Studies/Homework: need help/advice? => POST HERE!

Everything off-topic here!
Pacio
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Studies/Homework: need help/advice? => POST HERE!

Post by Pacio »

I've studied spanish until 2 years ago but as many guys here I basically forgot it all lol. The only way to study a language imo (especially for an oral exam) is listening and speaking it a lot, that's more or less how I improved my english (watching english videos and even chatting with you guys).
RTG COUNTER: 113
Hidden content:
Epic moments with epic team mates!

]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: and btw
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: tea is not that great all in all.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: now you've crossed the line
---------------------------------
]-TX-[»ApFeL: u like that expression
]-TX-[»ApFeL: seriously
]-TX-[»ApFeL: gtfo
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: srsly
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: gtfo
Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.
NOW DANCE, FUCKER, DANCE!
Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member
XBOX Gamertag: RokkaFellah
LoL Name: Beatlefield

Post by Sunny »

Get a latina as your gf, that's the right way and it has his benefits! :P
Angela Merkel wrote:Das Internet ist für uns alle #Neuland.
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Hey,
I am writting an internship report and you all know how bad my english is... so if anyone could correct this text or find a better way to express it, that would be so kind.
At the end of my 2 years education of DUT Networks and telecommunications, I performed an internship in CPro, an information technology company located in Valence.

I did several technical tasks and earned lot of skills. In addition, i have been interested in a special task which was about servers virtualization with VMware. Indeed, this is a solution which is increasingly adopted by companies (regardless of their size) thanks to its benefits that are mainly economic and simplicity. Also, I had the opportunity to take part in the workshop preparation of this kind of installation that includes many concepts related to networks and computers in general.

During my internship, I was also involved in other tasks and used materials which I had never used before such as NAS servers, connected cameras, servers...
Thanks in advance. :derp:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

2 questions

1. DUT Networks and telecommunications - is this a company, somewhere you studied, or something you studied?

2. Is CPro a company or something you worked/studied?

Most BS you read all day^
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Penguin wrote:2 questions

1. DUT Networks and telecommunications - is this a company, somewhere you studied, or something you studied?

2. Is CPro a company or something you worked/studied?
DUT Networks and telecommunications is my current formation and CPro is the company where I was for my intership.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

I just "corrected" it the way I would put it but I think Penguin or any real english speaker would be more helpful than me.

@ Penguin: National Teaching Programme for the Technical Degree (DUT). I think it's a 2 years program that makes you specialize in everything related* to networks and computers.

* was about to do an epic pon and put "connected".

Right Judge?

Edit: well he gave you the answer while I was writing the post lol.

Judge wrote:Hey,
I am writting an internship report and you all know how bad my english is... so if anyone could correct this text or find a better way to express it, that would be so kind.
At the end of After my 2 years education of DUT Networks and telecommunications degree, I performed an internship in CPro, an information technology company located in Valence.

I did several technical tasks and earned aquired? gathered? a lot of skills (or "lots of skills") I would precise what kind of skill you aquired. Like "a lot of skill in blablabla". In addition, i have been interested in a special task which was about concerns servers' virtualization with VMware. Indeed,thisit is a solution which is increasingly adopted by companies (regardless of their size) thanks to its benefits that are mainly economic and simplicity (either "economical and simple" (adjectives) or "economy and simplicity" (nouns). I think the first version is what you meant). Also, I had the opportunity to take part in the workshop preparation of this kind of installationthat which includes many concepts* related to networks and computers in general.

During my internship, I was also involved in other tasks and used materials which I had never used before such as NAS servers, connected cameras, servers...
Thanks in advance. :derp:
* I'm slightly concerned about the fact an installation includes "concepts". A concept is something quite abstract whereas an installation is something quite "physical".

Btw fact that colors are different has no specific meaning^^
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Thank you DC-17. :-)

Btw you're right, DUT is a certificate which you can obtain in 2 years. "Networks and telecommunications" is the speciality, the subject of my DUT. To validate it, we have to perform a 2 months internship inside a company.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

I re-edited my post.

Your welcome, though I think it would be wise that Penguin overchecks it :>

Edit: I re-edited it^^
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

After completing my 2 year certificate in DUT Networks and telecommunications, I accepted an internship at CPro, an information technology company located in Valence.

As part of my internship, I had multiple responsibilities that required me to perform several technical tasks which in turn led me to develop a wide range of new skills. In addition to this, I have found that I have a specific interest in a special task that I was tasked with, which involved server virtualization utilising VMware. This is a solution which is increasingly becoming adopted by companies of all sizes, thanks to it being a simple to use and cost effective. I also had the opportunity to take part in the workshop preparation of this kind of installation, which included many concepts related to networking as well as general computing.

During my internship, I was also involved in many other tasks and was exposed to technology that I had not had the opportunity to use before, such as Networked Attached Storage (NAS) servers, connected cameras, web servers etc.
1. 1st reference to NAS should be in full form, it can be shortened to NAS in future references.

2. Made it sound more like the company wanted you, and that you had responsibility and serious work to do

Most BS you read all day^
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

Thank you Penguin. :-)

Return to “Off-Topic”