Comic Con 2011

Moderator: News Report

Shape
STEAM: myownlabyrinth

Comic Con 2011

Post by Shape »

Hey guys,
I know it's already a few days too late, but because I was on vacation, I now write about some panels of this year Comic Con in San Diego.
Of course it will contain panels from Chuck, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Nikita, Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Dexter and some more! So check this out the next days!

-Shape
Shape

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

Post by Shape »

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES PANEL

Ye guys, I know it's hard for you to hear that the start of my Comic Con panels is Vampire Diaries, but in fact it's really highly expected and was one of THE highlights of this year Comic Con.
First I have a clip, which gives fans of the Mystic Falls bunch the chance to catch up on the two first seasons’ best moments, plus offers a glimpse of what’s coming up for Elena & Co next season.
Just sit back and enjoy it, as far as you can!

Also there are of course more than just one previews of the upcoming season 3.
Check out another teaser of it. It contains footage of the previous season. Anyway it's well done and just makes us wait more for september 15th.

But what's Comic Con about? Comic Con is about meeting the stars of your shows and enjoy interviews with maybe spoilers or just funny moments.
IGNentertainment released two Comic Con interviews with Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev!

Interview with Ian Somerhalder (Damon Salvatore)

Interview with Nina Dobrev (Elena Gilbert, Katherine Pierce)

Interview with Paul Wesley (Stefan Salvatore)

Hope you enjoyed reading it and don't miss the season premiere of The CW’s Vampire Diaries on Thursday, Sept. 15 at 8/7c.

-Shape
Shape

Game of Thrones

Post by Shape »

GAME OF THRONES PANEL

The second panel I'll look at is Game of Thrones. HBO started the series just this April and it already has a huge fanbase, simply because it's one of the best tv-series of all time. The second season already was announced and is in-production. No wonder that it had an own panel at this year Comic Con.
First a 6 minute clip of what happened in season 1.

SPOILER WARNING! Don't watch it, if you haven't seen season 1!

At the end of my report of this panel I'll post a youtube-video from the whole Game of Thrones panel, but first a peek [source TVline.com] of it.

* The casting of fan favorite Jason Momoa actually came from fans.
The producers couldn’t find the right guy for the role until they stumbled upon a fan suggesting the actor on a message board. ““No offense, I hadn’t heard of you before,” said executive producer David Benoiff. “I hadn’t kept up on my Baywatch.”

* Why does author George R.R. Martin like to kill off beloved characters?
“It keeps you on your toes,” he replied. “I want people emotionally involved in my story. … I want readers to be afraid to turn the page, not knowing who’s going to live and die.”

* The Season 1 DVD and Blu-ray release won’t have any deleted scenes, sadly. “We didn’t really have any deleted scenes,” said executive producer D.B. Weiss. “We pretty much used everything we shot. It was an ambitious and challenging schedule.” But that doesn’t mean fans can’t expect some treats on the DVD release like Jason Momoa’s audition, featuring the “dance that won him the role.” EP David Benoiff pointed out that the dance wasn’t even in the actual scene, but Momoa went for it, ripping his shirt open before.

* If the show is lucky enough to get to a third season,
it will not correspond with the books at that point, revealed Benoiff. It’s “too big to do in one season,” he explained. Whatever happens, the Battle of Blackwater will be in the show even if they have to collect fan donations to fund the epic scene. “We’re going to pass my hat around to get some extra contributions,” joked Martin.

* Does Martin feel pressure to give fans a proper ending and “not pull a Lost,
” one fan asked. “I guess I am concerned about the ending,” he replied, who singled out the end of “Lord of the Rings” asa great ending. “I certainly hope that the ending will tie together. Hopefully, it will make some people happy. I’ve always been a fan of the bittersweet ending. I’ve said to people that’s what to expect.”

* Don’t ask Kit Harrington who Jon Snow’s mother is.
“I have no idea,” he said. But he was more than happy to share his dream ending for the end of the book series. “I want Jon Snow to be on the throne. That’s the brilliant thing. It’s so up in the air. Who knows who’ll be sitting up there, who’ll be dead and who’ll be alive.”

All in all the cast and crew didn't tell that much about season 2, but check out the full 40 minute panel of Game of Thrones!

SPOILER WARNING! Don't watch it, if you haven't seen season 1!

Season 2 premiere is not known by now, but in-production since July.

