Call of Duty: Elite

Moderator: News Report

Shape
STEAM: myownlabyrinth

Post by Shape »

The last few posts and topics here in Team Xtreme forums were about Battlefield 3, but don't let us forget the direct opponent on market to Battlefield 3: Modern Warfare 3.
You saw these two video clips for sure, but here are they again to refresh your mind:

The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 singleplayer:

The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 survival:

I think you should not underestimate CoD, because after Black Ops, which kind of failed in my opinion, now InfinityWard comes back and they didn't disappoint me with Modern Warfare 2. And even if Modern Warfare 3 seems not to bring so many changes to us comparing with its antecessor, I'm just excited about the story continuing, the multiplayer, new maps and great matches.
I guess I am about to buy me Modern Warfare 3 instead of Battlefield 3, just because I loved Modern Warfare 2 and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Also there's something new. With the release of MW3, we'll get Call of Duty: Elite. Well Call of Duty: Elite is basically a social network just for Call of Duty players, it makes the communication between players much more easy, gives you cool extras - mostly free.
You can join groups, make the joining of a clan much more easy with using this feature, you can puplish feeds and compare to other players and see how you do against them. Also you can anylize your gaming style, maybe find your weak points, so that you can train them to get better. Of course you get detailled information about weapons and maps and all extras.
There are many more features, like sharing your best moments with your friends and the workflow between Youtube and Facebook.
Also it was released that Ridley Scott himself will shoot some videos for the online-service Call of Duty: Elite, so be excited about an awesome Hollywood director taking care of the videos!

For a first look at it check out the video 'The Legend of Carl' :

You can also register to try out the Beta-Version if you have a XBox LiveAccount or Playstation NetworkAccount. The PC-Account Beta will be available soon:

See you soon.

Shape
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Re: Call of Duty: Elite

Post by Ridley »

Shape wrote:I think you should not underestimate CoD, because after Black Ops, which kind of failed in my opinion
It was only a fail on PC. On PS3 and 360 it sold millions and millions and still is the most popular online game. And since Activision doesn't really need the PC, that's all they care for :wink:

And btw, CoD Elite will require a monthly/yearly subscription fee. It's only free as long as it's still in Beta testing.

Also, considering what you get with CoD:Elite is bascially a free service with all Halo games, it's just another easy way for big ol' Bobby Kotick to take a bunch of cash out of the consumers' wallets :wink:
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader
XBOX Gamertag: Firetrap900

Post by Firetrap900 »

It was only a fail on PC. On PS3 and 360 it sold millions and millions and still is the most popular online game
agreed bought all the map packs so far the last one (the zombie one) is brilliant
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Paying such ridiculous prices for map packs.

Cod community =
Hidden content:

Most BS you read all day^
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

i wouldnt say there waste a money at all i get about roughly 24hrs worth of play for about 10 pound thats pretty good considering these things would cost u more/same for less time of enjoyment

Cinema
Takeaway
renting a few films for the weekend
going to gym in some cases cost nearly as much

so really if you like the game which is as was said above the most popular shooter for consoles at the minute then why wouldnt it make sense to just pay the lousy tenner and get the 24hrs enjoyment
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Because EA are money grabbing assholes who charge you £10 for 4 MAPS!!!

It's the principle of not being ripped off.

I'd rather just not give them any money and play a game where I can get as many maps as I want for free.

Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

i understand theres other games offering it maybe for free but if you looked at everything like that we would have not bought any game ever and just played free demos and free games because why pay for a game at all if theres free games out there.

I pay for the maps because i enjoy them and because its such a good game its worth it. there 4/5 maps that they offer are of the highest qualityu build and even alone would be better than any game that offers maps for free in most cases

and as i said its only a tenner live a little i go through 10 pound in 2 days on cigarettes alone lol
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Penguin wrote:Because EA are money grabbing assholes
Wait, where does EA come from now? :confused:

But yeah, I gotta agree with Penguin. 15€ for a mappack is way too much. I mean for 12€ you get full expansions for games like Mass Effect 2 or Fallout 3.
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

yeah its just a matter of opinon personally i would prefer theses map packs over such expansions but it all comes down to how much you like the game in question
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Ah ye, I meant Activision.

Usually when I have to rant about something related to games and money EA are involved.

These map packs are just silly though, the only reason they can do it is because people are stupid enough to buy them.

For example, look at BFBC2 veitnam, I recently bought that for about £10. This adds, loads of maps, new vehicles, new weapons and new awards.

Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

i have that expansion it offers

4 new multiplayer maps
15 veitnam weapons which are mostly copys of the orignal game just look different
6 new vechiles

Also you say EA are ripp off and this is made from EA

Black ops offers

4 multiplayer maps
1 zombie multiplayer map
a few new weapons in the zombie mode
acheivments
Easter egg hunt in each zombie map
also the newest pack offers a frre zombie soundtrack consisting of 19 heavey metal songs and an xbox theme desktop

Uve just been owned considering u bought the bfbc2 expansion and it just much the same and to make matters worse u bought it from EA
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

anyhow im waiting for my beta invite for the elite thing
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Not really. It adds much more weapons, different from the game.

4 multiplayer maps, seriously, it has way WAY more than 4.
Uve just been owned considering u bought the bfbc2 expansion and it just much the same and to make matters worse u bought it from EA
Yeah but I did not get ripped off, EA are not that bad.

4 multiplayer maps - FAIL
1 zombie multiplayer map -LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
a few new weapons in the zombie mode - SO MANY :3
acheivments - obv console gamer then
Easter egg hunt in each zombie map - WOW!!!!
also the newest pack offers a frre zombie soundtrack consisting of 19 heavey metal songs and an xbox theme desktop - omg :3, so on PC or PS3?

Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

4 multiplayer maps, seriously, it has way WAY more than 4.
i got my info of the offical bfbc 2 website so yess 4 maps only!!!
Not really. It adds much more weapons, different from the game
no only really new weapon is flamthrower (i do have the game)

the songs go on your pc and ps3 copy would have a suitable theme aswell

OBVIOUS

the rest is eual to bfbc2 expansion only with added zombie mode map which are awesome
Yeah but I did not get ripped off, EA are not that bad
now your going back on what u previously said :lmao: :lmao:
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Battlefield VIetnam offers much more content for the same price than a CoD mappack. I think we can pretty much consider that a fact.

But well, people who are really passionate about a game don't care for the pricetag. They will buy a 15€ mappack no matter what.
For gamers who play CoD once in a while that might seem ridicolous, but those who spend a lot of time playing CoD online will surely get their money's worth :wink:
Firetrap900
Xbox 360 Section Leader
Xbox 360 Section Leader

Post by Firetrap900 »

ok agree to disagree lol

Return to “News Talk”