Expansion packs Rip off / worthwile

Moderator: Xbox360 Staff

Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader
XBOX Gamertag: Firetrap900

Re: Expansion packs Rip off / worthwile

Post by Firetrap900 »

is there really any expansion pack that would stand up to a mmorpg expansion anyway?

U have to really compare cod to other shooters of the moment are you getting as much value as other games are offering?
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

Firetrap900 wrote:U have to really compare cod to other shooters of the moment are you getting as much value as other games are offering?
Yes BattleField Bad Company introduced Vietnam and onslaught mode.

Gears of War have relesed some content i thought some was good.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow six: Vegas 2. Map content is mostly free and some others are for extra equipment or even little more gameplay.

Ofcourse the games that still stare value is oblivion, fable 3, Fallout and many other games in this category. I think most shooter map packs. (including maps only) have been out dated they need to introduce more with it to keep up with the competition the main reason these are still bought is because there are people out there that buy anything CoD is related to (soldey :rofl: ) and they then play it over and over again. Those of us that have experiance some other games can acctually see the value for money is very low.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

Those of us that have experiance some other games can acctually see the value for money is very low.
well this isnt exactly through ive bought all 4 packs for black ops and i guarantee u ive played countless more games than you ranging from sega master system to games like wow and everquest.

i do agree tho that theses packs should include maybe a new level cap or weapons
just like what they do with wow expansions

battlefeild veitnam dosnt include onslaught mode as far i know
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Firetrap900 wrote:battlefeild veitnam dosnt include onslaught mode as far i know
these are two different DLCs.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Firetrap900 wrote:is there really any expansion pack that would stand up to a mmorpg expansion anyway?
No, but that just shows how stupid 90% of the FPS players are too waste their money for expansion packs which they think have "a lot new features".
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

To put it blunty, activision ride you for all your worth because you enjoy playing sucky games that only include 12 maps and no editor :wink:

Most BS you read all day^
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

that may be true lol but i just enjoy games tbh in any shape or form if i can afford to buy them then then happy days
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

If you have no money like me buy none of them.

I think the DLCs ruined Mw2 online for me. i want to delete them however. i don't wanna loose my money :nosmile:
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

Mw3 has released that it wont be just adding maps with its expansion it will be adding modes and spec op missions and other things this is a step in wright direction isnt it :up:
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Firetrap900 wrote:Mw3 has released that it wont be just adding maps with its expansion it will be adding modes and spec op missions and other things this is a step in wright direction isnt it :up:
Probably they'll cut out stuff from the final game and save it for a DLC which will be released 4 weeks after the the final game. :wink:
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

lol they aint that bad. they just give away £1000,000 there to some guy who won the cod xp event
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran

Post by Barcode »

Yer the DLCs are worth it to him cuz he has just got free money.

Return to “Market”