Gletch app #2

All denied applications will moved to this place.
GeniuZ
Epsilon Lance Corporal
Epsilon Lance Corporal
LoL Name: Blaow der Boss

Re: Gletch app #2

Post by GeniuZ »

Want me to check my old screenshots from an old 1v1-tournament? I won 15 - 9 and 15 - 13 (tho you were playing poorly bad, spam only and shit) and you wanted a re-match but the tournament-staff denied your offer. Bad loser :P

It's no secret the only matches you won against me were at 10am on sat's and sundays :)

Oh btw., ofc there are good individuals that just suck in teambased matches, but when I remember the good guys around 2008-2010, every single one of them was good in ctf/tdm, too. A good individual player in RepCom usually was good in teambased matches, no doubt ...

EDIT:
This statement is not true. Ctf requires much more individual skill. In open maps the defender has to find the right mix of offensive and defensive in his positioning, as an attacker you have to work for a good situation to take the flag and then still the hardest part is not done - flag handling, and i dont mean flagrun but finding the right ways and killing your followers, is in my opionion the part of repcom which needs the most skill, especially in games with more ppl.

Maybe in maps as engine defending is not that hard but escaping in bigger games is.
Read my post again.

I said it is enough when you know how to flagrun - which is true. You need to know when you have to grab the flag and when to drop, where to go, how to go, etc.
Even players like ... what was his name? This old RC-guy still playing in 2009, he was incredibly bad, but he knew ctf-tactics = he was doing really good against average-players but he lost hard against good players cuz he sucked at blaster/sniper/movement.

In 2009/2010 I solo-defended against two attackers like Avelyn + Star/Habbe and I mostly killed them, cuz It took me like 12 blaster-shots to kill an enemy (I had 72 ping back then), mostly first hit-headshotted with snip. Thanks to my skill concerning weapons.
Ofc it's the mix of weapon skill and tactical knowledge, but that tactical knowledge isn't too hard to learn, using weapons correctly is.

Btw. what argumentation is that regarding A17?
I blame the map even if i win because its total dazzling bs which hurts in your eyes and is badly made - am i the worst player out there now?
Excuses! It is THE 1on1 map. Nobody forces you to like this map or 1on1's in general, nobody said you are the worst player out there. But A17 represents individual skill 1:1.

1on1's were so much more intensive in the good old days ... Skill-proving gamemode.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{CWO}«««««««««««««««««
Numb wrote:Lets play Capture the Fag: Grace runs around and u gotta catch him!
[16:41] ]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{BOSS}: give me a sec!
[16:43] ]-TX-[•nUmb™{OmSMj}: Dude.. Have you got StormSyndrome?

Storm: Das ist kein Flaming, das ist Beleidigen du Hurensohn
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Well anyway players who are not good at 1v1 will always say 1v1 doesn't show skill d vice versa, but sorry 1v1 shows the skill of the players because on map like engine you show you have a better tac than your opponent and on map like a17 you show you are aiming better and you are faster than your opponent but haters will say no niania but its actually true.

1v1 helps you to be better when you are attacking or defending. When I'm defending the difference with a 1v1 is that I just have to wait my opponent so it makes it way more easy than a 1v1, and generally I'm just bored of defending. Same when I'm attacking, thanks to 1v1 I know where I can surprise my opponent and when I'm attacking I also finally find a way to pass the defense and score.

The thing you have to learn in ctf is running when you have the flag.

I often see people who are bad in ctf and are really bad in 1v1, they are a but better in ctf because of their team, and generally people that are good in 1v1 are good in ctf.
Click for watching:
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

I'm 100% agree with you Geniuz
Click for watching:
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

