Gletch application [1/3]

All denied applications will moved to this place.
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Gletch application [1/3]

Post by Judge »

I have to agree to Genius here. Considering that you agreed not to take a screenshot of the match, this stuff should not appear on your application.
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

Sorry but I share Judge's and Splatter's posts. If you agree on the forehand not to take screenshots, respect your commitment. If you post the screen anyway because the score finally arranges you, it is a lack of respect for your opponent.

That is not a question of pride or anything like this, it is just respecting what is commonly agreed. I could've understood if Gletch had posted the screen if he hadn't accepted Genius' offer, but in this situation he agreed not to post the screen and to play a "real" 1v1 the next time.

*The following part seems slightly off-topic but is actually relevant to this application as it explains the importance of respecting such a commitment.

I personally am the first one who likes to play with an agreement of not posting screen, especially when I was OmCom and trained my squad members (who probably know what I'm talking about). That is also the case when I train and warm up against friends such as Vash, Genius, etc... Why? Because it simply allows you to train better. You are sure your opponent won't use sneaky tactics which give free easy kills (hide in vents with ACP or spam 4 nades at once for example) just in order to show a high score against you. (I am not complaining about any kind of tactic used in matches here, I am just explaining that they are not effective in terms of training). When I used to train my squad members, I would often give them tips and teach them how to improve their moves, aiming in specific situations,etc. For example if I decided not to shoot at my "student" to make his training better I would logically get killed 15 times in a row. And if the first thing he would do is post a screen right away to show he got 15-0 against me, I would of course stop spending time for that person. Trainings wouldn't be very effective if the "stronger" player always had to play the best he could (to avoid getting a bad score), simply because that wouldn't let the "weaker" player develop his skills.

Also, when I test applicants (and that the screens will be posted) I will not hesitate to "agress" them in-game on A17 (not verbally of course but in the playing style) to put them under pressure and see how they react; most of the time that only allows me to check their attitude (which is a first requirement to get my vote) rather than their actual skills. I agree to play as many "screenable" matches as the applicant wants, but that means I will just play my best and try not to give him any chance to show me how good he is. However, I often offer him to show me his skills in a "non-screenable" match, where I barely shoot at him and focus much more on his moves, gameplay and aiming than on the score or performance itself. (That is a good advice for Voters who have difficulties evaluating an applicant's level by the way).

So again, it has nothing to do with pride and with not accepting loss, it is just a matter of respecting what you agreed on the forehand. And it is extremely important if we want to keep the training efficient. :)
Gletch
STEAM: gletch123
XBOX Gamertag: GilbyClan

Post by Gletch »

Thanks for advice and explaining further dc-17. Sorry for not keeping my word on the screen geniuz just dont have to be that harsh about it.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

It's fine Gletch but just be more careful in the future to avoid such problems.

I wish you good luck.
Gletch

Post by Gletch »

Just 1v1 Ski who used to be HOR but now is rc-app. First match lost 15-14 second won 15-9. Both on euro. He said he would post here.
Skirata
LoL Manager
LoL Manager
STEAM: charcoaleater
LoL Name: framboiseattack

Post by Skirata »

Yeah, I don't have the Screens, but I can say that those were the scores. Man, this guy is really good, I might not have been on my top form, but he still played extremely well.
Good luck with the rest of your app. :up:
-Sig by War.

Hamlet Coach (1:17): yea sure, sry i took long to answer but i had to google how to talk in chat while palying, i keep forgetting
Freshou (8:06): contact me *****
Skyred
Omicron 2nd Lieutenant
Omicron 2nd Lieutenant
LoL Name: TXSkyred

Post by Skyred »

I played a 1vs1 against him. And I have to say he played quite well(I won 15/10 or 15/12, I have the screen) but he isnt always fair play, 1 time he used bacta and he didn't said he used it. But Progress with your mentality and all will be good.
»»»»»»»»»»]-TX-[Skyred™{OmSMj} -]TeamXtreme[-. Thank you Splatter<3
Omicron
Gletch

Post by Gletch »

Yah still getting used to the rules on euro its a little different :P
Because on american its ruled part of the game most of the time and considered fair. :nasty:
Aphex
RC Division Commander
RC Division Commander
STEAM: hughd007

Post by Aphex »

Denied.

It is a shame to do this but after having reviewed your application so far I can see many issues. A number of members have raised issues with you and your deceptions bode poorly for you. I simply think that as you are/have been you are not ready to join a clan like TX.

When you are prepared to be honest and committed to your application by all means make another application but tricking people and lying about things has certainly not helped you here.
'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»'°»TEAM XTREME Division Commander«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'«°'
Hidden content:

Return to “Denied”