Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

Moderator: News Report

Shape
STEAM: myownlabyrinth

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

Post by Shape »

Hidden content:
Transformers: Dark of the Moon trailer
I just came home, fresh in my head: The new blockbuster Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon! There are two ways how you can go with your review: The first one is to enjoy the movie, sleep one night or more and reflect it in your head; the second one is to be so flashed by the movie that you have to write your thoughts immediatley down on paper, which was the way I took.
Just let me remind you: The two previous Transformers movies box office is around 1.500.000.000 US-Dollar! So there was a huge financial pressure on Michael Bay & Co, but let me promise you: Transformers: Dark of the Moon will get in the same [or a higher] category as the previous movies.
But let's start now:

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is not only the best entry in Michael Bays Transformers saga, it's also one of the best action movies of the year so far!
It seems like Michael Bay did many things right! I can just remember the second movie, just action, no sense, no style, 'Revenge of the Fallen' just SUCKED!
So I was excited about TF3 and if Michael Bay was able to take that challenge.
Well he did. The first point I want to name is the well written script. The script from Ehren Kruger fits perfectly to Michael Bays directing style and the new part about it is that the characters, especially the supporting characters seem to fit in the whole story!
Let me just name a few strange supporting actors, who I really enjoyed: Ken Jeong, Patrick Dempsey, Alan Tudyk and of course the always-funny-guy John Malkovich! So with these guys there were added really lots of funny moments, which was really entertaining!
Megan Fox, who flamed Michael Bay as 'Hitler on set', finally got fired by Steven Spielberg himself [what a honor]! Seriously guys, even if she was hot, who wants to have such a bitch on set, you recognize it if the atmosphere wasn't that good, believe me!
Well, not much time later, Bay founds an alternate, who has to play the female assistant of the main character Sam Witwicky [Shia LaBeouf]:
Victoria's Secret angel Rosie Huntington Whiteley!
The didn't show an oscar-performance, so I...... What the **** ?!
This shit is not interesting in a Transformers movie! Hell, we want a sexy woman with sexy moments and: She did it very good, 'cause she's beautiful guys!
But let me continue with the main argument to watch Transformers: Dark of the Moon:
The action-sequences were just jaw-droppingly impressive! The movie's opening with a fight from Autobots vs. Decepticons and it's really epic, but that's just ONE short sequence and there are a few more. Let me say: The last 45 minutes are just awesome and it'll take it's time to see so much action, so well composed again on screen!
I'm sure next year in Academy Awards time the FX-departement won't be forgotten, or I'll kill them all!
Even if there are quick sequences, we get also awesome slow-mos with beautiful composed music!
I just have to add that the 3D is AWESOME! My opinion is that it's with Avatar one of the best 3D movies til now and you can see they used the same technology like James Cameron used.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon may seems to be a little long at some moments, but I enjoyed the movie and think it'll be one of my favorites 2011! It's the best Transformers movie and Michael Bay did almost all things right.
You should definitley watch this movie, I can fully recommend it to you!
So enjoy it and let me know your opinion!

-Shape
Crazy
Veteran
Veteran
STEAM: TxEfaitZ

Re: Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

Post by Crazy »

I will watch it tomorrow !
I'm sure I won't be disappointed =)
Hidden content:
^0Tx'^6C^0rAzY: OMG
^0Tx'^6C^0rAzY: I HATE FRENCH
^8Tx'^3L^8iOn: LMAO
^0Tx'^6C^0rAzY: SUCH STUPID FAG
Nuke ? Ofc : 101
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

As I already watched the movie, Michael bay focused on action & effects again. It's a fine movie for guys who don't care about deep storys and plausible plots but whatever. Go and watch it! Just because these effects are really awesome!
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

TheSold3y wrote:As I already watched the movie, Michael bay focused on action & effects again. It's a fine movie for guys who don't care about deep storys and plausible plots but whatever. Go and watch it! Just because these effects are really awesome!
That.
The sotry is completely over the top and makes no sense at all.
But wehn you go see a Michael Bay movie, you just don't care about that. You want the hard cuts and big explosions :wink:
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
WiNdeLwaLkeR
STEAM: Windelwalker

Post by WiNdeLwaLkeR »

I' watched it yesterday in 3D ....

it was just AWESOME!
you guys have to watch this film! :cuinlove:
Shape

Post by Shape »

Just to make some things clear:
The Transformers saga is not about a deep and complicated story.
But I would disagree with you two ;). I think the story's working fine and you never feel like there's something wrong. It's a typical blockbuster. The story makes sense, even if it's simple-minded. But senseless means something else for me, so tell me: Where is it senseless?
As I wrote the screenplay fits to Michael Bays directing style and I think he made his best Transformers movie, even with the story! But I can agree with you when you say the story is kind of over-the-top, that's true.
I didn't call it negative, because I don't think it's important in this movie, you can enjoy it, as i did and you don't think [well I didn't]: Oh this story is so bad, but the effects are great.
In this case I would recommend you to enjoy the cinematic feeling more. What are movies about? What's a good movie for me? A good movie is a movie who's entertaining! That's what Transformers: Dark of the Moon did.
-Shape

p.s. @Ridley, Soldey: Had to say that: It's something like my releationship to the cinema. If a movie takes the challenge to entertain me and I never get 'out of the movie', it's working very good! :)
luv u guys
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Transformers fits good in the recycle bin. Shitty story, shitty characters, shitty actors... the only reason to watch the latest part, Megan Fox, has been removed. So why wasting time?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Shape

Post by Shape »

I see the Tarantino in you Vash! :D
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Shape wrote:I see the Tarantino in you Vash! :D
Quentin Tarantino is the most gucking awesome director! I even got a Pop-Art drawing from him over my desk here. I simply love his matrial-arts movies!

Every single title is great:
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Death Proof
Ingloruis Basters
Shape

Post by Shape »

He IS epic!
Rory.
MW3 Division Commander
MW3 Division Commander
STEAM: Tx_Rory

Post by Rory. »

Vash wrote:Transformers fits good in the recycle bin. Shitty story, shitty characters, shitty actors... So why wasting time?

Same opinion ... I've watched it, it was like more than 2 hours long and it wasn't even interesting :neutral: ...
A school rockstar!
In memories of Echo
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

To be honest Rory i'd of thought it would be right up your street.

Most BS you read all day^
Atti.
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Atti. »

Vash wrote:... Megan Fox, has been removed. So why wasting time?

:lmao:
Well... I dont like Transformers so I wont watch it.
Rory.
MW3 Division Commander
MW3 Division Commander
STEAM: Tx_Rory

Post by Rory. »

Penguin wrote:To be honest Rory i'd of thought it would be right up your street.

I didn't want to watch it . My cousin and i watched it too 'cause i had nothing else to do :slash: ... My favourite movie genre i like is horror .
A school rockstar!
In memories of Echo
Shape

Post by Shape »

Rory™ wrote:
Penguin wrote:To be honest Rory i'd of thought it would be right up your street.

I didn't want to watch it . My cousin and i watched it too 'cause i had nothing else to do :slash: ... My favourite movie genre i like is horror .
Tbh there are so many crappy horror movies and: if you want to watch Transformers, you're expecting action and entertainment: THIS IS WHAT TF3 delivers, so? If you say I'm wrong than u don't know what action is!

Return to “Reviews / Previews”