TAG Client Mod

Everything about custom mods for Republic Commando!

Moderators: Sanchez, RepCom Modding

Dannny
STEAM: dannycowzz

TAG Client Mod

Post by Dannny »

The TAG Client Mod is in the most part a reskin mod which allows players to change the skins they see while playing online. This is a client mod so any player can use this mod on any server without the server installing anything.
The mod allows the player to reskin other players, static meshes (most objects and some walls) and pickups.
Such as below:
You will notice in this first picture that I've used a lava skin to denote the sniper rifle. This will make it stand out amongst other pickups.
Notice the darker walls:

The mod also includes several other features.
The player can turn off dead bodies. This will cause dead bodies to disappear instantly reducing clutter (especially helpful if you're using colourful skins). Dead bodies are also automatically collisionless, this will greatly reduce the nubmer of invisible grenades when an opponent throws a nade into a dead body.
The mod will also inform the user if another player changes their name (useful for noobs who like to change their alias while still ingame).
The mod also has a feature to clear the chat (this is automatic and continuous when activated. Though I recommend turning chat off if that is a possibility).

The mod allows the user to toggle all these features on and off and modify other settings (such as which skin set is being used) with simple console commands.
For advanced users with knowledge of modding, the mod's settings can also be modified with the UnrealEditor. You can create and import your own custom skins, and they will work with the mod.

I have chosen to use bright skins for players and the sniper rifle pickup, while using a dark skin for the static meshes. This seems to work well, the environment is less distracting, and the players (targets) standout.

I would appreciate feedback before actually releasing this mod.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: TAG Client Mod

Post by Ironhide »

Uhm, this sounds pretty nice, but after thinking about it I doubt it is a good idea. People can just put a very shiny skin to the opponents and easily spot them on all maps. That sucks in scrimmages and especially during tournament/ladder matches.

Would be great if the server could disable it, so it works on public servers, but not on private ones.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Gives an unfair advantage

I'd happily download it :nasty:

Most BS you read all day^
Drugy
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Drugy »

Yep. I agree with Ironhide especially the static meshes would be a prob.rrrr
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: btw
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: how do i move people on ts?
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: to another channel??
[14:02] ]-TX-[•Drugz™: LOL

Proud Co-Leader of ZoomBlast appreciation society!
frazscotland

Post by frazscotland »

Maybe sumthing i can immediately think of is to change the player textures to the INVISIBLE texture or the hs world vortex like predator texture . ahhh interesting haha

Return to “Modding Republic Commando”