1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Refreshing the WarZone staff: PLEASE READ

Post by DC-17 »

Dear members and browsers,

As you may already know or not, the WarZone staff
is the TX staff which organises tournaments and ladders within our clan (internal as well as scrimmages).

I have decided to refresh it as players from various divisions recently asked or talked about tournaments which could be organised. Since the current staff is inactive, I have decided to remove from it all the staff members who do not specify in this very topic that they would like to keep their job. So if you are already in the WarZone staff and wish to stay in it, you have to mention it here, elsewise you will be removed from the group.

Moreover, inactive staff members will from now on be replaced if they do not show enough commitment in the organisation of tournaments/ladders, in order to give a chance to other people who would like to be part of it. Of course they are not "blocking" slots, as the staff can be extended as much as we want, but it just looks unserious if we have 25 people responsible for the organisation of only a handful of events.

The staff will work differently. Here are the changes and additions:

Our WarZone platform is currently down and the tournaments/ladders will from now on be organised and updated on the forum instead. Although it doesn't look as "professional" as the WZ platform, we can still make really nice presentations and updates on the forums, and people are more used to it. It should basically be simpler for approximately everybody. The poll regarding the kind of tournament desired, the signing up, the updates of the activity of the event, as well as the announcement of the winners, will all be done on the forums. The topics will be opened and refreshed in the division's forum which conerns the tournament, NOT in the WarZone forum. *
The WarZone forum is meant for the WZ staff members to organise themselves, discuss about upcoming events, to assign who takes the charge of which ladder/tournament, etc. *It is also there that players can post suggestions or proposition about everything which is related to tournaments/ladders.

* every detail is explained below

A tournament/ladder will be organised and fully followed by 2 or 3 (NO LESS, NO MORE) WZ members, who will be responsible for its entire organisation and update on the forum from the sign up on, to the announcement of the final results and awards. Players taking part in the event should not have to care at all about any point which is related to the organisation or administration of the tournament. The only thing they are asked is to give screenshots of the matches played to a staff member who takes care of their tournament. This staff member will then have to update as soon as possible the topic in which the status of the event is showed.

This is why the staff members should be very available during the period of their tournament. Many tourneys drown because we fail to keep the news feed updated and the matches just end up being forgotten. This is specially the case in ladders, where teams have to know who their next opponent will be.

Talking about this, the WZ staff members will also be responsible for insisting to the members to play their matches, and to remove from the competition those who do not play them. They are entirely responsible for the activity and the success of the tournament.

The DivCom (and eventually the Commanders) are asked to collaborate with the staff members organising their tournament. They should furnish them the details and information they need to know in order to make a well running and successful event. They are also asked to stay aware of the situation in order to support the WZ members, but they are not responsible for the update of the tournaments' evolution topic. They should not have to edit it as it will be done by the WZ members.

Now of course, the WZ members should still and always be treated with respect by the players. Do not forget these guys give their time to make you evolve and have fun. And these modifications do not mean players aren't allowed to help the WZ members; I just really insist on the fact it is not their duty. All they have to do is play their matches and check the score boards. And, above all, send their screenshots to the organiser in order to make a match valid.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT: WZ members are not just responsible for the good running of the tournament they are assigned to. They are responsible for PREPARING the tournament, to raise the demand for tournament. To ask players what they would like to play. To take INITIATIVE.

All this implies that WZ members will aquire special and temporary moderating powers over the concerned forums. Powers which I will personally give and remove respectively before and after the event. Specific subforums for big events can be opened on demand to me directly. This will also force me to do my job :D

You will however have a permanent access and moderating power on the WarZone forum.

