New mappack release announcement

Everything about custom maps for Republic Commando!

Moderators: Sanchez, RepCom Modding

Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

New mappack release announcement

Post by Ironhide »

Hello guys,

I decided to put all of my new maps and some others into a new mappack published by RC. Some of these maps are really awesome and also include some additional content.

Release trailer:
I have made various new textures and static meshes to help improve the atmosphere on my new maps, furthermore I have not only included my new and never before released maps, but also reworked 2 old classic RedCell maps: Sorrow and Alone.

Due to the request of several players, I also decided to include the original version of my map CommandoBridge in this mappack again, but I worked on it a bit to reduce its filesize (not mapsize!).

Two other maps, Forest and MArena, are very old maps that have not been finished by their original mappers. I decided to spend some hours into updating the maps and make it possible to play actual matches on them. More than 80% of the map has been reworked, updated, fixed and a lot of content was actually just added now. Furthermore I added the map Bliss by Sleazzy into the setup because it has never been used in any mappack and is simply too good to be completely ingored!

These maps are included:

RC_Alone
RC_Sorrow
RC_CommandoBridge
RC_WarBase
RC_Osiris
RC_CloudCityLevels
RC_Forest
RC_Underground
RC_MArena
RC_Deck17
RC_ElecFields
RC_Bliss
RC_Skyline

Furthermore this setup will provide the new weapons that I mentioned for my upcoming mod Frontline, but they are only in BETA state right now and the reason why I put them into this mappack is because I need some detailed feedback about it and would like you to take a look at them. Please keep in mind that the weapons are not finished yet and might have bugs, be too weak or overpowered.

The following maps include new weapons, they are exactly the same maps but I added "X" to the end of the name to seperate them from the retail maps:
RC_CommandoBridgeX
RC_WarBaseX
RC_OsirisX
RC_UndergroundX

These are the new weapons:
Tazer: A new version of the blaster, about the same damage, but different design, shot speed and shot delay. However, the average damager per second (if you hit all shots during that second) is the same.
Burst Gun: Similiar to the retail shotgun regarding the shot delay and shot speed, but only 1 projectile per shot, the damage is about the same anyway.
Shock Rifle: Similiar to the retail sniper, but a shorter shot delay. There is no possibility to zoom.
Scar: The Scar provides a faster moving speed and is quite similiar to the Blaster, but the damage is way less. It can be compared to a blaster with pistol damage and speed.

Download:

Mirror #1 - http://www.file-upload.net/download-479 ... 2.exe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (recommended link!)
Mirror #2 - http://uploaded.net/file/ryzlsdyc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mirror #3 - http://netload.in/index.php?id=10&file_ ... &captcha=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope you are having fun with these maps! Feel free to send the link to other people as well.
Ironhide
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
frazscotland

Re: New mappack release announcement

Post by frazscotland »

Good stuff ill download and have a looki danke :wink:
Pacio
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New mappack release announcement

Post by Pacio »

As I already told you all of them look pretty nice! Downloaded.
RTG COUNTER: 113
Hidden content:
Epic moments with epic team mates!

]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: and btw
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: tea is not that great all in all.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: now you've crossed the line
---------------------------------
]-TX-[»ApFeL: u like that expression
]-TX-[»ApFeL: seriously
]-TX-[»ApFeL: gtfo
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: srsly
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: gtfo
Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.
NOW DANCE, FUCKER, DANCE!

Return to “Mapping Republic Commando”