Moderator: hife

DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Need computer help

Post by DC-17 »

Hey as you may know my computer is down and I'm using the laptop of my friend.

First of: I suck in informatics and I hope somebody can help me.

It's a dell hp and now it's messed up too.

At first, when I still could play on it, it already had a problem; everytime I "activated" it, this is what happened:

1- Screen "HP Invent" -> Normal.

2- Black screen with white text, on which there was "blablabla" and " Start Windows normally ", then time with " Seconds untill Windows starts" lead to " Start Windows normally "

3- Windows "loading" thingy, like on every computer.

Then...

4a - I would come back on that black screen and have to wait with the " Start Windows normally ", like step 2, then there would be step 3 and step (4a) again, which means it restarted continually untill 4 (b) happened, which is the following.

4b - It would start normally, I would have to chose the session etc etc and life is happy.

Now...

2 days ago, as I was playing, the computer shut down... From that time on,

what happens is the following when I "activate" the computer:

Point (1) - see above.

Point (2) - except there are also: Safe mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Cmmand Prompt, Last Known Good Configurations and " Start Windows normally ".

Then, after the Windows loading thins, there is a blue screen that appears for like 0,1 second and then it comes back to point (4a) again, and there is no end, it continues over and over to restart and to come to that black screen with " start windows normally " untill I "disactivate" the computer... Basicly there is never the session thing that appears..

I know my explanation is a bit messy but I don't know how to explain it differently.

Can someone help me? Does anybody have an idea on how to solve this? - If possible without using the recovery disk :neutral:

Thank you in advance.
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Re: Need computer help

Post by Ridley »

Well looks like your Windows installation is fucked up. A simple reinstall should do the work.
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
viva
xoxo Fanatiker
xoxo Fanatiker

Post by viva »

yep i had that serveral times aswell simply organize a cd with windowns on it and reinstall it
you can´t ban me ":D"
first sotm winner who only has paint!
**United Federation of Awesomeness**

xoxo
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander

Post by DC-17 »

Won't I lose every programs?
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

If you manage to get to your normal windows for a couple of minutes you could make some saves onto a USB stick or CD, but other wise yes, you will loose all your programms.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

I would try to repair the Window installation before managing a re-installation. Just boot from your Windows CD and after when it finds your current installation (!) press 'R' to repair.

Note: This does only work with a real genuine Microsoft version of Windows. You can't repair if you just do have a recovery version.

Btw. I'm not sure if you can use this way with Windows Vista. I know that it works fine with Windows XP.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander

Post by DC-17 »

Yea its Windows XP,

So basicly I have to put the Windows CD, wait a couple of time, and then press "R", right?
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Basically.
If you boot it you have to start Windows from the CD, meaning when you see the text "Press a button to start from CS..." you just press a button. After that it scanns through all the drivers and you just follow the instructions no the screen. When it tells you to select an installation you select your current installation and press R.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Wait untill the setup finds your currently installed Windows. It should look exactly like this:

Then press 'R'.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander

Post by DC-17 »

I didnt get the picture :/

Anyway thank you I'll give it a try if I can.

Locked.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Dc-17 wrote:I didnt get the picture :/
Fixed.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander

Post by DC-17 »

Thank you :)

I'll try it if I can :)

Locked & Moved.

Return to “General”