Finally, I also decided to insert a new (unranked and undesplayed) role: the WZ staff head. This is not a real leader status, but it just means the "head" member will be responsible for the activity and the good terms of the WZ staff members, and have more influence in case the staff members can't find a commonly approved compromise regarding any kind of point related to the staff or a tournament. The "head" member has to be particularly active, and this symbolic role will rotate within the members. However it should not be taken too seriously, and I don't want new rules explaining how, when, under which conditions, ..., it should be elected or etc. That isn't the purpose of that addition. The head will rotate by the will of the WZ members or by Vash or myself. I really insist on the fact that it should not be seen as a sign of power over the other members. It is symbolic and it is why that role will pass from one to another. Such role is just necessary for the efficiency and the activity of the staff. Please remember, just focus on having fun when you're operating in a staff.

I have decided that Splatter will take the unofficial head of the WarZone staff.

I think everything is said. If you are interested in taking a spot in the WarZone staff and if you have taken good note of the requirements, post a message here directly explaining your motivations and your availabilty, as well as which division particularly interests you. I remind you that WZ members will be assigned to specific tournaments of specific divisions. That is also why we will try to create a staff which has good knowledge of each division, in order to make the tournaments more fun because the organisers will know how the modes of the game are played (thus giving also less work to the DivCom).

If you are already a WZ staff member, do not forget to post here if you wish to stay in it, and also specifiy which game you would particularly like to operate in. You will normally be accepted, but you will really have to show your motivation in the upcoming time because as I said, these spots will rotate quickly if you do not have the time to fulfill your job. You have 7 days to mention your will to stay. Only Hasero has a fixed position in the staff as it was him who founded it.

N.B: That message is in NO WAY a blame to any current WZ member as they are all welcome to stay in it if they can show enough availability and commitment.

Remember, have fun and think positive! Thank you for your contribution to our community :)

Note: I'm sorry for that huge text, I didn't realise its length as I wrote it.
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Refreshing the WarZone staff: PLEASE READ

Post by Judge »

Huge text. I quickly glanced at it but I got the ideas.

Indeed, it's annoying to take part in a tournament which suddenly get inactive from a day to an other. I hope that your changes will affect it. :up:

Too bad that the tournament/ladders won't be organized on the WZ platform anymore, it was a really good stuff...
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Post by Aphex »

This seems like a move for the best, and I shall help out in what ever ways I can in organizing tournaments and ladders.
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:
Madara
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain
STEAM: madara259
LoL Name: GM DenDeus

Post by Madara »

You can replace me I am not longer interested in organising tournaments or whatever.
]-TX-[Madara™{OmCpt}
Darude- Sandstorm
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

I'm still in WZ I guess but as I'm going to be inactive in game again from saturday 26 to..... June... Don't delete me I'll be totaly active after this 4 months inactivity...
Click for watching:
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander

Post by DC-17 »

DC.LegenD wrote:I'm still in WZ I guess but as I'm going to be inactive in game again from saturday 26 to..... June... Don't delete me I'll be totaly active after this 4 months inactivity...
No worries, I understand and thanks for letting us know. However, as I said, there is no "fixed" number of seats for the WZ staff, it's just a matter of not having 90% of the staff inactive because it looks unserious. I will remove you from the staff but you can come back in it whenever you wish Legend. It is not as if you had to go through an application time to get in such staffs so you it won't take you 5 mins to re-enter it. However it just looks clearer if we don't have inactive people in staff.

Also, when I talk about staff inactivity, you shouldn't get panicked about that and don't think I'm saying you should be 24/7 available. It is absolutely fine if you're away a week and forgot to mention it. I guess you can easily make yourselves an appreciation of what I consider inactive. And last but not least, getting removed from a staff doesn't mean your banned from it. It's just that you're not active enough in it.
Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

Post by Numb »

Feel free to remove me from the staff. As you know I won't have time for WZ atm.

However, a good idea to bring in some fresh meat to the staff!
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Thanks for your redeployment of the WarZone, Dc-17. I like your ideas!

By the way: the WarZone website will probably be back very soon. I'm in contact with the developer.