-Shape
Shape

The Walking Dead

Post by Shape »

THE WALKING DEAD PANEL

Hey guys, this is the third part of my Comic Con 2011 series. It's about The Walking Dead. You don't know it? Well you definitley should!
The Walking Dead is a tv-series about some people, who live in a zombie-world and try to survive.
The first season was a surprising success, so it was just a question of time to see the announcement of the second season.
The AMC series also got its own Comic Con panel, so check out a first trailer of season 2 of The Walking Dead!

Just like the Game of Thrones report, I've a TVline.com peek of the highlights of the panel:

The Write Stuff | Fans of TWD need not worry about the behind-the-scenes writer’s room switch-up that happened once Season 1 wrapped. As Frank Darabont reassured the Con audience, “No, we’ve got people coming to the table going, ‘Wow, we love this and we want to be a part of it,’ and that’s a really cool thing.”

Zombie U | Calling all potential extras: EP Robert Kirkman revealed that there is “a zombie school in Atlanta” where the series’ walking undead prep for episodes. How cool is that?

Art of the (Tiny) Tease | As expected, the Walking Dead cast was extremely tighted-lipped when it came to Season 2 spoilers. Sarah Wayne Callies did part with this little gem: “The scripts this season are unprecedented…. the best TV scripts I’ve ever seen.” She added, “This season really shows that the most dangerous things out there are the monsters inside.”

Life After Death | Following Andrea’s tragic loss in Season 1, Laurie Holden reveals, “Every character is pushed to the max this year. People are going to be so thrilled. The writing is so superb and every script is gold.”

Check Your Ticks at the Door | Hollywood ain’t as glamorous as it seems, folks. According to Steven Yeun, “You wake up, you do a tick check, you go to work, you take it all in, you sweat your butt off, you come home, you do another tick check.” Don’t believe him? Try this little anecdote on for size. “One of them climbed my mountain,” he says, “and planted a peak on the top of my mountain!”

Manly Man | Norman Reedus’ favorite part of this Dead gig? “Dude, I run around with a crossbow and shoot zombies.”

Leaps Jeer | Darabont promises that Season 2 “picks up about five seconds in an overlap with the first season’s finale — so none of this bullsh-t ‘six months later’ stuff.”

Dream Cast | No matter what new characters lie in the series’ future, Kirkman has one man in mind to tackle a role: “Ed O’Neill, Ed O’Neill, and Ed O’Neill.” And since Mr. O happens to be busy at the moment as a Modern Family man? “My second go-to is John Stamos.”

Stunt-tastic | This cast is more badass than you originally suspected, in that they do many of their own stunts, too. “I did pretty much all of my stunts, besides bringing the horse down,” Andrew Lincoln revealed. Adds Jon Bernthal, “It’s an incredibly game group of actors and we go for it as much as we possibly can. We’re all kind of banged up and bruised.”

Big Little Man | Love the youngest Grimes guy, Carl? Well, get ready for Season 2 goodness from actor Chandler Riggs, says Callies. “I was brought to tears by how proud I am of him. He did a scene the other day that I can’t tell you anything about, but it will take your breath away. He is going to blow your mind this year.”

Rick’s Rocky Road | Fans of the graphic novel stories are aware of the twists and turns Rick will encounter. But when will they make their way into the series? “The plan is to get there, but we have to take our time,” Kirkman offers. “The plan is not to rush, just like I did in the comic book series.”

Check out the full Walking Dead panel below:

Premiere of season 2 of AMC' successfull tv-series The Walking Dead is set on October 16, 2011!
Shape

The Secret Circle

Post by Shape »

THE SECRET CIRCLE PANEL

Oh yeah guys, *rolling eyes*... I know what you want to say:
"No another 'Vampire-Diaries-Twilight-Teenie-Story', please not!"
But the answer is: YES, another Teenie-Story from the creators of the successfull Vampire Diaries series. The CW brings you 'The Secret Circle', just like Vampire Diaries based on a book series by Lisa J. Smith.
Well it's not about vampires, but about witches this time.
There is already a preview of the first season with an explanation of the story, so check it out:

A look-behind was released right after Comic-Con this year!

Also there are a few interviews, check them out if you're interested!

Interview with Britt Robertson:

Interview with Phoebe Tonkin:

Interview with Thomas Dekker:

Interview with Natasha Henstridge:

Just like the third season of The Vampire Diaries 'Secret Circle' will premiere on September 15th!

-Shape
Shape

Re: Comic Con 2011

Post by Shape »

Laaaaaaaaaaaadiiiiees and Gentelemen....
The time has come... to announce you a tv-series, as epic as The Lord of the Rings, as well-written as Inception, as beautiful as Black Swan, as funny as The Hangover and as AWESOME as JOHNNY DEPP, will come back for their final season! Please jump in the air, kiss the monitor and turn the music on!

