What do you think?

Moderator: GFX Staff

TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

What do you think?

Post by TheSold3y »

I need to get some different opinions about this.

Frontpage:
Hidden content:
Title example:
Hidden content:
So be honest, please this is serious, what do you think sucks and what is good? :)
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: What do you think?

Post by Vash »

It's solid, but actually not that special. What CMS is this for?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Vash wrote:It's solid, but actually not that special. What CMS is this for?
Our coder said he can slice the design into any kind of code for any kind of CMS and told us that wordpress is a quite solid CMS. Since I am not really into that topic which CMS is the most powerfull and has the best performance.

We'll see how the site works when its done. Even if it uses ALOT of plugins for wordpress :>

www.thegamesdatabase.com .. the current site is also made with wordpress as cms so I think anything is possible since I designed most of the stuff on my own so far.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Wordpress is a blog CMS. If you want to use that site as a gaming portal, there is much more stuff needed than Wordpress offers. You need alot of plugins to realise everything you need. With every additional plugin, the risk of security holes is even bigger, since all those plugins are developed by different people with different effort.

I suggest a CMS where you have everything out of the box. Every tried Drupal? Our new site is based on it.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Vash wrote:Wordpress is a blog CMS. If you want to use that site as a gaming portal, there is much more stuff needed than Wordpress offers. You need alot of plugins to realise everything you need. With every additional plugin, the risk of security holes is even bigger, since all those plugins are developed by different people with different effort.

I suggest a CMS where you have everything out of the box. Every tried Drupal? Our new site is based on it.
Heard of it and also saw some sites made with it. Looked quite good, though. But I do not know how it works so I have to check out how it works and what else is possible.
Graphiix
Veteran
Veteran
STEAM: Milouexotic
BATTLE.NET: Graphiix
XBOX Gamertag: Nexo Graphx
LoL Name: Graphiix

Post by Graphiix »

Soldy, to be honest, the " design " seems really perfect! I like how it is and the font used! Everythings seems to be clear, and I enjoy the fact that everythings is " away from other "

Ex: 1. Battlefield 3 2. Crysis 2 and what ever!

So; I LIKE IT!
„ « TeamXtreme
Wikkid » “
TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Thank you :)
TrucZ
MW3 Commander
MW3 Commander
STEAM: TrucZ1

Post by TrucZ »

Graphiix wrote:Soldy, to be honest, the " design " seems really perfect! I like how it is and the font used! Everythings seems to be clear, and I enjoy the fact that everythings is " away from other "

Ex: 1. Battlefield 3 2. Crysis 2 and what ever!

So; I LIKE IT!

/push :DD
Image Image
MOAB? Ofc : 187

Return to “Other”