I also agree to Geniuz. Actually if you master your weapons you will insta-kill your ennemies no matter how good they are and everything will get simplier, flagrun included. 1v1 show skill but I don't think every 1v1's score should be taken seriously. Sometimes i just win 15-10 to random people and during the 3 next matches i just own them 15-2 / 15-0. 1v1's are more based on luck, I mean it depends on your current map position, if you have luck or not, if you're warmed up, if you got concentration and I can promise you it's so much not deserved when incredibly bad players insta-kill you with headshot and get 3-4 kills in a row because of 1 random snipershot which somehow hits your head. I mean nowadays 95% of repcom players have nooblet movments and nades but are okay at sniping. That's annoying in the way that all their skills (movments, sniping, nades or blaster) are not at the same level.
To be sure of the skill difference between 2 players in 1v1 they'd have to play 10 matches in a row when they're both warmed up and then divide all the score to 1 match

Well anyway I think players like Legend or Geniuz or me have proven enough in this game in terms or skill to be taken serious hmm?
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

SAMO wrote:
Well anyway I think players like Legend or Geniuz or me have proven enough in this game in terms or skill to be taken serious hmm?
No we didn't, some players still think they are RC boss when they finally find a way to kill you even when you didn't play the game for 1 year when you just want to have some fun and that they play to 500% to win and say "yeah you are not that good"
Click for watching:
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

gay french wrote:1v1's are more based on luck, I mean it depends on your current map position, if you have luck or not, if you're warmed up, if you got concentration and I can promise you it's so much not deserved when incredibly bad players insta-kill you with headshot and get 3-4 kills in a row because of 1 random snipershot which somehow hits your head.
Yeap, too much BS luck in 1v1s to take one individual game score seriously. Like you have I've played games where people got 10 kills against me and then lost 15:0 3x in a row immediately after.
genoob wrote:especially on A17 where you can't run or hide.

Excuses! It is THE 1on1 map. Nobody forces you to like this map or 1on1's in general, nobody said you are the worst player out there. But A17 represents individual skill 1:1.
I have to agree with Geniuz :(

A17 is the only good 1v1 map. Anyone who thinks Engine is a good map needs to go play versus Lionheart who will literally sit in vents with ACP, 5 nades and togglebehindview for 15 minutes and not get bored. It's funny actually when shitty players think they're good, 'I GOT KILLS VERSUS YOU IN 1V1 LOLOOLOLOL U NOT THAT GOOD' when they are only killing me with 5 nades from behind on Engine, GJ. Or playing on shitty mod maps (99% of mod maps suck for 1v1, sry) and always spawn kiling or respawning and finishing you off with 3 blaster shots on retarded maps such as Jungle.
DC.LegenD wrote: that they play to 500% to win and say "yeah you are not that good"
hehe

Not mentioning names (It's Storm), but there's one player here (It's Storm) who has never gotten more than 10 kills versus me on retail but thinks he is good because he won once on a mod map. (He lost 2/3 modmap 1v1s also).

Most BS you read all day^
GeniuZ
Epsilon Lance Corporal
Epsilon Lance Corporal
LoL Name: Blaow der Boss

Post by GeniuZ »

Word at your posts, guys.

Nobody of the newer members know what "skill" in RepCom actually means. No offence - how should you? Nowadays it's all about (so called) tactics, which is just an excuse for playing in a bitchy and cheap way. All this ping boosts, Republic Blaster for both teams and other changes ... You haven't experienced RepCom on a competitive level when it was RETAIL. You couldn't just blaster anybody in like one sec. When guys like Legend, Samo and me had 68-76 ping and Vash, BlackStar, etc. 36-44, we still won Blaster fights against them, because we were ABLE TO use our blaster. We knew HOW to use it, even with such a big ping difference. THIS is skill. Nowadays you luckily aim on the right spot for one sec and your enemy is down.
I don't know if some of you played with me when I was CWO here, but back then, the ping's already have been boosted and since my Sniper was almost perfect I focussed on training my Blaster. After like one or two weeks, I killed two, sometimes three guys with one magazin (in scrims!). I barely lost HP in full life-1on1 situations, even against guys like Habbe or Avelyn.
(I don't wanna show off, I don't need to. Just wanna show what skill is about, cuz what I hear/read for years now shows me nobody knows what RepCom skill is about and then you guys talk about veterans like they did shit and just suck(ed). Inappropriate attitude in my opinion.)

