Question about the WarPack grenades (please read)

Here you can talk about our SWRC WarPack!

Moderators: Sanchez, RepCom Modding

Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Question about the WarPack grenades (please read)

Post by Ironhide »

I actually wanted to make a poll about the following, but somehow Im not in the RepCom modding group anymore and can only create a normal post now. However, Ive got a question about the grenades in WarPack and would like to hear some opinions about it.

First of all for everyone who doesnt know it, these are the current grenades:
Hidden content:
1: Thermal detonator (as in retail)
2: Smoke grenade
3: Flash grenade
4: Stun grenade (reduces the player speed by 30% for a certain amount of time, the closer you are to the explosion center, the longer it lasts, from 0,1 sec to a few seconds)
With 4 types of grenades, it can be confusing in matches that you toggle in the inventory and accidently throw the wrong grenade.

I have worked on a different way now that allows you to manually set a new config like this:
Key 1: Instantly switch to thermal grenade and throws it*
Key 2: Instantly switch to smoke grenade and throws it*
Key 3: Instantly switch to flash grenade and throws it*
Key 4: Instantly switch to stun grenade and throws it*
* = more clicks throw more grenades, only one as default (as usually), you can also still use the right mouse button instead if you want.

The problem about this: It removes the default grenade inventory toggle so you cant switch grenades anymore as you did before. But that was never used in retail scrims anyway, because we only used thermal grenades. With that change happening, you can manually select your keys to throw each grenade type, and use Q to get back to thermal nades without throwing them. If wished, you can also select more buttons to reach each nade without throwing. But that wouldnt really be useful. But who wants to have that, can do it.

The advantage would be to switch to each grenade instantly and throw it much faster, once you got used to it you will be able to throw certain grenades instantly when you need them, and dont have to "search" your inventory anymore. The perfect use of this config would be the keys 1,2,3 and 4 above WASD on your keyboard. So you can easily reach every grenade and throw it when you click the button, and click it more times if you want to spam grenades.

But before I include such thing in an update, I would like to hear some opinions about it. What do you think about this? Would you prefer it? You can also post own suggestions if you have any other idea how to handle this problem. Im happy for proper feedback.

This video shows how exactly its going to work, you probably wont notice such a difference there, but everyone should see that the grenade is instantly used when the selected grenade in the inventory changed.
Hidden content:
Last edited by Ironhide on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Crimson
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: GGCrimson

Re: Question about the WarPack grenades (please read)

Post by Crimson »

I think this is a great idea since switching now can become a bit of hassle to find the right grenade for the right tactical situation.
Hidden content:
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: my internet
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: so bad recently
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: if i had
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: just 1%
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: of ur net
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: i'd have -10 ping
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: + 100MB/s download
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: :/
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: ;D
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: jelly?
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: actually
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: YES

"I don't have any problems with Vanity, he often talks the truth." - Penguin, 2013

Predator
Epsilon Commander
Epsilon Commander

Post by Predator »

Either way it might be nice if you don't spawn will 1 of each of these nades. Most maps makes the flashbang+smoke spam quite annoying when someone takes the flag. Add a stun grenade (or 2) to that spam and it should be even easier to score. I haven't tried it out yet but perhaps picking them up like sonics and EC's in retail would be better?
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Predator wrote:Either way it might be nice if you don't spawn will 1 of each of these nades. Most maps makes the flashbang+smoke spam quite annoying when someone takes the flag. Add a stun grenade (or 2) to that spam and it should be even easier to score. I haven't tried it out yet but perhaps picking them up like sonics and EC's in retail would be better?
Maybe it would even be a good idea to remove the flash nade for now and only play with stun, thermal and smoke grenades.

Btw. I reworked the flash nade a bit and the effect is completely gone after 3.25 seconds now, its getting weaker with the time so the main effect is gone after ~1.5 seconds. The map doesnt keep glowing anymore as it did before.

[17:30] [rcG]BanD1tヅ: can u post something for me?
[17:30] [rcG]BanD1tヅ: :D
[17:30] Randomhide: sure
[17:31] [rcG]BanD1tヅ: The nades need keys assigned, it really is a hassle to pick the right one for the situation. Picking more up during the entire match would be a good idea too. From some flag runs ideas I've been testing out there isn't really a good balance with 1 of each, so little bacta disprersed around. Most of the maps are SUPPPER sniper oriented so there needs to be some sort of fix ( Adding more smoke grenades ;D )
[17:31] [rcG]BanD1tヅ: ( or more bacta )
[17:32] [rcG]BanD1tヅ: thanks! :)
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Thanks Crimson for the one and only post that referred directly to my question. I included the nade key assignment in the latest WP update.

If you want to know how to use it: Click here.

Return to “WarPack”