:
Hasero wrote:But im not going to be in your way, its a pity to see you guys go but you clearly have given alot of thought about it.
That's right. Lets remember that friendship doesn't end together with membership. We will stay in contact and remember you as awesome members :)
Hasero wrote: Its a real bummer that this division is fallen apart so quick all of a sudden. Lets all do something about it, instead of making it worse. And this counts for everyone.
And this is the reason why we should take good behaviour more serious, find the "problem makers" in this clan and find a solution together with them.
"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford
"Wo Konflikte sind, ist immer auch Emotion, ist Energie, ist Weiterentwicklung - oder auch Untergang. Wo Konflikte fehlen, ist Harmonie und Kooperation - oder auch Langeweile, Stillstand und Erstarrung."

Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

krauser wrote:That's right. Lets remember that friendship doesn't end together with membership.
Exactly, it doesnt matter in which clan you are or why you left. People should focus on playing the game and having fun doing so, getting along with everyone in the community (except for Admin) should be the main goal for everyone. The amount of people still playing RepCom is small these days and it's not important which clan tag you wear, otherwise those 20 active players will be divided again. If we want to keep playing this game, it means we shouldnt argue too much or annoy eachother.

Aphex and the others have made their decision, everyone should accept it and move on. Not much actually changes, those guys are still playing RepCom (with the same people as before), they remain the same, just with a different addition to their name. Having clans in RepCom kinda stopped making sense a couple of years ago, even if I understand why people stick to that system we will always end up with the same players in the game.
Hidden content:
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
krauser
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran

Post by krauser »

Ah btw, congratz Inferno! :)
"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford
"Wo Konflikte sind, ist immer auch Emotion, ist Energie, ist Weiterentwicklung - oder auch Untergang. Wo Konflikte fehlen, ist Harmonie und Kooperation - oder auch Langeweile, Stillstand und Erstarrung."

Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

Aphex I am very sorry for talking off topic in your retiring topic.

I hope you made the right decision. Good luck with what ever you are planning to do.

Bye. :up:

GeniuZ
Epsilon Lance Corporal
Epsilon Lance Corporal
LoL Name: Blaow der Boss

Post by GeniuZ »

I have read the first post and a few more on page one, that's it, but I do understand Aphex. I left TX in - uhm ... 2012? I think it was 2012 - for the same reasons.

About the activity:

The problem is, there is no competitive playing. Pacio's comment about "the dead game" is bullshit. This game does need competition. More than any other game. You can play CoD4 for fun AND competitive, that's what it makes so much played even years after it has been released.
When RepCom became more and more inactive (started in 2008, slightly increased in 2009 and 2010 was finally the hardest year, alot of players stopped playing), the good active players had less opponents, especially less good opponents to play against. I don't know if you guys have played with old pros like Animal, Habbe, Drumit, Punk, Blackstar, Demagol, Pride, Loon and so on, but almost all of them stopped because they were bored. They still played in 2010, tho. Why would they stop? Because it is an old shitty game? Well, no, because they wouldn't have played it in 2010, either, if they thought like this. Everytime I played with them, we were on TS, every single time they complained about the bad players around.
I understood that. I prefer playing a damn close 3v3 TDM which ends 30-28 than an easy 30-10, too.
I started playing RC in early 2008. I joined TX in July or August and instantly got invited for 3v3 scrims with CWOs against 7DS or the RedCell-Elite. I was kinda proud to play in that matches as a PFC, nobody else at my rank played matches like this.

The even newer generation of RepCom-players doesn't want to improve. They don't enjoy playing against better players. Instead of improving their blaster and sniper, they used the acp more and more, because it was easier to get kills against better players with that weapon. wat. wat the hell is this attitude?
Many of you know my dislikes against ACP, but I never had them until players used to stick to that ACP only style of playing. Using it is more comfortable than improving in general.

That kind of attitude killed RepCom. A lack of good players.

I thought about playing a little more again in the past few weeks, that matches in the evenings are fun. But it would be way more fun if there were other clans out there to crush.

It's sad to see you leave, bro, but we will play together and stay in contact via facebook, xfire, etc. anyways, so hf :)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{CWO}«««««««««««««««««
Numb wrote:Lets play Capture the Fag: Grace runs around and u gotta catch him!
[16:41] ]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{BOSS}: give me a sec!
[16:43] ]-TX-[•nUmb™{OmSMj}: Dude.. Have you got StormSyndrome?

Storm: Das ist kein Flaming, das ist Beleidigen du Hurensohn
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Maybe it's just time to stop our RC division
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

GeniuZ wrote: The even newer generation of RepCom-players doesn't want to improve. They don't enjoy playing against better players. Instead of improving their blaster and sniper, they used the acp more and more, because it was easier to get kills against better players with that weapon. wat. wat the hell is this attitude?
Many of you know my dislikes against ACP, but I never had them until players used to stick to that ACP only style of playing. Using it is more comfortable than improving in general.

