Moderator: Xbox360 Staff

Hasero
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran
STEAM: hasero

Final Fantasy XIII (13)

Post by Hasero »

Final Fantasy XIII (13)

Final Fantasy XIII​ (13) is a console role-playing video game developed and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360. Released in 2009 in Japan and 2010 in North America and PAL regions, it is the 13th installment in the Final Fantasy series. The game introduced a few innovations to the series: a fast-paced combat mechanic, a new system determining which abilities are developed for the characters called "Crystarium", and a customizable "Paradigm" system to control which abilities are used by the characters. Final Fantasy XIII includes elements from the previous games in the series, such as summoned monsters, chocobos, and airships.

The game takes place in the fictional floating world of Cocoon, whose government, the Sanctum, is ordering a purge of civilians who have supposedly come into contact with Pulse, the much-feared world below. The former soldier Lightning begins her fight against the government in order to save her sister who has been branded as an unwilling servant to a god-like being from Pulse, making her an enemy of Cocoon. Lightning is soon joined by a band of allies, and together the group also become marked by the same Pulse creature; together, they rally against the Sanctum while trying to discover their assigned task and whether they can avoid being turned into monsters or crystals at the completion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the game for a half year now and i cant stop playing it. I want to fully expand my character and discover the entire planet of cocoon. Its a big world with many options.

Does anyone besides me has this game? what do you think about it? And even better news! there's a Part 2 Coming!

Source
Wikipedia
I'm pretty good at stuff, until people watch me do that stuff
Zeta Squad
nBurbidge
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor
STEAM: nburbidge

Re: Final Fantasy XIII (13)

Post by nBurbidge »

I bought it just after release, just couldn't get into it and sold it very quickly.
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX GPU: Asus Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II OC Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz [8-8-8-24] PSU: Corsair HX750W HDD: 128GB SSD, 250GB SSD, 3TB HDD and 1TB HDD OS: Windows 10 64-Bit Mouse: Zowie ZA11 Keyboard: QPAD MK-80 Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + ModMic Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Monitor: Dell U2414h x2

Battlelog
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

I don't really get the final fantasy series so i never bought 13. worth a shot i suppose if i have any spare cash :confused:
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Pricey
Veteran
Veteran
STEAM: sinisterprice
XBOX Gamertag: MisterJPrice

Post by Pricey »

Played some of the older FF games on the PS2 with blitzball and stuff like that, think that was 10-2 or whatever. I like the games, but I would definitely wait for it to go down in price before buying.

Edit # It's available for around £13 here.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/60 ... hfilters=s
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

cool so its worth a buy then. right now im cut in a decision between FFXIII or Fable III .
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Pricey
Veteran
Veteran
STEAM: sinisterprice
XBOX Gamertag: MisterJPrice

Post by Pricey »

l3arcode wrote:cool so its worth a buy then. right now im cut in a decision between FFXIII or Fable III .
Fable 3 was a big let down for me, I completed it really quickly, you should probably try to rent or borrow Fable 3, FFXIII takes a very long time to complete and you'll get your moneys worth for that price.
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Ok thanks.

(You have a PM.)
Cal
STEAM: Nubikal

Post by Cal »

Mister Price wrote:Played some of the older FF games on the PS2 with blitzball and stuff like that, think that was 10-2 or whatever. I like the games, but I would definitely wait for it to go down in price before buying.

Edit # It's available for around £13 here.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/60 ... hfilters=s

That was FFX, a great game. X-2 not so much.

As for XIII, it is the worst Final Fantasy I've every played. 50 hours of pain, running down linear corridors, only controlling one character, spending countless hours in cut-scenes with unlike-able characters and terrible voice acting. Avoid this one.

If you do feel masochistic though, it's marginally cheaper here - http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO% ... 0XIII.html
Current MP Playlist
PC: Gears of War, Terraria, APB: Reloaded Beta, Bulletstorm
360: Gears of War, FIFA 11
iStarZy
STEAM: iStarzy
BATTLE.NET: Jack#21529
LoL Name: iFailzy

Post by iStarZy »

I have got Xiii on my Ps3 and have completed it. I actually found it to be a nice game and I got through it very fast - On Ps3 (Not sure about Xbox) you can skip the more boring cutscenes by pressing start. Very much looking forward to Xiii-2.
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

FF XIII - 2 .... not FF X IV?
Hasero
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran
STEAM: hasero

Post by Hasero »

He means final fantasy 13(XIII) part 2.

I dony skip the cut scenes im always intrested in the storyline they have for us. The FF series always have amazing stories and astonishing worlds.
I'm pretty good at stuff, until people watch me do that stuff
Zeta Squad
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader
XBOX Gamertag: Firetrap900

Post by Firetrap900 »

agreed big fan of them all :up:
Cal
STEAM: Nubikal

Post by Cal »

l3arcode wrote:FF XIII - 2 .... not FF X IV?
FFXIV is an MMO. FFXIII-2 (like FFX-2) is a continuation of that game. Although there were already 3 different FFXIII games and stories.
Current MP Playlist
PC: Gears of War, Terraria, APB: Reloaded Beta, Bulletstorm
360: Gears of War, FIFA 11
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Does it not drag it on too much?

Return to “Adventure / RPG”