Here's the
Hidden content:
COMIC CON 2011 PANEL OF 'CHUCK'!
!!!Little information for guys, who didn't watch season 4 and the previous ones (just like Pacio, haha):
This report is FULL of spoilers for season 5! So: DO NOT READ IT!!!

Ye guys, I know: Thanks to the awesome fanbase of NBC' Chuck, they confirmed to make a final season 5 for Chuck.
And we got a lot of promises:
A Break-Up, A Big Death, A Star Wars Vet, An Epic Finale, A Finale with 'much heart'.
Sounds great, right? Of course it does!
With the announcement of season 5 we got many happy faces, but sad faces too. The last season of this awesome series. That's kinda sad and a place for me to post a sad smiley:
:frown:
But: Don't be sad and be AWESOME instead. We still have some episodes in this final season, episodes, which are going to blow off your mind!
To be honest: Every single episode with Yvonne Strahovski, Zachary Levi & Co is AWESOME! So: Happy Smiley:
:up:
But lets come back to this year Comic Con! First a little interview from IGNentertaining with Zachary Levi and Joshue E. Gomez.
These two guys are just so funny!

Guys, GUESS who'll be guest star in season 5?!
It's LUKE SKYWALKER! Mark Hamill is joining the incredible 'Chuck' cast! The force is with Chuck! Well we knew that before, just saying it....

TVline.com released an interview with some cast members of 'Chuck', talking about the last time on Comic Con:

OF COURSE we have another interview just with Yvonne Strahovski (well.... just imagine the interview-fag isn't there :D):

Well Adam Baldwin alias John Casey must have his own place here too, so check out an interview with him (and Zachary in the background):

Tank and bazooka :D Hell yeah!

A few answers from the Chuck panel, collected from TVline.com

The Break-Up | Avert your eyes now, Jeffster fans: “This is the season where it all falls apart between Jeff and Lester,” Fedak reveals. “It’s going to be a great war and…very dramatic.” Of course, before all is said and done, “We’ll definitely do another Jeffster number before the end of the year. They’ll go out with a bang.”

Casting Scoop | “We have a couple big bad guys that we don’t want to reveal just yet,” Hamill included, Fedak shared. As for General Beckman’s place in Team Bartowski’s new world, “Bonita [Friedericy] is still very much a part of the show,” Fedak maintained.

Job Security | While Fedak promises that “the Buy More is still very important” this season, Vik Sahay (aka Lester) has just one major concern: “I just hope this season that I get some scenes in the actual show.” Preach!

Gloom and Doom | “Someone might not survive this season,” Fedak warned of Chuck‘s final go-round. Such possible loss, he said, “will be big.”

Awesome Endeavor | Previewing Captain and Mrs. Awesome’s Season 5 adventures, Fedak said, “Now Ellie knows about Chuck’s spy life, so it’s much more of a family business.”

Mama Drama | Nothing is set in stone just yet, but Fedak says, “I’d love to have Linda Hamilton back on the show. It wouldn’t be the show without bringing Mama Bartowski back one more time.”

Super Spinoff | When asked if a Chuck offshoot is even the most remote possibility, Fedak’s response surprised us all. “Definitely,” he offered. “I love the idea that the end of a show is just a prologue for another adventure.” So, there’s hope for that Morgan/Casey/Odd Couple thing afterall.

Dream Weavers | Everyone’s got an opinion about how Chuck should wrap things up in its final season — even the cast. How should it all go down, Zach Levi? “Awesomely,” he offers. Said Ryan McPartlin, “I would like a feature trilogy,” while Sahay wants to see Lester “go out with a glorious death — preferably in slo-mo.” Scott Krinsky (aka Jeff) thinks there somehow “needs to be a baby Jeffster by the end of the show to carry on the legacy.” Some of the cast, though, are actually still holding out hope for more Chuck to present itself. “I’m still not convinced it will end this year,” Baldwin mused. And when asked how he’d like to see it end, Gomez simply replied, “I don’t.”

Curtain Call | An emotional Levi wrapped up Chuck‘s final Comic-Con appearance by thanking the fans with a tearful send-off, his voice cracking with emotion at times: “You guys are so epic, so awesome. All of the time and the money that you spend… you took energy out of your lives, and I just want to thanks.”

Finally we got a funny exclusive video!
Season 5 of NBC' CHUCK premieres this fall on Oct. 21, Fridays 8/7c! Shape and Penguin will write reviews for each episode of this final season, so check them out!
See ya next time!

-Shape

Return to “Movies”