Moderator: LoL Managers

Buttsex
LoL Member
LoL Member
LoL Name: Juckrightz

Pro as heck guide to Wukong

Post by Buttsex »

Wukong- The Monkeyking

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction

Hello there folks! When I read Numb's Eve guide I felt like I could write my own guide. I mained Wukong for a long time now ( not recently since my mainaccount was hacked :<) and I believe that I can tell you how to master this awesome champ! However I am not going to talk about Toplane since I played Wukong mostly in mid ( even in season 2).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pros and Cons

Pros +
-INSANELY high mid and lategame damage
-strong laning in mid
-not too squishy
-great gankpotential if used correctly
-high mobility
-viable kit
-his staff is like Son Goku's D:

Cons -
-needs some time to master
-is easily countered by any other bruiser
-his waveclear is not too high
-skills are not spammable

Summonerz

ImageImage
That's what I prefer. Ignite gives you extremely high killingpotential in lane. You can easily burst squishy casters and finish them with Ignite. Flash often helps you to go after fleeing enemies and and is also extremely useful to get a better position for your ult.

Image Meh. Some people tend to use Ghost after it's buff but I still rate Flash over Ghost.

Image Also really nice on Wukong. It can set up insane ganks when coordinated correctly. I would suggest you to use it in ranked 5's or in full premade matches, not in soloq.

Masteries

Even though I tend to play pretty aggressive in lane I always go 9/21/0 in masteries. This allows me to resist more poke and to build more offensive items. And yes I prefer cooldownreduction over attackspeed since you rely mostly on your abilitys and not on autoattacks.

Runes

Nothing special here. Going full ad since you do not need armor pen in runes for lategame because of your items. These runes allow you to trade a lot since you will win almost every trade because of your huge amount of AD.I take scaling MR glyps because of the 5 MR you get through your masteries.

Abilities

Stone Skin (Passive)-Increases Wukong's armor and magic resistance for each nearby enemy champion.

This ability is often underestimated. It gives you a huge advantage in early 5v5's e.g. Invades. It's not that useful in lane but hey ,it's something.It's pretty decent in lategame teamfights and the additional armor and MR allows you to build more offensive items.

Crushing Blow (Q)-Wukong's next attack deals additional physical damage and reduces the enemy's Armor for a short duration.
Wukong's next attack gains 125 Attack Range, deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+1.1) physical damage and reduces the enemy's Armor by 30% for 3 seconds.

This skill is pretty nice even though it's not the best in mid. However it gives you 300 attack range so use it to punish your opponent if he's trying to lasthit. Once you hit lvl 2 you should try to E-Q your opponent since you will deal a lot of damage. The Armor reduce also increases the damage of your ultimate but more about that later on :). Max this nice thing here second!

Decoy (W)-Wukong becomes invisible for 1.5 seconds. An uncontrollable decoy is left behind that will deal magic damage to enemies near it after 1.5 seconds.
Wukong becomes invisible for 1.5 seconds. An uncontrollable decoy is left behind that will deal 70/115/160/205/250 (+0.6) magic damage to enemies near it after 1.5 seconds.

This is your only escapetool. When mastered you can juke this sh*t out of everybody. However, if you played Wukong hundreds of times,like I did, it becomes pretty obvious when Wukong uses Decoy. You can also press S or H which looks almost the same as decoy. This also helps to mess with peoples minds. You mostly use this to stealth engage from sidebrushes,it will surprise your enemys,believe me! Max this skill last.

Nimbus Strike (E)-Wukong dashes toward a target enemy and sends out images to attack up to 2 additional enemies near his target, dealing physical damage to each enemy struck.
Wukong dashes toward a target enemy and sends out images to attack up to 2 additional enemies near his target, dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.8) physical damage to each enemy struck. Upon hitting his target, Wukong gains 30/35/40/45/50% Attack Speed for 4 seconds.

This is your Baby. You do everything with it. Engaging,farming,clearing camps,just everything. It's your most important tool in mid, hence you max it first. One of the most important things in mid is waveclearing and that's what this skills does best. You can also use this to harass. Use it on a minion if your enemy is next to it, your image will hit him! Use it as soon as you get to lane. It's extremely strong at level one. If you E your enemy and add a few autoattacks you can get him to <50% with just one ability! Use E-Q after level 2 to harass but keep an eye on your mana.

Cyclone (R)-Wukong's staff grows outward and he spins it around, dealing damage and knocking up enemies. Wukong gains speed over the duration of the spell.
Wukong's staff grows outward and he spins it around, dealing 20/110/200 (+1.2) physical damage per second and knocking up enemies he encounters. Wukong gains speed over the duration of the spell. Lasts 4 seconds.

Your ultimate. It combines insane amounts of damage with some really good crowdcontrol. This ult can decide teamfights and even games itself. It makes you a real threat to the enemy team after level 6. Try to knock up as many targets as possible but try to stick to their carries. And remember: you can cancel it! If the enemy gets out of it,cancel it and E-Q after him. Oh and another thing: if your team wants to fight and you're almost 11 or 16 get that level up before you fight! Your ult gets a lot stronger with every level. Lategame it deals almost 1k dmg per second(!).

