Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division

About the game.
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division

Post by Aphex »

I will start by saying that this is a post announcing that I am retiring as DivCom of the SWRC division and leaving TX for this game.

I joined TX for my fourth time 3 and a half years ago. At the time I didn't expect to even play that much or get to that high a rank. I proceeded to become LCom and then Omicron Commander and thoroughly enjoyed running a squad. A year and two months ago I was proud to have achieved the Division Commander rank in TX and I have enjoyed running the Division. However times for me have changed now. I came to TX thinking it would be my final home in the game but I also expected SWRC to have completely subsided by now. The fact that there are still people playing today shows me that there are still opportunities to do something new and different in this game.

I am motivated to start something new and try to revive some aspect of the competitive game again, or at least creating some competition. Wheres the fun in being a game where there is only really 1 team still active in Europe?

Though I am still good friends with many of you and I will still consider you so after this post, I have to admit that I am tired of some of the bad attitudes which have developed over the last year or two. One instance is the religous rage resets of matches when things aren't going people's way or just because someone wants to play stamper. What is the purpose of having all these maps if were not going to play them? These things have spoiled many matches in the past and it doesn't appear to have changed at all in recent times regardless of the introduction of mapvoting. Also the flaming which goes on even between members of this clan sometimes is pretty negative behaviour. The bottom line is that these constant problems sap the enjoyment out of playing, to the point where it becomes a drag to play. I'm pretty sure some people stopped playing because of these issues.
Another thing i would like to to point out is that some people who joined this clan in the last few years would traditionally never have been accepted due to their skill levels or immaturity. Unfortunately this has lead to the quality and reputation of this clan degrading in recent times. I just want to enjoy playing matches with friends without such things.

As i will be leaving the Division Commander position, I name my successor as Inferno seeing that he is the most active member and a loyal high ranked member.

Congratulations Inferno and good luck in your new position!
I will still be around of course but I wish you all the best of luck and safe travels.
Aphex
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:
Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division

Post by Drift »

Well said Aphex I also wish to say good luck to Inferno is his new position as divcom.

As for me, I would like to begin my part by saying I will also be leaving the TX Repcom divison (I will maintain my position as divcom of League for the time being), but will be giving up my WO position. Similarly I began my TX career as a pvt and rose through the ranks until finally being promoted to WO. I have enjoyed playing matches with all of you over the past 2 years and I still look forward to playing more. Similarly I have seen problems with the TeamXtreme tempers in the division, and the the upgraded consistency of the rage restarts. I have also seen the division thoroughly degrade over time and I feel that it's time that I have a fresh start somewhere new, where activity can be spurred.

Aphex wrote:I am motivated to start something new and try to revive some aspect of the competitive game again, or at least creating some competition. Wheres the fun in being a game where there is only really 1 team still active in Europe?

I look forward to playing matches with you in the future and wish you all best of luck!

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Viral

Post by Viral »

No Re.
Pacio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pacio »

COMPETITION. Oh god guys just take this game as it is: dead. You can make 2-3-4-5-6 different clans to raise the "competition", but if a game has 30 players, it doesn't matter whether there are 2 or 4 clans, because as far as the amount of players keeps lowering, the game dies.
You speak about competition, but most of players now play at night and do it for fun, I see no need of competition in that at all.
Even if I can understand your reasons, I thought we already ran over such childish problems. Was it so hard to discuss with those people you're talking about and find a deal? Gosh most of us are 20+ guys playing a nearly DEAD 10 years old game and we still act like we're 12 when it's about losing a match.

However I wish you all good luck in your new project. I'm quite sure we will keep having fun together anyway!
RTG COUNTER: 113
Hidden content:
Epic moments with epic team mates!

]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: and btw
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: tea is not that great all in all.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: now you've crossed the line
---------------------------------
]-TX-[»ApFeL: u like that expression
]-TX-[»ApFeL: seriously
]-TX-[»ApFeL: gtfo
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: srsly
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: gtfo
Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.
NOW DANCE, FUCKER, DANCE!
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

I think you guys are wrong thinking you will have more fun in an other clan. I mean, because you're in TX doesn't mean you can't play with whoever you want in the game. You know as well as everyone that these leaves to "revive the game" just leads to nothing. It has not worked even 3 years ago, so what would it be now...

Pacio is right. This game is 9 years old, it lasted way more than many people thought back in 2007/2008. Let's just be realistic, now the community is so small that you have to play with the same people everytime, out of TX or not will not change anything.

Penguin talked to me about these problems in private matches. We better all find a solution and some people probably need to change their habits or behavior. But leaving TX will neither help TX, nor help RepCom.

Anyway, you have done a good job here as Commander and Division Commander. It's sad to see you leave but it's your decision...

Have fun.
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
Apfel
Kappa Private
Kappa Private

Post by Apfel »

what's the issue with writing everything in colour?
Pi-Pa-Pacio Image
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: oh god
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you're so awesome
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you know i love you, right? :3

Hidden content:

Crimson
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: GGCrimson

Post by Crimson »

It is sad to see you guys go, especially for some the reasons you mentioned.
As Pacio and Judge said, I really don't believe you will change anything for competition since clan based matches are rare or irrelevant at this point.