The passion of RepCom players is gone. I remember newer players asking older players for special training, special 1on1 training, special Blaster training ...
They respected skill, they didn't hate around and used cheap styles of playing to win against better player. They tried to become as good as their idols. A lot of them did. Good old time :(

Anyways, don't wanna spam your application, Gletch :D

Just remember our words and decide if you want to become one of the lame or a skilled player :up:

I will be on xfire the next days, I think, add me:

xmephist0x

We can go for some 1on1's if you want.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{CWO}«««««««««««««««««
Numb wrote:Lets play Capture the Fag: Grace runs around and u gotta catch him!
[16:41] ]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{BOSS}: give me a sec!
[16:43] ]-TX-[•nUmb™{OmSMj}: Dude.. Have you got StormSyndrome?

Storm: Das ist kein Flaming, das ist Beleidigen du Hurensohn
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

^fully agreed all the posts above

Genius is right, stop spamming your appication O:)

goodluck again you posted good screenies recently
Gletchh
STEAM: Gletch123
XBOX Gamertag: GilbyClan

Post by Gletchh »

Thanks everyone for the good lucks and I agree with bits here and there with every post and I will apply is to my game because I want to become skilled like you guys. (prolly gonna be hard cause im murrican,) but I am willing to help you guys out during scrims or 2v2's if one is needed.

Touching in on the topic above, today I think they both serve different important purposes to your repcom skill. It can be argued that in 1v1's all you have to focus on in 1v1's is finding a way to kill your opponent and there is no way to train flag skill or blah blah. But there has to be a way to get to the flag in ctf matches right? What better way to make sure you can get there by being able to kill defenders? 1v1's solely train you with killing and have nothing to do with flag running though which will be the main argument of the ctf supporters which also has to be agreeable to so I can't take sides on this one, nor do I like choosing sides, but all in all, this IS just a game. Just do your job and do what it takes to get you good at every job so your prepared.

If you guys desperately wanted me to choose a side i'd have to go with ctf more important solely because they are played more than 1v1's are...
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Feel free to open a topic in Offtopic and tell your life there, or just create your own Wikipedia page about the definition of "skill". In both case, I'm not sure that Gletch give a damn about this debate so please discuss this elsewhere.

PS: I don't disagree with what has been said, just saying this is not the right place to discuss it at all.
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
HoUseTiMe
Omicron Sergeant 1st Class
Omicron Sergeant 1st Class

Post by HoUseTiMe »

A bit late but gl dude
In Memory Of «]RRP[»
Gletchh
STEAM: Gletch123
XBOX Gamertag: GilbyClan

Post by Gletchh »

Thanks man. :wink:
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Post by Aphex »

Judge wrote:Feel free to open a topic in Offtopic and tell your life there, or just create your own Wikipedia page about the definition of "skill". In both case, I'm not sure that Gletch give a damn about this debate so please discuss this elsewhere.

PS: I don't disagree with what has been said, just saying this is not the right place to discuss it at all.
Yeah agreed. This topic needs to refocus on Gletch's application now please.
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:
Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member
XBOX Gamertag: RokkaFellah
LoL Name: Beatlefield

Post by Sunny »

Who needs skill if you have SWAG?
Seriously just buy a steampunk keyboard and wear in your name a hashtag or a reversed triangle and you own da shit out of everybody. Fuck tactics or aim- and movementability.

Just wanted to say good luck :P
Hidden content:
P.S. If your amount of #swag is high, DC-17 gives you insta-accept
Angela Merkel wrote:Das Internet ist für uns alle #Neuland.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

Sunny wrote:P.S. If your amount of #swag is high, DC-17 gives you insta-accept
Before it is question of giving an insta-accept, I would like to understand what is going on with this application.

"... 1on1-Tx-server (26.06.2013) as admin and kicked another player there. "

Penguin's 1on1 server (29.06)

First screen was given to a trustworthy and reliable Veteran who transferred it to me. And second screen was sent directly to me. (I uploaded it via my photobucket account). The person also told me Gletch (or whoever it was) massively and randomly kicked people from the server.

Return to “Denied”