By the way #2: don't forget we have these forums: http://www.tx-gaming.net/warzone/forums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@ Dc-17
The tournaments will not take part on this forum, but in the WarZone forum I just posted above. Either I missunderstood you or you just forgot we have seperate WarZone forums. ;-)

Please sign up an account there. I will give you admin access.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Drift
Veteran - LoL Division Commander
Veteran - LoL Division Commander

Post by Drift »

I'm already squad rep so this is basically what I'm supposed to be doing. Add me if possible.

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT
Splatter
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran

Post by Splatter »

Thanks a lot DC.
I'm already squad rep so this is basically what I'm supposed to be doing. Add me if possible.
Sounds good to me.

So atm I think the list is the following (Without former WarZone Members, who did not reply till now):
Splatter
Drift (RepCom)
Skyred (RepCom)
Aphex (RepCom)
Legend (RepCom)
Hasero (Xbox)

Would be good, if some BF3, Xbox and MW3 Member are interested in joining the staff.
@ Dc-17
The tournaments will not take part on this forum, but in the WarZone forum I just posted above. Either I missunderstood you or you just forgot we have seperate WarZone forums. ;-)
Personally I would prefer, to have the WarZone Forum into the normal Forum and I, for myself have the feeling, that its easier to bring the WarZone to activity when the forum is integrated here, than to have an own seperate one. But ofc its up to you, I'll do my best, no mather if we organise here or in the seperate one.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Splatter wrote:Personally I would prefer, to have the WarZone Forum into the normal Forum and I, for myself have the feeling, that its easier to bring the WarZone to activity when the forum is integrated here, than to have an own seperate one.
Esspecially the non-TX participants claimed that the tourney should not be within the TX forums, since 1) people who are not visiting this forum have no idea what's going in and where to look at and 2) those people would like to have a kinda "more neutral" area.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Skyred
Omicron 2nd Lieutenant
Omicron 2nd Lieutenant
LoL Name: TXSkyred

Post by Skyred »

Okay I'm very interested of WZ staff I'd like to take part. I'll enjoy to prepare tournament and so on. I'd like to have some responsabilities and take initiative.
So I would like.
Ps: I'm registered on the Warzone web site.
»»»»»»»»»»]-TX-[Skyred™{OmSMj} -]TeamXtreme[-. Thank you Splatter<3
Omicron
Splatter
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran

Post by Splatter »

Vash wrote:
Splatter wrote:Personally I would prefer, to have the WarZone Forum into the normal Forum and I, for myself have the feeling, that its easier to bring the WarZone to activity when the forum is integrated here, than to have an own seperate one.
Esspecially the non-TX participants claimed that the tourney should not be within the TX forums, since 1) people who are not visiting this forum have no idea what's going in and where to look at and 2) those people would like to have a kinda "more neutral" area.
Okay, that are strong arguments for a non-integrated forum. Maybe we could atleast let the WarZone (for WZ Members only) Discussion Forum into here, I think who is in the Staff, knows how our forums works. The other areas could be in an own seperate Forum, if that is okay. I would prefer that.

Nice to hear Skyred :up:
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

No, there is no splitting up. Everything regarded the WarZone will be discussed on the WarZone forum whether they are public or WarZone staff internal.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander

Post by DC-17 »

I actually totally ignored that we had such a forum. I have just created an account there, Vash.

So okay maybe it will look clearer, more organised, and more professional if everything regarding the tournaments/ladders is placed there. I will have a talk with the staff in order to add/remove (sub)forums to make it more efficient.

The most important is its easy access for the members and, as you mentioned, that they do not get lost while looking for the topics they are searching.

However I count on the WarZone staff to make advertisement towards every member (especially those who do not necessarily cope a lot with the forums) to create an account on the WZ forum and to USE IT. This and the fact that I personally didn't even know about this forum emphasises the necessity to have a forum which is well structured and SIMPLE, so that members do not get confused. If they get confused, everything will fail again.

Return to “TeamXtreme Clan Announcements”