The rage restarts I can understand somewhat since they can be annoying. Though to be fair they rarely happen and if they were really such a big issue for you guys then we could have worked it out.

Regarding the issues of map variety, specifically only playing Stamper, we have been playing quite a few different maps recently since Iron released a few new ones and only maybe a handful on Stamper. I agree that at times it was really annoying when the majority preferred a certain map and still another was set by an admin. Again, stuff like that could have and should be discussed more to solve the issue. Just by leaving, nothing will change and you would still likely experience it since the community is so small.

Another point you mentioned is flaming in the clan is a big issue currently. Could you please explain this? I really do not see it...

TL;DR - Stay in the clan and actually talk about fixing the issues you have rather than leaving the clan to solve nothing.
Hidden content:
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: my internet
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: so bad recently
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: if i had
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: just 1%
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: of ur net
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: i'd have -10 ping
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: + 100MB/s download
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: :/
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: ;D
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: jelly?
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: actually
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: YES

"I don't have any problems with Vanity, he often talks the truth." - Penguin, 2013

Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Post by Aphex »

Members flaming each other or saying things to annoy each on TS during games.. If you don't notice this i'm surprised. Well at the end of the day we could have played TX interns until the end of the earth. Now at least I look forward to playing some Scrims again.
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:
Crimson
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander

Post by Crimson »

People say all kinds of things online. Especially in FPS games, trash talking is very common. In my opinion it is all in good fun and shouldn't be taken so seriously. Atleast I don't when I get called a horrible player or Vash flames his teammates. I laugh about it more than getting annoyed by it.

Also scrims vs interns. Where is the difference? We often just play mixed to actually get enough players to play properly.
Hidden content:

"I don't have any problems with Vanity, he often talks the truth." - Penguin, 2013

Drift

Post by Drift »

Crimson wrote:People say all kinds of things online. Especially in FPS games, trash talking is very common. In my opinion it is all in good fun and shouldn't be taken so seriously. Atleast I don't when I get called a horrible player or Vash flames his teammates. I laugh about it more than getting annoyed by it.

Also scrims vs interns. Where is the difference? We often just play mixed to actually get enough players to play properly.
Yes, but if one was to compare the difference in the amount of flames from this year to last year, exceedingly large difference. Also if an intern and a scrim are this similar, there should be no problem with us playing under different tags.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Crimson
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander

Post by Crimson »

Of course the matches themselves won't change based on just a difference in tags. I just do not understand what you will gain with your decision as in my opinion it is a lose lose sort of thing.

To be honest, since Penguin left the main cause of flaming and BS has actually left TX with him.
Hidden content:

Splatter
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran

Post by Splatter »

Good bye and have fun.
Atti.
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Atti. »

Take care on the battlefield guys!
I hope you will not regret the decision and the discussion is pointless. It is discussed over years and nothing has changed.
Skirata
LoL Manager
LoL Manager
STEAM: charcoaleater
LoL Name: framboiseattack

Post by Skirata »

Gratz Inferno!
-Sig by War.

Hamlet Coach (1:17): yea sure, sry i took long to answer but i had to google how to talk in chat while palying, i keep forgetting
Freshou (8:06): contact me *****
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Crimson wrote:Of course the matches themselves won't change based on just a difference in tags. I just do not understand what you will gain with your decision as in my opinion it is a lose lose sort of thing.

To be honest, since Penguin left the main cause of flaming and BS has actually left TX with him.
Haha... What a load of fucking shit. You mean I've stopped complaining about Narc and Vash ruining matches because I haven't played them so you just accept the shit quietly like a good little boy.

If you're not in TX you can much more easily say "stop this fucking shit or im out of this match" than if you're in it, also in a match vs another clan you are way more likely to be formal and respectful. This is the point Aphex and Drift are making with a new clan. I really liked being in this clan until around 2013... when matches just got ridiculous and even worse in 2014. You say I'm a flamer only in matches? Haha, ask the Americans if I flame when I play with them? Ask RedCell members like Truth etc if I flame when I play with them? You act like i'm the only one who noticed this bullshit, Drift and Aphex noticed way before I said anything, Ironhide agrees too... what more do you need?

And onto the point... it's coming to something if I say the flaming is going too far isn't it?

I liked this clan Crimson, I was in it way before you, 7 years is not a small investment in a clan but I wont be a blind idiot defending TX pointlessly. If this clan stops being fun due to issues, I will leave. Please say what you really think instead of just sucking up, its the internet, how can you struggle with it?

I garuntee if players like Atticus, Hasero, Judge, Legend took part in 2-3 of the matches I did, they would be extremely annoyed at the state of TX too.

Also congratulations Inferno, you were one of the guys I most enjoyed spending time with in TX recently, we will still play for sure :)

Most BS you read all day^

Return to “Republic Commando”