1337 suggestion

About the TeamXtreme Game Servers.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

1337 suggestion

Post by Ironhide »

I have a suggestion for 1337, since it is only used for private matches and everyone has WarPack these days, there are several good reasons to let it run in WP mode only.

-You can remove all WarPack weapons and grenades by default, which means we can play with retail weapons only in WarPack mode (of course it would be fun to test retail + smoke grenade at some point)
-Several bugs have been fixed in WP mode, bugs that nobody can deny were annoying (like reduced damage when shooting through the flag)
-Both teams would be Republic but with very different colors, I know a couple of people who always preferred that in WP
-Players who are joining 1337 are asked to join on Xfire in 99% of the cases, means they open RepCom only to play scrims, then they could open WarPack mode as well

I actually dont see anything speaking against it, its basically retail mode with republic teams and less annoying bugs, the core gameplay wont be changed.

Thoughts?
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: 1337 suggestion

Post by Penguin »

20 tick too pls

no more "skill mode" HAHAHAHAHA

and unban JB

nah srsly remove this "skill mode" BS and take Iron's suggestions.

Most BS you read all day^
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Sounds interesting, Iron. I can add that as an optional config when I have some time.
Penguin wrote:20 tick too pls
No, sorry.
Penguin wrote:no more "skill mode" HAHAHAHAHA
I don't like to get nade-spammed, so no, sorry.
Penguin wrote:and unban JB
No, sorry.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

Post by Drift »

Perhaps create rage restart filter? May only restart when the current cap amount for either side is less than or equal to 1.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Drift wrote:Perhaps create rage restart filter? May only restart when the current cap amount for either side is less than or equal to 1.
After the match I "rage restarted", before Penguin left TX, I never did that again as I promised.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Would love to see this topic not turning into a discussion about something like that since the original idea would bring quite some benefits.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Vash wrote:
Penguin wrote:no more "skill mode" HAHAHAHAHA
I don't like to get nade-spammed, so no, sorry..
This is why I + many others now see TX as a joke. Can't play the game how it came so reducing nades after 8 years lmfao...

Just saying.

Drift

Post by Drift »

Vash wrote:
Drift wrote:Perhaps create rage restart filter? May only restart when the current cap amount for either side is less than or equal to 1.
After the match I "rage restarted", before Penguin left TX, I never did that again as I promised.
Storm did it last night, but ye I agree with Iron will stop here :>

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Ironhide wrote:-You can remove all WarPack weapons and grenades by default, which means we can play with retail weapons only in WarPack mode (of course it would be fun to test retail + smoke grenade at some point)
When we first used smoke grenades it was fine but at low range we could see the names of our opponents and their health points through it. It would be interesting if the smokescreen would delete that, or if you guys can mod RC in order to disable it. So the smoke grenade would be "more" effective, in my opinion the names of the people in front of you aren't very necessary anyway.
Ironhide wrote: -Both teams would be Republic but with very different colors, I know a couple of people who always preferred that in WP
Yeah, that's cool, actually I find it easier to shoot at clones than trandos, I can't be the only one...

And by the way if you guys want a sub or want me to play and I'm not online on Xfire just send me a message via facebook :< (Noli just send me a snap of your penis and I'll come instantly)
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Drift wrote:
Vash wrote:
Storm did it last night, but ye I agree with Iron will stop here :>
Because you had to kill me although we had stopped. And it was 1:1 anyway, so why does it matter?

And yes, we could create a config for WP mode.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: when storm says brb
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: i alt tab
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: and read the news.
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: usually can get to about page 157
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: before hes back
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

Since I joined TX I actually havent played a single match in WP mode^^

So I would definitly like to play it, with or without weapons idc. Just fixing the flagstand bug would make it worth it.
Hidden content:
Can't play the game how it came so reducing nades after 8 years lmfao...
penguin please dont start this bs of "the game is supposed to be played how it came out"
if you dont want to play it simply refuse to participate in the matches that are played with it ;)
ImageImage
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Regarding skill mode: This is nothinig else than a reduced name limit and removed shotgun pickup, this can be enabled/disabled by any admin with a simple command, in WP mode or in retail, so this shouldnt even be worth discussing about.

I prepared a WP update for later today that will move all original WP content in a "classic WP mode" and will leave the default WP mode for the purpose of this suggestion.
-Basically retail mode except for the following changes:
-"new" sound files (those Vash exported 5 years ago from UT, nothing really new)
-Both teams play as republic
-Smoke/Stun grenade and WarPack weapons are removed by default, can be enabled by admins
-Flag bug removed
-HUD icons slightly changed, weapon texture have a higher resolution

I think everyone should be able to deal with those changes, they are really far away from the original WarPack version and improve the game a lot although they dont change the actual gameplay.
Crimson
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: GGCrimson

Post by Crimson »

Yes I agree we should atleast try and play a few matches since I always loved some of the new features you implemented Iron. Will these features require the separate launcher?
Hidden content:
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: my internet
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: so bad recently
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: if i had
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: just 1%
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: of ur net
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: i'd have -10 ping
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: + 100MB/s download
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: :/
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: ;D
]-TX-[•Crimson™{KaCom}: jelly?
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: actually
]-TX-[•Penguin{Vet}: YES

"I don't have any problems with Vanity, he often talks the truth." - Penguin, 2013

Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Ironhide wrote:Regarding skill mode: This is nothinig else than a reduced name limit and removed shotgun pickup, this can be enabled/disabled by any admin with a simple command, in WP mode or in retail, so this shouldnt even be worth discussing about.

Improve the game a lot although they dont change the actual gameplay.
None of these changes the core mechanics of the game, which is really good and well thought out Iron. Reducing nade limit to 1 does. I love changes that only enhance, not change. Removing bug = enhancement, same skins = enhancement, reducing nades to 1 from 5 massively changes the game play. The problem is not being able to turn it on and off, its the unwillingness of the majority of TX to do it. Storm etc are happy to turn it off...

@noli the problem is no one in TX can accept to play without it, well thats not true, just Vash and Narc actually. I already deny matches, I'm just saying this is why I can't take TX seriously anymore until you lot stop being kids and play the game in retail settings for core mechanics.

PS: I'm a lot better than you and most of the players in this clan and thats not a secret fact. So don't come with BS that I need nades to win, it only makes you look bad.

Return to “Our Game Servers”