New GFX rules - READ

Moderator: GFX Staff

Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

New GFX rules - READ

Post by Numb »

As I'm the head of the GFX section, I've decided to set up some new rules regarding ripping etc.

Rules
From now on, whoever rips a signature/artwork will be warned and placed in the Hall of Shame. We've already had several people trying to rip artwork, but as we didn't have clear rules regarding this earlier, they will stay with blank papers. If the warned member rips a second time, he/she will be banned from the GFX Team, which means you are not possible to join/rejoin.

What is ripping?
Ripping is to steal someone else's artwork, without their permission to use it. This means you can't use copyrighted material, as for example signatures, posters or banners made by others. As long as you're not the owner of the art, and the owner hasn't published it for everyone, you are NOT free to use it. What you can use, however, is art meant to be published and edited. With this I mean for example renders, stock images, C4Ds or wallpapers. Of course, downloading a wallpaper, putting your name on it and say "This is my newest work!" will also count as ripping, as you haven't really edited the picture. So use your creativity and create something on your own, don't steal work which is not owned by yourself!

*To clear this up a bit: If you are a bit confused on whether you can use something you see (e.g. a stock), then be on the safe side and don't use it. Or, if you can't find anything else to work, give credit to the person who made it in your post.

I really hope you've read this carefully and that there won't be any more cases regarding this. Thanks!

Return to “Archives”