Maybe thats what killed the game for you 4 years ago, nowadays no one uses acp and the few "new" people left definitly are playing to get better (I would count myself as one of them).

The problem is the lack of players in general. This game is almost 10 years old, its almost certain that there wont be any new people willing to start this game playing competitive anymore.
The repcom community wont grow, it will most likely shrink or stay as it is with old people coming back every now and then.
With the current amount of people playing this game its impossible to create a competition between clans, only to improve as an idividual player in a team.

@Samo
As long as there are still people playing this game i dont see why we should do that.
Maybe we should change the division a bit since the ranking system is kinda outdated but even that isnt really necessary I think.
ImageImage
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

GeniuZ wrote:I have read the first post and a few more on page one, that's it, but I do understand Aphex. I left TX in - uhm ... 2012? I think it was 2012 - for the same reasons.

About the activity:

The problem is, there is no competitive playing. The good active players had less opponents, especially less good opponents to play against. The even newer generation of RepCom-players doesn't want to improve. They don't enjoy playing against better players. Instead of improving their blaster and sniper, they used the acp more and more, because it was easier to get kills against better players with that weapon. wat. wat the hell is this attitude?

Most true and accurate post describing the state of repcom ever.

It's not even possible to play on public anymore, everyone will ragequit and accuse you of cheating. The skill gap between public noob, average, good and very good is way too high now. Players who are considered good, even enough to be in TX like Skyred are ridiculously bad compared to previous standards and for me beating them 15:0 or 3:0 is not remotely a challenge.

Matches in EU are ruined by retarded settings (jacked up tickrates, limits on nades etc etc...), US matches are much more entertaining if you have any interest in them, and because you have a higher ping, they are more challenging also. You won't be the best player in the match for once, which is slightly refreshing.

Most BS you read all day^
Crimson
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: GGCrimson

Post by Crimson »

I can understand your perspective on the tickrate because of the weapon balance, but how does allowing for 24/7 spamming with no nade limit lead to a more competitive gameplay? I would prefer if we could just fix nades and add a delay after throwing one but currently it isn't possible as far as I know.

While I can believe that some stopped playing because of a lack of competitive players still active, I just simply think SWRC doesn't have the complexities and a high enough skill ceiling to ever be considered a truly competitive FPS. Additionally, the game never had a big enough community to start out with and I doubt that anyone buying this game today will look at it and want to play it for the multiplayer.
Hidden content:
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: my internet
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: so bad recently
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: if i had
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: just 1%
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: of ur net
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: i'd have -10 ping
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: + 100MB/s download
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: :/
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: ;D
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: jelly?
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: actually
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: YES

"I don't have any problems with Vanity, he often talks the truth." - Penguin, 2013

Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Crimson wrote:I can understand your perspective on the tickrate because of the weapon balance, but how does allowing for 24/7 spamming with no nade limit lead to a more competitive gameplay?
Well it doesen't really.

However having only 1 nade is not fun in my opinion, makes attacking much more difficult, especially flag running. So if I take flag 1% of time with 5 nades, imagine how much I am inclined to take it with 1.

Most BS you read all day^
Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

Post by Drift »

Penguin wrote:
Crimson wrote:So if I take flag 1% of time with 5 nades, imagine how much I am inclined to take it with 1.
Take 1% and divide by 100,000 to get real number percentage. In all honesty, comparatively to US scrims at least, less reason to complain about nade usage. The maps are large squares with empty spaces between them and most of the time your sitting on either side camping. It's already flag running hell, there's no reason to limit spamming for the runner considering the other team is going to throw all their nades the moment they respawn.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Žarbon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Žarbon »

How about if you create a separate topic for this? You guys are spamming Aphex "Retiring" topic. Have some respect. :yuno:

NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

I doubt aphex minds if we are discussing the current state of repcom and why people are leaving in his topic.
ImageImage
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Penguin wrote:
Crimson wrote:I can understand your perspective on the tickrate because of the weapon balance, but how does allowing for 24/7 spamming with no nade limit lead to a more competitive gameplay?
Well it doesen't really.

However having only 1 nade is not fun in my opinion, makes attacking much more difficult, especially flag running. So if I take flag 1% of time with 5 nades, imagine how much I am inclined to take it with 1.
Havong one nade makes it more difficult, and that's why I prefer it over having 5 nades. The temptation to randomly spam everyone you see seems to be high for 99% of the players when they have 2+ nades, this simply cannot happen with 1 nade. Its much better.
Drift wrote: there's no reason to limit spamming for the runner considering the other team is going to throw all their nades the moment they respawn.
There is one reason as I just mentioned before, another one is that the S in FPS means "shooter" and not "spammer". I seriously cant think of any game where you can get 5 nades in a few seconds and keep getting 2 more for every kill you make...
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.

Return to “Republic Commando”