Issue

Everything about custom maps for Republic Commando!

Moderators: Sanchez, RepCom Modding

Icarus
STEAM: flxrising

Issue

Post by Icarus »

Hey I just felt like mapping again and this is what I got after reinstalling all the needed stuff.
Is it possible that UnrealED doesn't work on a Windows 8 system ( using java 64bit)
Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

Re: Issue

Post by Drift »

I have exact same problem, with exact same setup.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Not sure, either it is a general incompatiblity between the editor and Windows 8 or there is a needed runtime missing.

See if you can install this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure you run the editor in Windows XP compatiblity mode as well. Additionally run the game and set the bump mapping quality to low.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Icarus
STEAM: flxrising

Post by Icarus »

thanks for suggestions and the time you spent on that

but it didn't work out...received the same error again.

@Vash: Do you run UnrealED on a Windows 8 system?
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

You need a clean install, then set Unrealed.exe to Windows XP SP2 + Administrator compatibility mode. You also need to delete a file from /System, but I can't remember which one.

Also a lot of the time it just won't work on Vista or newer versions of Windows.

The best solution is to create a Windows XP virtual machine using VirtualBox.

Most BS you read all day^
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Some people experienced that the Unreal Editor in RepCom does not work properly if there are spaces in the directory path.

Remove all the spaces and try it out. Also enable Windows XP compatiblity mode and run it as admin.

And no, I don't use Windows 8.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Post by Aphex »

When experiencing a similar problem before changing the compatibility mode and running as admin sorted it but I don't know if this is useful in this scenario
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:

Return to “Mapping Republic Commando”