Republic Commando Stats Application

About the game.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Republic Commando Stats Application

Post by Ironhide »

I assume most of you already noticed the website Storm and Vash have put online to display player stats from our Republic Commando matches. If you havent seen it yet, here's the link: http://tx-gaming.net/server/1337/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought a while about the ranking system there and ended up having an own idea how to calculate the rankings properly, so I recently wrote a small tool to retrieve data from the website and re-order/calculate it.

Once I had done that, I thought it would be a nice idea to save the data once a day in a database so a detailed player development and other stats can be shown too.

While every time you change your name a little bit (or completely) you are getting a new profile on the stats website, you only get one main account in my server application which is then linking your alternative names to that account. All your data is going to be saved in just one account/name.

I kept having more ideas for the application, so when I felt a little bored and had time left I continued to improve the app and add more features to it. Now I got a working first version which you guys can use too, if you want.

Before you start the "the game is dead why do you even bother" posts, I havent really done this "for RepCom" but as practice, and why not do something with the stats. :)

Here are some screenshots and further information, a download link will follow later, I have to create a small setup first.

When you see the screenshot you will notice two categories in the beginning, "Top Players" and "All Players".

Top Players are "ranked" players who have played at least the average amount of matches from all players together. This prevents inactive players who win 1-2 matches from being on top of the list.

All players is simply a full list, regardless how many matches someone played (except for a small amount that goes in the stats calculation, more details later).

Here is an explanation what the stats mean:
Name: Same.
Clan: My app is able to link players to a clan, so the category "Clans" which I will show later is the same as players, but with clans.
W/L: Win/Loss Ratio
Scores: Total flags captured
OppScores: Total flag captures of the opponent team
S/Match: Flags per match
OppS/Match: Opponent flags per match
S/Time: Average time to score the flag once
K/D: Kill/Death Ratio
Kills: <--
Deaths: <--
K/Match: Kills per match
D/Match: Deaths per match
KPM: Kills per minute
Wins: <--
Losses: <--
Total: Total amount of matches
Time: Total time played
Ø Time: Average time per match
L10: Last 10 matches (wins-losses)
Streaks: Longest win and losing streak
To be ranked: Matches above or under the average to count as ranked "top" player, + means how many matches you can miss without getting unranked. If you are -1, you need 1 more match to be ranked

The stats can be sorted by clicking on the name of a certain category.

Here is the screenshot, please note that the data of my name is not 100% correct because I got one test match reported, this one will be removed so he data is going to be correct in the next update. However, this only changes my KPM and time played. All other data is correct.
Hidden content:
Okay, now you probably think "way too much numbers and information, cant have a good look at it". So let me tell you, when you click on preferences in the left top corner you can chose your settings that you want to be shown. As seen in the next screenshots.
Hidden content:
Before we move to the clans, you should know that right clicking the player column (same for clans) will open a window with detailed information and a drawn graph to display the player development.

Examples:
Hidden content:

I guess it's time to move to the clans now. Now that you know most of the app, the screenshots will be enough.
Hidden content:

Let me show you the matches really quick, again, you can select which data you want to be shown.
Hidden content:
By now I hope you have noticed the "Search" button on top of all tables, with that one you can search for a player in the player window (also multiple names at once, seperated by a comma).

In the match window, you can search for any given team. For example "Ironhide, Vash" vs "Storm, Crimson". Also for all matches from one player alone, like "Crimson". Although the search window shows Team1 and Team2, its not seperated by Republic and Trandoshan. All matches with those players against/together will be shown. You can also search for one team only, like "Ironhide, Zafiro".

It also supports shortcuts, "Iron" for "Ironhide", "Narc" or simply "Noluck" instead of "Noluck/Noskill"

Playersearch:
Hidden content:
Matchsearch (one example for a non existing match, and you can see the players I have been searching at the top of the screenshots):
Hidden content:
Thats's almost it, here is one screenshot of the live server viewer included within the application. I am working on a way to let it update every 10 seconds, so long, you have to use the update button to reload the live stats.
Hidden content:
And if you dont like the theme, there are 6 included. I will show you 2 more now:
Hidden content:

And if you are interested, here is the explanation of the ranking system, how those numbers came up:
•Not all categories count for the ranking, those that matter are Win/Loss Ratio, Scores per Match, amount of Matches played, KPM and K/D.
•The tool is looking for the best value from each category, and sees it as "best available" (100%). From there on, it will calculate the percentage for every other played compared to the "best available" result. If I have K/D of 3, and Storm has 1.5, I would get 100% and Storm 50%. My explanation might be complicated, but it's actually quite simple.
•Once all individual stats are calculated, they are counted together with the following value:
-->40% Win/loss, 25% Flagscores, 20% matches played, 10% KD 5% KPM
•That means if one player leads ALL categories, he can get a 100.0 ranking (100%), if he leads all but K/D he has at least 90% and depending on his K/D he can get 99.9% maximum.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Republic Commando Stats Application

Post by DC.LegenD »

I love it :) it's sad we were not able to creat it when RC was still alive :slash:
But well for the next matches we'll play it's cool to have something such detailled :up:
Click for watching:
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Impressive work, Iron! Really nice. :up:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

So now Storm will start playing with stacked teams only again? :xD:

Anyways, looks like a hudge amount of work, nicely done Iron :up:

Dunno if thats possible but could you integrate that if you win with lesser ranked players against higher ranked players you get an higher score?
What happens if we would play TDM? Would each kill count as a score?
ImageImage
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

NoLuck/NoSkill wrote:So now Storm will start playing with stacked teams only again? :xD:

Anyways, looks like a hudge amount of work, nicely done Iron :up:

Dunno if thats possible but could you integrate that if you win with lesser ranked players against higher ranked players you get an higher score?
What happens if we would play TDM? Would each kill count as a score?
1) Yes, thats possible. Its a shame we have this too late, would have been awesome to have this for tournaments. You wouldnt have to do anything, just play and the app would calculate the rankings for players and clans.

2) This is based on the website Storm/Vash made, I think it is only saving CTF stats.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

Wow. This is so impressive O.o

Amazing job, congratulations!! Indeed, so sad we couldn't use such feature some years ago already.

I was wondering the same as Noluck, and I'm not sure I understood the reason if you gave one: do you get more/less ranking points depending on your opponents and teammates average ranking points? So you have more incentives not to just play with very good players vs lesser skilled players?

Again, really nice job from the 3 of you (talking about the website and these new features), I'm always more impressed :wink:
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

DC-17 wrote: I was wondering the same as Noluck, and I'm not sure I understood the reason if you gave one: do you get more/less ranking points depending on your opponents and teammates average ranking points? So you have more incentives not to just play with very good players vs lesser skilled players?
First of all, thanks.:)

To answer your question, such a calculation is not included yet, if you guys want that I could change the stats calculation so it matters who you play with/against. I have an assignment due tuesday, afterwards I can spend some time on this app again (thats why I didnt post a download link yet, found a small bug that can be fixed in no time, but I just dont have any until tuesday).
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Just an update why I couldnt release the app yet: All bugs seem to be fixed, but I want to switch my database to Vashs server and need to randomly meet him online one day to get this done. Also barely had much time to be online myself, not sure how long its going to take. Old database is already off (saved the data of course) so I cant even release the old version right now.

Return to “Republic Commando”