Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012)

Moderator: Xbox360 Staff

Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
XBOX Gamertag: lnfinitii

Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012)

Post by Infinitii »

Hey guys! Criterion have started development for the next Need for Speed, a remake of Most Wanted. To most of those who have played the original, I'm sure you'll definitely be interested in seeing how this one will pan out.

I'm kinda excited as it's developed by Criterion, which I feel is better than EA. The games they've made speak for themselves, including Burnout Paradise and even Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (remake) which many people felt was a REVIVAL to the series. My hopes are that they keep the endless ways of customizing your car and bring back the feel of the ability to tune your car how you want, easily, like in the original.

What do you guys wanna see in it?

More info coming soon.
The prettiest colours!
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012)

Post by Infinitii »

It looks good, I really like the open world it looks great, not too bright not too dull. The original was way too dull which was one of its main weak points. Porches are in the game, nice, that means the Carrera GT will probably be in it. I love that car. Not a fan of the other Porches though.
:hurr:
One worry, I hope they're not bringing in that "heavy" steering system which is "more realistic" as I felt the older ones were more fun partly because of the older steering system.
The prettiest colours!
Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member
XBOX Gamertag: RokkaFellah
LoL Name: Beatlefield

Post by Sunny »

The graphic is really good. :OMFG:

But I rather to have a remake of NFS Underground 2 ._.
Angela Merkel wrote:Das Internet ist für uns alle #Neuland.
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

Sunny wrote:The graphic is really good. :OMFG:

But I rather to have a remake of NFS Underground 2 ._.
Ikr they still haven't done anything like underground 2 yet since the original whereas nfs the run and undercover is kinda like nfs most wanted. But I still liked most wanted more so I'm happy :xD:
The prettiest colours!
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

I can say there is quite a bit of interest revolving around this subject from a few members who would appreciate any extra info, but to this point I still cannot find anything new about it. Now if you are not interested in rumours and rambling opinions I'd strongly advise you ignore this specific post :xD:

There is a lot of speculation about it being like Burnout Paradise. Some won't like this, but for me, I'd love it as I felt that the only way they could improve Burnout Paradise is by having real life cars rather than weird hybrids of different cars to avoid licensing issues, and in NFS MW they're gonna use real cars. :D

It is also mentioned that the story of the original game is gonna be scrapped along with the somewhat so-cheesy-it's-cringe-worthy cutscenes. This mixed with the great soundtrack from NFS Undercover I'm sure will result in a big hit if not bigger than NFS Hot Pursuit (criterion's one), and hopefully revive the failing NFS series, and I say failing due to the absolute fail of their recent game NFS The Run, since I've been a fan of the games for a very long time, almost as long as I can remember.
The prettiest colours!
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

Limited edition details released.

Fully customised Porche Carerra S
Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale
4 hours double speed points

Woo hardly anything so I don't feel jelly of those who get it.
I think this also proves there will be an exp/cash system perhaps separated from the normal cash system in the previous games including Underground, Undercover and Carbon. This may just affect your level, but maybe you can earn/buy other bonuses with it.
Last edited by Infinitii on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The prettiest colours!
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

There will also be 3 different pre order bonuses, depending on the store. THIS IS ONLY FOR PS3 AND XBOX 360.
Speed Pack: The Caterham Superlight R500 in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Track Tyres Modification for improved road handling, and the Lightweight Chassis Modification allowing players to reach mesmerizing speeds.
Strike Pack: The Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Power Pack Powertrain Modification for an engine tuned for torque, acceleration and the ability to reach breakneck speeds, and the Re-inflating Tyres Modification making it easier to survive and counter rivals’ attempts to slow players down.
Power Pack: The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Reinforced Chassis Modification for taking increased damage, and the powerful and violent Nitrous Dump Modification for making tight jumps and powered up takedowns.
The Ford F-150 SVT raptor caught my eye. Maybe they're gonna add different cars like in the burnout series so some are big and heavy suited to taking damage and dealing it, and the racers that although are weak are the fastest on the road.
The prettiest colours!
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

Customization will also be included in the game. It will be interesting to see this as Criterion I believe haven't released any racing games which featured extensive customization.

UPDATE: However they said no bodykits and customized exhaust, I hope that doesn't mean no aftermarket whatsoever, just paint and vinyls
The prettiest colours!
Rageful Bean
LoL Member
LoL Member
STEAM: Rageful Bean
XBOX Gamertag: Rageful Bean
LoL Name: Crumpet y0

Post by Rageful Bean »

NFS Underground 2

:OMFG:

I'm going to play that RIGHT NOW.
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

Looks just like Burnout Paradise multiplayer, which was really fun.

Looks like they're bring back team challenges too.
The prettiest colours!

Return to “Upcoming games & Software”