Requesting help from mappers

Everything about custom maps for Republic Commando!

Moderators: Sanchez, RepCom Modding

tagdanny

Requesting help from mappers

Post by tagdanny »

Hello!

So, phobos has made amazing progress on a mod that allows for the addition of the Green and Yellow teams. The programming is nearing completion, but we have a shortage of maps made for three or four teams. We are looking for anyone interested in making a map to support this game mode. Its just like making a normal CTF map. The only thing that is different is when you go to assign teams to flags/spawns in the editor, use 2 for GREEN and 3 for YELLOW.

Here are some screenshots:

Xfire me (tagdanny) or post here for details. Phobos is also working on green and yellow reskins of stuff like the control panels, so xfire me if you would like those aswell.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Requesting help from mappersp

Post by DC.LegenD »

Great job, I would help you if I could... But I dont have enough time to work on a new map :(
Click for watching:
Yourself

Re: Requesting help from mappers

Post by Yourself »

This looks like it would be very fun. Imagine a 1v1v1v1 CTF match! I might have a try at mapping once, never done it before for this game.
sig censored
Aytsef
Omicron Sergeant Major
Omicron Sergeant Major
STEAM: Aytsef
LoL Name: Aytsef

Post by Aytsef »

I would like to map for you but I fear I wont have time for it but Ill see what I can do, I wanted to do some mapping soon anyways. Cool mod btw :up:
]-TeamXtreme-[Aytsef{KappaSecondLieutenant}
Thanks for the awesome sig Graphiix :D
Hidden content:
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Nice idea, I like it. Could be really interesting actually.

I'd also like to help, but I don't have enough time currently, I might be able to help during the end of January or early February.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
tagdanny

Post by tagdanny »

The map doesnt have to too complex, for example right now I am making a 4 base version of lockdown just so we have somthing to play the mod on. All I have to really do is make the middle room a square and then copy/paste/rotate blue base afew times =)
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

tagdanny wrote:The map doesnt have to too complex, for example right now I am making a 4 base version of lockdown just so we have somthing to play the mod on. All I have to really do is make the middle room a square and then copy/paste/rotate blue base afew times =)
What about spawn points, aren't they needed as well? As I understood it you want to create 4 teams. Or just 2 flags per team?
frazscotland

Post by frazscotland »

Looks great am sure phobos will fixit only a matter of time
Ive seen him do stuff isnt released yet even ! change maps day to night add in effects etc crazy..
Maybe there some existing tx or any other clan maps can be modded for it, ?
there must be some.
maybe moseisley or anchorhead even 007temple maps on sandcrawler ?
:cool:
tagdanny

Post by tagdanny »

Ironhide wrote:
tagdanny wrote:The map doesnt have to too complex, for example right now I am making a 4 base version of lockdown just so we have somthing to play the mod on. All I have to really do is make the middle room a square and then copy/paste/rotate blue base afew times =)
What about spawn points, aren't they needed as well? As I understood it you want to create 4 teams. Or just 2 flags per team?
I am also changing the spawnpoints in each base:
0=BLUE
1=RED
2=GREEN
3=YELLOW
tagdanny

Post by tagdanny »

Here is a preview of the map so far. It is almost done I just have to finish up with the middle room and then clean it up abit.

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Looks quite interesting. Keep it up!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

Looks totally crazy!!!
Ironhide wrote: As I understood it you want to create 4 teams. Or just 2 flags per team?
I hadn't thought of the second option but it could be awesome aswell!

Good luck guys :up: :up: :up: :up:
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Dc-17 wrote:
Ironhide wrote: As I understood it you want to create 4 teams. Or just 2 flags per team?
I hadn't thought of the second option but it could be awesome aswell!
Yeah, 4 teams are cool. But 2 flags per team are not bad either. Having 2 bases to defend makes the matches more interesting and dynamic again, not just "1 def + 2 atk". Of course with a higher score limit, but it could work, there'd be a lot of new tactics.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Yes both idea could be very well :)
I Hope we'll be able to play it soon!
Click for watching:
Aytsef
Omicron Sergeant Major
Omicron Sergeant Major
STEAM: Aytsef
LoL Name: Aytsef

Post by Aytsef »

I am currently workin on a map and I will be sure to put 4 bases in it. This map would only work if you play with 4 teams I think or else you would have 2 completly different bases to defend which could be fun too (btw having two flags isnt hard just put two flags instead of one for both teams in the map that works fine as long as you dont pick up both flags at the same time which would be stupid to do because you will have an disadvantage)
]-TeamXtreme-[Aytsef{KappaSecondLieutenant}
Thanks for the awesome sig Graphiix :D
Hidden content:

Return to “Mapping Republic Commando”