Moderator: Xbox360 Staff

Hasero
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran
STEAM: hasero

Xbox Voice Control/Bing/youtube & Live-TV

Post by Hasero »

Xbox 360 To Get Voice Control, Bing, YouTube, Tiles & Live TV

At their E3 keynote, Microsoft introduced a major update to the Xbox 360 dashboard. The update includes a new interface and deeper Kinect integration.

Metro UI

The dashboard now looks a lot more like Zune with tiles and navigation categories at the top. The Metro UI is now part of Windows 8 (tablet), Windows Phone 7 and the Xbox. The live tiles are updated with relevant information.

Bing

Microsoft’ s decision engine is slowly becoming an integral part of the company’s product portfolio. Bing is an important feature in Windows phone 7 and today Microsoft integrated Bing’s search capabilities in Xbox 360. The Bing interface on the Xbox is elegant and coupled with voice control, searching your catalog and the Internet looks fun.

With Bing, a user can search within apps like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, ESPN and Xbox LIVE Marketplace to find relevant entertainment content.

Voice Control

With Kinect integration, Microsoft has now enabled voice control throughout the Xbox. Voice commands can be used with Bing to search within apps for content.

Live TV and YouTube

Microsoft has promised subscription based TV services starting this fall in the US. Currently, Microsoft has partnered with Sky TV in the UK, FoxTel in Australia and Canal+ in France for live television in the respective countries. In addition to subscription based local TV content, Microsoft will be streaming martial fights under Ultimate Fighting Championship and feature some exclusive UFC videos.

Youtube on Xbox Live

Microsoft has been able to strike a deal with Google to bring YouTube to the Xbox 360. This allows users to access the huge repertoire of videos on the website using voice control in their living room. Looks like Google just lost a reason to sell Google TVs.

Source:
Technie-Buzz

Hasero
This looks very promising to me! I think this is a new step in the direction of a new Console coming out? I cant wait to haver all these extra content ont my xbox!
I'm pretty good at stuff, until people watch me do that stuff
Zeta Squad
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Re: Xbox Voice Control/Bing/youtube & Live-TV

Post by Barcode »

Well considering the new Wii console is coming out... Omg it looks brilliant. This is not the usual family entertainment console this one is for Undergorund/ hardcore gaming. This will threaten the Xbox360 and we will probs loose members to this, so Xbox360 need to come up with something better to compete, by using these sources... I agree it will keep our members and its a step in the right direction.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader
XBOX Gamertag: Firetrap900

Re: Xbox Voice Control/Bing/youtube & Live-TV

Post by Firetrap900 »

i think xbox is pretty sweet already but this just tips it into greatness :up:

Return to “Microsoft Updates & Announcements”