Hangover Part II - Review

Moderator: News Report

Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Hangover Part II - Review

Post by Ironhide »

Hangover Part II is the sequel of the surprising success and award winning movie Hangover which was released back in 2009.

If you want to get a first impression of the movie before reading the review, simply watch the trailer beneath.
Story
Do not open the spoiler if you do not want to know anything about the story yet!
Hidden content:
Everyone who knows the story of the original Hangover movie will probably have more than just one déjà vu now. It is pretty much the same, someone (Stuart) wants to marry, his buddies are celebrating a stag party for him, and one of them is putting some kind of drug into their food. The following part is known as well: They wake up in a random hotel room, can't remember what happened and one of them is missing. Again they start to think about the last night and are looking for their friend (Teddy). Again they meet an animal in their appartment (this time it is a monkey instead of a tiger), later on their friend seems to be kidnapped again and they finally reach the marriage within the last second - again. Oh I almost forgot one thing, Stuart was having an affair with a hooker - once again. But at least they changed the gender of the hooker this time, you probably remember the woman from part one. Well this time it is not much of a woman.
The story is pretty funny, and so is the entire movie, but it's simply too much copied of the first part which was pretty unique - one reason why it was that successful. The second part is, as you can easily see that the story, not changing much. They just wake up in another country, another one is marrying, someone else is missing but just some smaller things have changed. But even as in the first part, Mike Tyson is appearing again and the same person has finally the idea where their friend is. Even the ending is exactly the same. They suddenly find a camera (well a cellphone this time) with a couple of photos last night, when they watch at the first photo the movie ends and everyone has the same mien as in the last seconds of Part I.

Hangover Part II is surely a funny movie to watch, it is quite entertaining, but if you expect something new and unexpected - you will be disappointed. If the first part would not exist, this film would be definitely higher rated, but since they copied so much, it is getting to predictable. I noticed myself several times thinking "I think this scene was not even recorded now, it was just an outtake of part 1".

All this does not change the fact, that this is a funny movie anyway, whoever wants to watch an amusing film - you are not doing much wrong watching this one. But a little bit of disappointment will stay.

Rating: 7/10

Best regards,
~TeamXtreme News Staff

EDIT: For all Germans: The synchronisation failed pretty much, I recommend to search a cinema which is showing the retail movie in English. Way better! :up:
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Hangover Part II - Review

Post by Penguin »

Nice review!

Most BS you read all day^
Shape
STEAM: myownlabyrinth

Post by Shape »

I thought about writing a review for this movie, too. I think you got the point. There's way too much copy and not the original charm of the first movie. In my opinion the rating would be somewhere between 6 and 7, sometimes even more 6, but it was entertaining, so I understand u.
Anyway nice review!

Edit: 2 Yvonne signatures -> WINNING!
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Shape wrote:I thought about writing a review for this movie, too. I think you got the point. There's way too much copy and not the original charm of the first movie. In my opinion the rating would be somewhere between 6 and 7, sometimes even more 6, but it was entertaining, so I understand u.
Anyway nice review!
Yeah I could not decide between 6 and 7 either. The problem is that even though they copied a lot, it's still really funny! If you just rate the entertainment, you have to give it 8-9 points, but because they copied a lot I removed 1-2 points.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Shape

Post by Shape »

Ironhide wrote:
Shape wrote:I thought about writing a review for this movie, too. I think you got the point. There's way too much copy and not the original charm of the first movie. In my opinion the rating would be somewhere between 6 and 7, sometimes even more 6, but it was entertaining, so I understand u.
Anyway nice review!
Yeah I could not decide between 6 and 7 either. The problem is that even though they copied a lot, it's still really funny! If you just rate the entertainment, you have to give it 8-9 points, but because they copied a lot I removed 1-2 points.
can sign this! nice statement, in my opinion entertainment is really important, in many reviews this is not mentioned.
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

Having seen this i think it is a great movie. Ok bit of copying but they knida had to to make is a second movie in the series. Honestly i think
8/10 :up:
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

I couldnt agree more with ironhide, the synch. was simply shit.
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.
VAsH wrote:[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.
Shape

Post by Shape »

Lionheart wrote:I couldnt agree more with ironhide, the synch. was simply shit.
srsly: synchro is always shit!
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Shape wrote:
Lionheart wrote:I couldnt agree more with ironhide, the synch. was simply shit.
srsly: synchro is always shit!
indeed, if you have a look at Pirates of the Carribean 4 you get an other proof.
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.
VAsH wrote:[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.

Return to “Reviews / Previews”