Mass Effect Movie coming!

Moderator: News Report

TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Mass Effect Movie coming!

Post by TheSold3y »

I am very happy to tell you that there will be a Mass Effect movie made by Legenday Pictures! I know there has been a lot of speculation amongst the fans ever since Mass Effect 1 came out as to whether or not there would be a movie, who should star in it, who would direct, would there be a Wrex sized actor, etc and I can now tell you, yes, there will be a movie! Legendary Pictures, the studio behind great films such as The Dark Knight, Watchmen, The Hangover and 300 have picked up the rights to make Mass Effect. Legendary Pictures will produce with Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni along with Avi Arad (who has been behind great films like Iron Man, X-Men and Spider-Man). From BioWare Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuck and Casey Hudson will serve as executive producers.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Mass Effect Movie coming!

Post by Ironhide »

I'm more excited about Sam Raimi's upcoming World of Warcraft movie.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Irony

Post by Irony »

I.. Hope they don't mess these up as they did with about 99% of all other Game -> Movies.
TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Ironhide wrote:I'm more excited about Sam Raimi's upcoming World of Warcraft movie.
I´m interested in that, too. But It will be a lot of work to make The Warcraft Universe into a good movie. I don't think they will be able to put it all into one movie. (Trillogy maybe?)
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

This ain't new. :-)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Oh Lord....
Almost every video game movie sucks hard. Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia are exeptions, but they're still not great. Games and Movies don't go along well. Movie-games suck and Game-movies suck aswell. I'd rather like to see a new original IP than something like a Mass Effect, WoW or Uncharted movie...
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Ridley wrote:Oh Lord....
Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia are exeptions, but they're still not great.
Prince of Persia was a FUCKING waste of time. It sucked hard.... most shitty movie ever.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Whitewolf
The Silent Observator
The Silent Observator

Post by Whitewolf »

Vash wrote:
Prince of Persia was a FUCKING waste of time. It sucked hard.... most shitty movie ever.
True.
TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Well Mass Effect is something different in my opinion. Mass Effect has one of the best storys ever and the deepest charachts any Video game ever had (Correct me if you find exceptions). But of course I think they can't make just one Movie for the first Mass Effect movie because there is so much you have to show the audiences as a director. It will be hard but it will be possible.

@ The Mass Effect Fans: Which Actors you would suggest for Commander Shepard (male) ... Joker , Ashley etc.? ;)

PS: I think Commander Shepard will be a male one.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Almost every video game movie sucks hard. Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia are exeptions, but they're still not great. Games and Movies don't go along well. Movie-games suck and Game-movies suck aswell. I'd rather like to see a new original IP than something like a Mass Effect, WoW or Uncharted movie...
(World of) Warcraft has an awesome story, there is a lot of good stuff for dozens of movies.
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Soldy' wrote:Mass Effect has one of the best storys ever and the deepest charachts any Video game ever had
Ironhide wrote:(World of) Warcraft has an awesome story, there is a lot of good stuff for dozens of movies.
Just because the games have great stories it doesn't mean that the movie will turn out great. Remember, the people that work on the movies are COMPLETELY different people than those that work on the games. As I said, in 99% of all cases a video-game movie turns out to be completely and utterly shitty.
Whitewolf wrote:
Vash wrote:
True.
I didn't say it was good. It's just one of the better video-game based movies. If you ever saw Mortal Kombat or Streetfighter you know what true suckage is...
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Just because the games have great stories it doesn't mean that the movie will turn out great. Remember, the people that work on the movies are COMPLETELY different people than those that work on the games. As I said, in 99% of all cases a video-game movie turns out to be completely and utterly shitty.
True that, but the story is one of the most important parts of a good movie, if the writers got such an awesome story which has a lot of potential it is already a good start. That does not mean the movie has to be good, but at least it is better than starting with a bad story. And Sam Raimi has already done a few good movies.
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Ironhide wrote:True that, but the story is one of the most important parts of a good movie, if the writers got such an awesome story which has a lot of potential it is already a good start. That does not mean the movie has to be good, but at least it is better than starting with a bad story. And Sam Raimi has already done a few good movies.
Well a good story script means nothing if the actual movie makers butcher it. I mean it could be possible that the Wow, Mass Effect or Uncharted movie will turn out decent or even good, but I won't keep too high hopes (such as Soldy :roll: ).
TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Ridley wrote: but I won't keep too high hopes .
Why not? Just because you MAY be disappointed? ;)
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Soldy' wrote:
Ridley wrote: but I won't keep too high hopes .
Why not? Just because you ARE ALMOST SURE TO be disappointed? ;)
yup.

Return to “Movies”