Uninstalling Warpack

Moderator: hife

Slinksta

Uninstalling Warpack

Post by Slinksta »

Could someone please make an uninstaller for TX Warpack 6? It's really inconvenient to have to reinstall republic commando entirely...

It would also be nice if you would back up the player's files before installation. It's very annoying to have your stupid intro replace the standard one I've become so used to seeing...
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: Uninstalling Warpack

Post by Vash »

Slinksta wrote:Could someone please make an uninstaller for TX Warpack 6? It's really inconvenient to have to reinstall republic commando entirely...
As I wrote in the other topic:
Vash wrote:
Slinksta wrote:How do I remove this after I've installed it? I mean no disrespect, but this just isn't my cup of tea...
You actually can ignore the new desktop shortcut and keep playing the retail mode. WarPack does not change the original game files. And I doubt you have problems with your disk space.
Slinksta wrote:It would also be nice if you would back up the player's files before installation. It's very annoying to have your stupid intro replace the standard one I've become so used to seeing...
The new intro does only come if you start WarPack. If you play retail game mode, you will still see the retail intro. So where is the problem?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Pacio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pacio »

I think you gotta go to the ''Star Wars Republic Commando'' folder and there will be the shortcut ''Uninstall Warpack''. This worked for every WarPack, though I'm not 100% sure it will work for this one, just try.

Computer -> Disk C -> Programs -> Lucasarts -> Star Wars: Republic Commando
Vash wrote:
Slinksta wrote:It would also be nice if you would back up the player's files before installation. It's very annoying to have your stupid intro replace the standard one I've become so used to seeing...
The new intro does only come if you start WarPack. If you play retail game mode, you will still see the retail intro. So where is the problem?
Not for me then. Even when I launch the retail mode I got the TX intro.
But I don't think it's such a big deal...
RTG COUNTER: 113
Hidden content:
Epic moments with epic team mates!

]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: and btw
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: tea is not that great all in all.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: now you've crossed the line
---------------------------------
]-TX-[»ApFeL: u like that expression
]-TX-[»ApFeL: seriously
]-TX-[»ApFeL: gtfo
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: srsly
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: gtfo
Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.
NOW DANCE, FUCKER, DANCE!
Slinksta

Post by Slinksta »

Thanks guys, I didn't find the uninstaller, but as Vash suggested I'm just using the retail version of republic commando. I thought you had to start from the warpack shortcut :P I was at a loss as to what to do before, but thanks for the responses!

Return to “General”