Items

Starting Items
ImageImageImage

Your starting items. The fortitudepot is extremely strong. It gives you additional health and hence it's heal is actually >than the summoner heal,at least in the early stages. A ward is always nice to have and the four hp pots help you to sustain in lane. You can also start with 2 wards and pots only if you have a really hard time. I do not suggest Flask since it was nerfed,because it's simply too expensive.

Core Items

ImageImageImageImage

These are the items you need. Blackcleaver and Last Whisper will make your ult almost as strong as Fiddle's ultimate. The passive effect of BC actually procs with every tick of your ultimate which is extremely powerful. Why Randuin's Omen? Well you need a defensive item since you will be in the middle of the enemy team. Additionally the active effect will make it even more difficult to escape your ultimate.

I-Got-Fed-Ohlololol-Build

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Yup,that's what your build should look like with 6 items. If you reach this stage of the game you can carry almost every dumbass by just facerolling through the enemy team. Spin2win!

Why Image ?

You might be asking yourself why I chose mobility boots over Mercury's treads or Ninjas. Well, the reason is simple: You're playing mid. And what do you do as a mid player? Correct. You don't just farm you lane till 30 minutes. You clear waves and try to gank a lane. You can carry games from mid and you should be aware of that. Botlane is feeding? Well, get your f*cking sexy ass there and help them. That's what a mid player is supposed to do (short guide inside a guide(guideception D:)). These boots get you to like 430 movementspeed which helps a lot with your roaming.

Why noImage?

Some people still think that this item is viable on Wukong. If you're one of these guys then you are..well..how can I put this... You have no clue about Wukong if you still build Triforce on him. Even though it's cheaper than before it's still almost 4k gold. The nerfs make it even less viable on Wukong. Another thing is that it really only affects your Q which is not your main damage tool. You want to stack armor penetration and AD so your ultimate rips people apart.

Laning

Laning with Wukong is pretty simple. BE AGGRESSIVE! That might sound easy but you have to know how much poke you can get and how much you can deal. You will have an easy time against most casters except for the really passive ones like Anivia or Orianna. However,there are some matchups you will most likely lose simply because the champs are stronger than Wukong.

Image Well..f*ck. Khazix is probably one of the strongest picks for mid at the moment. He has more sustain than you,more burst and more assassination power. He's overall a stronger pick but I'd say that Wukong is stronger lategame.

Image He's f*cking broken.

Mid-Game

ROAM! Make use of your ultimate. That's the reason I think Wukong Top is a wasted pick. Your ultimate is a gift by the gods so use it whereever and WHENEVER you can. It's cooldown is not too high so try to gank bot and top as often as possible. Nevertheless don't sacrifice your tower for some kills! Towers > kills but also kills > some creeps. Try to force 5v5's at dragon,you will most likely win them because of your ultimate.

Late-Game and Teamfights

Try to sneak in with your W and E-Q one of their carries if possible. Ult AFTER that combo. Like I mentioned before: your Q reduces the armor by 30%. Together with the Black Cleaver and Last Whisper you can shred every armor and your damage will be over the top. Keep in mind: you're mid,not top. You're not the tanky frontline, you're a f*cking damage dealer so get in their and f*ck up their squishys.

TL;DR: Wukong mid > Wukong top. Don't pick him against Zed oder Khazix and build DAMAGE! :D
"We lose when they camp botlane"-Doublelift 2k13
Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

Re: Pro as heck guide to Wukong

Post by Numb »

Great guide there bro! I like how you explained everything. I haven't really tried Wukong in other lanes than top (where he's pretty bad) or in the jungle. Will definitely test this out though. :)
Madara
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain
STEAM: madara259
LoL Name: GM DenDeus

Post by Madara »

Well Wukong has been one of my mains last season and I really recommand to use Ghost with him because of the lower Cd and the ability to initiate team fights (as top laner).
Press ghost do your w and run into the enemies and ult.But you need to be tanky

In midlane I would indeed play him as assasin with this damage build but as top laner as off-tank it also depends on the enemies and your own team.

All in all Wukong is a strong champ,which needs skill but once you can handle him he's a real problem. (He's perfect to carry solo q matches in low elo :P)

Nice guide man.
]-TX-[Madara™{OmCpt}
Darude- Sandstorm
Buttsex
LoL Member
LoL Member
LoL Name: Juckrightz

Post by Buttsex »

Madara wrote:Well Wukong has been one of my mains last season and I really recommand to use Ghost with him because of the lower Cd and the ability to initiate team fights (as top laner).
Press ghost do your w and run into the enemies and ult.But you need to be tanky

In midlane I would indeed play him as assasin with this damage build but as top laner as off-tank it also depends on the enemies and your own team.

All in all Wukong is a strong champ,which needs skill but once you can handle him he's a real problem. (He's perfect to carry solo q matches in low elo :P)

Nice guide man.
Yeah Ghost is definitely a viable pickup for Wukong. It's more like my personal opinion since I like Flash more. And yes, Wukong is a good champ to stomp some people in soloq.

Thanks for the feedback :)
"We lose when they camp botlane"-Doublelift 2k13
Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

Post by Numb »

I like having flash since you can flash-ult over walls and totally surprise the enemy team.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Best Wukong's counter: Alistar

nice guide btw

Return to “Guide section”