Sine Qua Non

Post your own videos and movies here.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Sine Qua Non

Post by DC.LegenD »

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I'm still active on the movie making scene during my free time. The last video I made with my little brother, my girl friend and her little brother, is a short movie called "Sine Qua Non" for our participation to the Turbo-Film Festival (France).

In Turbo-Film Festival, the goal is to make a short-movie (5 minuts maximum) in 24 hours.
Constraints were given on saturday 17 february on 9 am, and the short movie has to be sent before sunday 18 February on 9 am.
A professional jury (French audiovisual personnalities) and a student jury (composed of 8 students from 8 differents countries and nationalities) were in charge to give 5 rewards (Best film award, Scenario award, Constraints respect award, Actor award, Student look award). One more reward (Public award) was given by the public (Selectionned short-movies were diffused on Reims cinemas and everybody could vote for his favorite short-movie).

We are very happy with the rewards of "SCENARIO AWARD" and "STUDENT LOOK AWARD" :cuinlove: :cuinlove: :cuinlove: :cuinlove: !!!!!!!!

Constraints were the following :

1) Theme: Adventure or Scapegoat or Comic
2) 3 quotes must be placed in the dialogues:
- "True victory is a victory over oneself." (Platon)
- "The only thing I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)
- "He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe." (Marc -Aurèle)
3) Object: a "lucky object" plays an important role
4) Name: The main character will bear one of the following names in reference to Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor and philosopher:
- Male first names: Aurrèle, Marcus
- Female names: Aurélia, Marcy

Have fun watching this, I added english subtitles (thank you to tell me if you see any mistakes :) ) (Sorry it seems that I can't integrate the youtube video on the forum)

Synopsis: Aurélia, penniless student despised by her father who prefers her brother, is constrained to support herself by his own means.
###################################################

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giE_nDJxs8E&t=1s

###################################################
Click for watching:

Return to “Movie Section”