Moderator: LoL Managers

Buttsex
LoL Member
LoL Member
LoL Name: Juckrightz

Pro as heck guide to LoL basics

Post by Buttsex »

Introduction
Since most of the people in this division are not lvl 30, we thought about making a guide to some basic stuff in LoL. And by we I mean mostly Samo,Numb and myself. So yeah,take me for example I never had someone to tell me how to do things right in LoL. As a result it took me around 2000 games to get to the level I'm now at. Which I would call average. The good thing for you guys is that we can actually tell you how to do important shit. In the end you have to do everything by yourself and don't get me wrong I don't want you to do everything I say. But these are just really basic things. Once Samo and me were qing together with Infi and Fram and that game was what kinda led me to writing a guide. Fram and Infi couldn't do anything and Samo and me ended up carrying so fucking hard it was just insane. And playing like this makes no sense in my eyes neither for the lower level players nor for the higher level players.

1. Farming
Farming is a thing that most of the people even at lvl 30 don't do. Farming means lasthitting the minions in your lane or in the jungle to earn gold. There are matches in which you don't get fed and go 10/0 after laning. So you have to find another way to get gold. And yeah that's by farming creeps. It needs some practice and if you ask me I'd say there is a kind of rythm to lasthitting. Lasthitting is really one of the most important and basic things in the game. Every lane needs farm,except for support even though sometimes it's good to let your supporter have some gold. That aside, farming helps you get geared which is basically what you want on every champ. Try to aim for around 70 creeps after 10 minutes. That's not really impressive but sometimes you can't get more for whatever reasons.

2. Meta
Explaining what Meta is is kinda difficult. Basically Meta means which and how many champs play on one lane. The current Meta is one jungler,one toplaner,one midlaner and support + ad carry bot. However this Meta is not forever, I remember in season one it was Ad carry mid and support + ap carry bot. But who defines the meta? Well the pro players do. Whatever they play, everyone is following. It has always been like that and I doubt that it will ever change. You can just google "Soloq Tierlist" and you will find thousands of lists telling you which champ is good at the moment. It is really helpful if you don't know where to play a certain champion.

http://www.twitch.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a nice page you can visit to watch the pros streaming.

3. Warding and Mapawareness

" I'm not warding I'm not the supporter" :>.>:
Thats's probably the most retarded thing you can say. Warding is also a really basics thing about the game. If you don't know what wards are I will tell you. They're lifesavers and they can decide games. Yes,they really can. A sightward costs 75 gold. 75. It's not much to protect your life, is it? Wards give you vision of the place you put them. You can place them in brushes or in the river or wherever you want to. Since every team has a jungler, at least normally, you're always in danger of being ganked. Grab a ward or two and tada. You'll see the enemy jungler early enough. However, wards are not that usefull if you do not have mapawareness. Riot didn't give us the minimap for nothing. Look at it as often as possible. The enemy midlaner is not there? Play defensive until you are sure that you are safe. The enemy jungler is running through your jungle with low hp? Good thing I watched the minimap and know where he's going so I can pick up and easy kill. That's all about mapawareness. It's super important, believe me. If you buy wards and watch the map you will die a lot less than usual and it will help you and the people playing with you a lot. This guide sounds really arrogant but I'm not that good at all those things. My mapawareness for example is plain horrible. But these things really help you to get better at the game :)

That's it. If you keep these basic things in mind and if you keep practicing you won't need 2k games to get to an average level :D. In the end it's about having fun that's for sure. But things are a lot more fun when you're good at them aren't they? :D Buttsex out,peace
"We lose when they camp botlane"-Doublelift 2k13
Skirata
LoL Manager
LoL Manager
STEAM: charcoaleater
LoL Name: framboiseattack

Re: Pro as heck guide to LoL basics

Post by Skirata »

Cool beans. Nice tutorial.
-Sig by War.

Hamlet Coach (1:17): yea sure, sry i took long to answer but i had to google how to talk in chat while palying, i keep forgetting
Freshou (8:06): contact me *****
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
XBOX Gamertag: lnfinitii

Post by Infinitii »

This is a very nice guide! Perhaps you could sum up what each role must do in a game? (ADC Support Tank etc.)

Also I am unsure if this helps prevent what exactly is causing me and a few other people to get in the situation where yo need to be carried, it's hard to tell what exactly is the problem, perhaps map awareness, idk

For example, how does one play defensive, and farm at the same time, heck what is playing defensive?
The prettiest colours!
Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

Post by Drift »

I'll work on that.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Buttsex
LoL Member
LoL Member
LoL Name: Juckrightz

Post by Buttsex »

Drift wrote:I'll work on that.
Nice to hear man! Help is highly appreciated guys,if anyone has any idea on how to improve our game then make a topic or whatever! :)
"We lose when they camp botlane"-Doublelift 2k13

Return to “Guide section”