PROMOD IDEA AND UPDATE

General about the game.
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

PROMOD IDEA AND UPDATE

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Hey,
I think it's time to activate Promod again. But I'd like to change something: As almost everybody is used to the retail gameplay (crosshair, damage etc.) we should only assume the "Rep vs Rep" function with the according skins. Maybe Fraz or Skip can help us so that no files are overwritten. Then you can play scrims on 1337 with "Rep vs Rep" and "Rep vs Trand" on any other servers by using the same RC folder.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: when storm says brb
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: i alt tab
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: and read the news.
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: usually can get to about page 157
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: before hes back
Irony

Re: PROMOD IDEA AND UPDATE

Post by Irony »

Good idea, what about moving this topic to the "modding" forums?
Aquaz
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Aquaz »

Most of the people were just to lazy to download and install Promod, and if they did it finally, they just complained about nades, blastdamage etc.
In my opinion this modified things are the "heart" of Promod, because it's really cool to play with different settings etc.
It's like an other game. :P

But you can't do anything against peoples lazyness, so it would be a good idea to change that (especially the voices :P)
Rewentsch wrote:[17:29] ->¦wÐm¦•»Revenge!«•Vet': ich muss mal wäsche
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Ye I know but the problem is that most ppl don't want to get used to "another RC". And the other problem is that you need 2 different RC folders. So that's why I think that 1 folder and the "Rep vs Rep" function would lead to more success. We don't want to play promod like once a year, everyone should use it as nobody wants do be trando.
I need someone who can change this.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Then we should call it "PROMOD LIGHT". The "old" PROMOD shouldn't get touched, it's great!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

As you mentioned Storm, the problem is that we have 2 different folders; and that is THE main problem.

In my opinion the problem is that we need to have one and only one Promod Version, otherwise people aren't playing with the same folders and therefor can't play together, they have to download new files and when everybody ready for a match is waiting for one person to get up to date, it rapidly falls in a stress.

Being able to play Promod when opening Republic Commando is definitely the MUST, but I don't know and I doubt it's feasable, we already had that discussion.

HOWEVER, I remember playing an international mixed match at 4 am some weeks ago, on a US server. On this server, when you were Trando, you respawned with the Republic Blaster: and we didn't have to download anything or to modify any of the things in our files. So basicly we could already give blasters to trandos-
And maybe we could work out to get republic guys instead of trandos, but I think it would be quite hard to know who is your enemy and who isn't anymore, since I strongly doubt we can add new skins such as blue and red without having to make another " promod " kind of download.

What I think: like Vash said, we keep ProMod how it sees but we make a new try to vulgarise it, meaning we try to make people play it as often as possible and that we refresh our announces in all the forums.

And sidely, we try to get in touch with these US players and put blasters for trandos in 1337. Isn't that sneaky?
Aquaz
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Aquaz »

That was at the CCP server i guess? ;)
Rewentsch wrote:[17:29] ->¦wÐm¦•»Revenge!«•Vet': ich muss mal wäsche
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

It is also possible to create a sub-folder in the RepCom folder with just one game you have to launch finally, you could still join both kind of servers then, the retail and the full promod servers. I did that once with my game, but it is some months ago and I do not have all these files anymore I made for it (had to add some stuff to the system.ini etc), but if I'd find some time and motiviation, I could remake that.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

That's not needed, Iron. I talked to Skip some months ago and he told me that you "easily" can add such things without overwriting any files. This means that everyone has this promod file and if the server requests this file you can play promod and if it's not requested you can play retail mode. Same with skins. So it'd be like WP3 - they're would be just some further files included.
When we're going to publish wp4 we could add everything so that you only need to dl and install this file and can play everything with it.
So I think we have to contact Skip, maybe he can help us realising that.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
Irony

Post by Irony »

First promod was easier to handle imo, just change, took 2 secs then you went for the game. The download automatically put the game in the folder and the icons were the same.
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Unfortunately Skip is busy with his new project. I didn't talk to Fraz yet (not online atm).
-=INSTA-GOD=-
frazscotland

Post by frazscotland »

ooh jaa its very possible . its a bit of headwerk tho . what you can do is have seperate wep entries in the CTINVENTORY TXDC17Blaster TXDC17SNIPER etc for all weps in use and referenced nu static meshes (just edited copy of static meshes with diffrnt pakage name ) same for pikup meshes even red or blue Accessories !! but do this way and maps that have these meshes would appear invisible to sumone without these moded properties. the properties u would just b kald diffrnt TXProperties.u eg im clueless idea how to do the scripting tho :frown: TAg PHOBOS is clued up about this way tho and do much xperimenting like mad professor in garden shed :up:
But of course i will help as much as i can in my limited knowledge capacity :wink:
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Alright, thank you, Fraz. Maybe you can ask Phobos wether he could us.
Here's the dl-link for Promod:
http://netload.in/dateiglwvoE0q39/TX-SW ... 1c.exe.htm

I'd try to help you, but I have no idea what exactly to do. I know that you have to copy the things but not more. Hope we can do it all together!
-=INSTA-GOD=-

Return to “Republic Commando”